Totally Off Topic - But FREAKIN ME OUT

Mechamaniac

well, i say better safe than sorry. I mean who know's what you're gonna get on the 12 day of Christmas. I say instead of spying from your Bed room window just go buy a nice camcorder ( you can always return it later)

No you cant if opened there is a restocking fee of 15%. I knwo i used to sell them at Best Buy

well, i say better safe than sorry.  I mean who know's what you're gonna get on the 12 day of Christmas.  I say instead of spying from your Bed room window just go buy a nice camcorder ( you can always return it later)

No you cant if opened there is a restocking fee of 15%. I knwo i used to sell them at Best Buy

circuit city has no restocking fee

Dude, I would just wait out there with a paintball gun.  I can let you borrow mine.  :lol:

Nah Airsoft all the way baby. Full auto w/ silencer whisper quiet and compact.

But paintballs would be much more festive.

I could load it up with Red and Green (Christmas Colors) balls, and when I see them on the porch, I just step out, and as I stitch em from head to toe, I scream....Merry Christmas Motherf$$%$rs!!!!

Dude, Your spouse totaly has ya fooled,,,,,,lets make a little pool here, whatcha guys say

A) Wife (and freinds in on it)

B) Axe Murderer

C) Ex-Girlfreind (or one good night from the bar)

D) Some weird ass chick

E) Sperm from a MW's Member (Names to be another pool)

Im going with the wife and a couple freinds

Or...

F) The Freemasons (yes, they are behind everything)

G) Satan (like I said, his recruitment is subtle and quite seductive)

H) Product Placement Advertisers hell-bent on converting MacrossWorld members.

Come to think of it... I want some M&M's... and a cold Sprite to wash it down... then maybe I'll run by Hallmark.

Dude, Your spouse totaly has ya fooled,,,,,,lets make a little pool here, whatcha guys say

B) Axe Murderer

D) Some weird ass chick

Or...

Come to think of it... I want some M&M's... and a cold Sprite to wash it down... then maybe I'll run by Hallmark.

OOPS, i forgot the Mormans, they quit knoking on my door finally,maybe thier after you now,,,,,,was thier any religious panphlets (BAD spelling)

Update time....

She opened the door no more than ten seconds later, and there was another gift hanging from the doorknob in a bag, this time, it was a Hallmark tree ornament.

Was there a note again? If so what did this one say? Come on... how can you forget and leave out these details?

Edited by wwwmwww

Does your wife have a cell phone?

Grab it when she is not looking and check when the outbound calls are made for the past few days. She is probably calling a neighbor to do this when she knows you aren't paying attention to the front door.

everyone knows is agent 1 is the secret elf, ya him and his crom.... and dna. i would put some those sticky fly paper on the front of the door and if he/she doesnt notice it, it should slow him/her down enough to catch who it is.

They're all in on it! Your wife, your business partner, his wife, The Kennedys, LAPD.... It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

BTW, we need details about the gifts and note. This isn't all about you MM. Please feed our curiosity. We have needs too.:lol:

This thread rocks.

I hope you get a 12 pack of Fat Tire for the twelf day of Christmas.... That is what I would want. Hint hint to Macrossworlders in Tucson, AZ.

Don't try to catch whoever it is. If you do catch them the gifts will stop.

Edited by Myriad

Update time....

They're getting sneaky now....

Last night, I checked outside, and there was nothing. Then around 8PM while I was preparig to go out and stake out the front door, my wife heard something touch the door.

She opened the door no more than ten seconds later, and there was another gift hanging from the doorknob in a bag, this time, it was a Hallmark tree ornament.

She did not however spot anyone, so if they were on my front porch, they must have dove into the hedge in front of my house to not be seen.

I bolted out the door, and flew round the corner to the shopping center where the pay phone is that all the calls have been coming from.

I thought I saw a car that I recognized (my business partner's wife), but I am not sure. I parked and watched the phone, and noone went near it, then when I drove back past where the car was, it was gone.

I went home, and about ten minutes later, the call came in, but this time, from a 7-Eleven down the street.

I think whoever it is, I missed em by a red **** hair, and definitely spooked them into using a different phone.

But, the times are varying so much now, it's hard to say when they will come next...

I have a meeting tonight with my partner though, maybe some bright light, and trickling water, and bamboo shoots will come in handy. <_<

Dude, you need to set some anti personnel mines. You know trhe ones where you have to dig a hole and place in there. :rolleyes: Anyways, seriously you need to set a motion detector wired to the alarms. Oh wait... I got a nice idea.

1. You put something sticky on the door knob or on the ground to keep them there. Kinda like fly paper. I dunno if there is a product out there.

2. Put some wet paint on the ground (or some kind of other substance) in which you can track the "footprints once he/she will step on it. You have to put it where they cannot see it.

3. Put some permanant dye on the door knob. you know those dye bombs when the banks give to the robber to mark the money.

4. Put a trip wire on the ground so when they trip on it they are gonna fall and you will hear them fall.

Personally, I think it is an inside job. I mean when you are not even remotely close to the door knob, you get these gifts. Your wife should lose her "Top Secret" clearance immediately. :lol:

BTW, we need details about the gifts and note. This isn't all about you MM. Please feed our curiosity. We have needs too.:lol:

OK, here are details, here's a rundown thus far.....

1st Day (Sunday12/14) - A set of dish towels and a hot pad with snowmen on them:

"On the first day of Christmas

Your secret elves bring a delight

Festive Christmas towels and mitts

For you to use each night

Love, your secret elves"

2nd Day (Monday 12/15) - A bottle if Sprite with a ribbon attached.

"On the 2nd day of Christmas

A drink we hope is right

To brighten up your holiday

And make your spirits "Sprite"!

Love, your secret elves.

3rd Day Tuesday 12/16) - 4 holiday M&M gift tubes with the little figures on top of them. (Incidentally, there are 4 people in my house, more proof that the culprit knows me.)

On the 3rd day of Christmas

A treat for your delight

Red and Green M&M's

Try one or two tonight

Love, your Secret Elves.

4th Day (Wednesday 12/17) - Christmas tree ornament.

On the 4th day of Christmas

An ornament for your tree

To brighten up your holiday

And fill your hearts with glee

Love, your secret elves.

5th Day - (Thursday 12/18) - PENDING......

B) Axe Murderer

D) Some weird ass chick

Or...

ILLUMINATI!!!

:ph34r::ph34r:

Dude, I would just wait out there with a paintball gun.  I can let you borrow mine.  :lol:

Nah Airsoft all the way baby. Full auto w/ silencer whisper quiet and compact.

But paintballs would be much more festive.

I could load it up with Red and Green (Christmas Colors) balls, and when I see them on the porch, I just step out, and as I stitch em from head to toe, I scream....Merry Christmas Motherf$$%$rs!!!!

Tell your wife that you're going out somewhere, like visiting a friend or whatever excuse that might take a few hours. Leave the house well in advance, then sneak back with a paintball gun and hide in those hedges you mentioned:

She did not however spot anyone, so if they were on my front porch, they must have dove into the hedge in front of my house to not be seen.

Then wait for the "elf/elves" to show up... Paintballs away! :lol:

Although I love airsoft, I'd rather paint someone head to toe with a paintball gun than with an airsoft. Bigger rounds and more punch! ;)

As disturbing as it might be, in this day and age of people doing all sorts of crazy things...I really think that this is someone or people trying to be nice to you. I have a hunch your wife is really in on it.

Santa's Secret Elves=sorta like Pay It Forward.

I just thought of something. Vaseline. On your door, doorbell, wherever. Coat it. It's like an irresistible human response to try to get it off, but you can't. They'll be there for at least 5 secs trying to wipe it off before they realize they'd better run.

And being clear, it's hard to tell it's there... just watch for someone running down the street trying to wipe their hands on their pants or something. :) And check the local phones for vaseline on the handsets.

Edited by David Hingtgen

I just thought of something. Vaseline. On your door, doorbell, wherever. Coat it. It's like an irresistible human response to try to get it off, but you can't. They'll be there for at least 5 secs trying to wipe it off before they realize they'd better run.

And being clear, it's hard to tell it's there... just watch for someone running down the street trying to wipe their hands on their pants or something. :) And check the local phones for vaseline on the handsets.

That´s actually a great idea , although the paintball plan sounds good as well :lol:

Not sure about the the law in the US, but I would imagine that shooting somebody with a paintball or airsoft gun without their consent would be illegal, that is that unless they are posing an immediate threat to you or your loved ones.

Graham

Well, see, I agree with the airsoft. But don't shoot them! Just use it for intimidation. Especially at night, those things look like real guns.

Which could be problematic if the person you decide to intimidate happens to have a concealed carry permit and on seeing your real looking airsoft gun pointing at him/her decides in fear for their life to shoot you with their very real gun, firing very real bullets, leaving you very really dead or crippled for life.

Guns are not for playing around with folks. The only place you should ever point an airsoft gun at somebody is in a controlled wargaming environment, where everbody knows it is a game.

As a civilian the absolute only time you should ever point a real gun at another human is if that person presents a clear and immediate threat to your life or the life of another person.

Common sense people!

Herein ends the firearms safety lecture.

Graham

You know that once you find out who it is you'll have to print out this thread and show it to them. Hell were at day 5 and have 9 pages of paranoia. At this rate we'll have 21 pages by day 12! :blink:

Imagine the fun when these elves realize they caused this much comotion. Then you can join them to get someone else next year. :rolleyes:

People called me a paranoid gun brandishing nut... but I just want to reinforce what Graham said.

Almost every state in the US has laws against "undue force" and "weapon brandishing" that apply to citizens. Here in Missouri where I live, "brandishing" (which has been interpreted by local judges as liberally as simply showing the item in view of others in an outdoor area) anything that looks like or is a weapon outside of a specially designated area like a shooting range or paintball park is ILLEGAL. Several people have been arrested (mainly stupid kids) for using/showing/threatening people/etc. with paintball and airsoft guns in the area in the last few years. The cops, and especially the courts, see the act of using paintball and airsoft guns on equal grounds as using real guns and you will wind up before the man faster than poop through a goose.

On the subject of using ACTUAL firearms in your defence, get this: it is ILLEGAL in Missouri to use a firearm to defend property. That means if you shoot someone stealing your car, YOU go to jail. The only way you can legally brandish and discharge a firearm into another human being in this state (and many others) is if that person is threatening you with DEATH or SEVERE HARM. Several people involved in shootings in this area have attempted what has come to be called "the empty handed argument" in which they tried to claim defense in shooting someone who was unarmed claiming they were in fear of their life at the time... Most of those people ended up standing tall before the man. COPS can claim the empty handed defense as they are trained to respond to situations like that and judges tend to favor the officer's judgement of the situation... but a trigger happy "untrained" civilian is more likely to get charged with manslaughter if that corpse they just pumped full of lead was not holding a weapon of some sort... and those bullet holes better be in the front of that body (yes, some chump locally tried to claim defense when he shot some guy in the back... when said guy was running away from him).

I myself am paranoid... everyone who owns a nice car, nice things and lives in a nice place is paranoid on some level that someone or something is out to get them at some time. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I live in fear cowering in the corner thinking the entire criminal underworld is waiting outside to kill and rob me... and I also do not peer out my blinds just waiting for the day I can pump a magazine of hollowpoints into some perp.

Life is precious, even in the most depraved and misguided of people and the only right you have to take that from someone is if they give you no other choice. Some of us prefer to be on the defense, we own guns and are not afraid to use them if the situation falls apart to the level they are needed... others choose to be victims and let things happen. There is an old saying: the difference between a anti-gun person and a pro-gun person is one good mugging (I've been robbed before at knifepoint at school in Chicago, I know what I'm talking about here).

But I digress...

Back to the topic at hand:

Figure out who this person or persons is in a way that does not get you tossed in jail and that does not cost you tons of money. Peeking out of blinds or hiding in your car (without weapons if you see fit... yeah, without) and find out... then tell us... so I can go back to peeking out my blinds to see if they come to my house.

:ph34r: