Totally Off Topic - But FREAKIN ME OUT

Mechamaniac

EDIT IN - NOW LISTING ALL NEW UPDATES (GIFTS AND MESSAGES IN THIS POST.

OK, so last night I am sitting in my house around 9:20PM when the phone rings. I answer it, and get this message: "This is Santa's Elves, you have a surprise at your front door". The voice was obviously a recording, and some stange pixie like female voice. I went to my door, and sure enough, there was a gift bag hanging from my doorknob. I opened the bag with a stick, and found a set of dish towels in it, and bearing the following message:

"On the first day of Christmas

Your secret elves bring a delight

Festive Christmas towels and mitts

For you to use each night

Love, your secret elves"

The number on the caller ID from the phone call was a pay phone in a shopping center around the corner from my house.

Tonight, another call, same time, same recording, same pay phone.

Another gift - A bottle if Sprite with a ribbon attached, and bearing the following note:

"On the 2nd day of Christmas

A drink we hope is right

To brighten up your holiday

And make your spirits "Sprite"!

Love, your secret elves.

Now, I have done a search on Google, and found NOTHING about an organization called the Secret Elves.

Anyone ever heard of this???????

FREAKING ME OUT MAN!!

I mean, I am as big a Christmas fanatic as anyone else, and totally believe in the Christmas spirit and all that jazz, but in this day of white powder filled envelopes etc, I can't help but be a little apprehensive.

At this point, I have to assume that the stuff will keep coming all through the twelve days of Christmas, but I am off tomorrow night, so I think I will be watching to see if it is someone I know.

BTW - I have asked all of my relatives, and close friends, and they all have rock solid alibis.

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

HERE IS THE TOTAL RUNDOWN

OK, here are details, here's a rundown thus far.....

1st Day (Sunday12/14) - A set of dish towels and a hot pad with snowmen on them:

"On the first day of Christmas

Your secret elves bring a delight

Festive Christmas towels and mitts

For you to use each night

Love, your secret elves"

2nd Day (Monday 12/15) - A bottle if Sprite with a ribbon attached.

"On the 2nd day of Christmas

A drink we hope is right

And make your spirits "Sprite"!

Love, your secret elves.

3rd Day Tuesday 12/16) - 4 holiday M&M gift tubes with the little figures on top of them. (Incidentally, there are 4 people in my house, more proof that the culprit knows me.)

On the 3rd day of Christmas

A treat for your delight

Red and Green M&M's

Try one or two tonight

Love, your Secret Elves.

4th Day (Wednesday 12/17) - Christmas tree ornament.

On the 4th day of Christmas

An ornament for your tree

And fill your hearts with glee

Love, your secret elves.

5th Day (Thursday - 12/18) - Another bag on the door, containing a children's book, and the following note:

On the 5th day of Christmas

A Christmas story to bring good cheer,

To warm your hearts and spirits

At this special time of year!

Love, your secret elves.

6th Day (Friday - 12/19) - Another bag on the door, containing a can of cocoa in a hand knitted sleeve, and the following note:

On the 6th day of Christmas

A sweet tooth begs attention,

We know it adds some calories

But that we will not mention!

Love, your secret elves.

7th Day (Saturday - 12/20) - A big tin of tri flavored popcorn

On the 7th day of Christmas

We hired a little elf,

To make this tin of popcorn

You may eat it all yourself!

Love, your secret elves.

8th Day (Sunday - 12/21) - A fruit basket

On the 8th day of Christmas

We bring a harvest bounty,

A sack filled with luscious fruit

From farmers in the county

Love, your secret elves

9th Day (Monday - 12/22) - A large pillar style candle

On the 9th day of Christmas

A candle bright and gay,

To decorate your mantle

In a cheerful sort of way!

Love, your secret elves.

10th Day (Tuesday - 12/23) - A bevvy of Candy Canes

On the 10th day of Christmas

For a family kind and sweet

Here are some candy canes

A traditional Christmas treat.

Love, your secret elves.

11th Day (Wednesday - 12/24) - A poinesttia plant

On the 11th day of Christmas

A pretty flower we impart,

To bring a ray of sunshine

And joy into your heart!.

Love, your secret elves

12th Day (Christmas Day) - A letter addressed to my family by last name.

We hope these days of Christmas,

Have brought you lots of joy,

And made your holiday extra nice

And made you shout "Oh boy!"

We sure have had fun sharing

At this special time of year,

We want to wish you "Merry Christmas"

Because you are so dear.

Merry Christmas,

With love,

your secret elves.

AND a tin of cookies, the final note attached to the tin said...

On the 12th day of Christmas

Your secret elves have been baking,

Now we place upon your doorstep

A treat we had fun making

Love, your secret elves.

Edited by Mechamaniac

Proabably just some girl with a crush on you. Sounds quite sweet actually.

I wouldn't worry too much, unless she turns out to be some insane psycho stalker chick who's planning to decapitate you on the 12th day of Christmas and stick your head on the top of her Christmas tree. :p

Hey, we could have a good idea for a horror movie here.

Graham, (who likes to reasure people)

someone's probably after you... any chance you work in high level security, working with top secret computers or programs, or part of some international good spy organization bent on destroying evil, while protecting kids at nite and destroying anything H.G. related?

If you do, Then there is a good chance they may have shopped here and obtained some information about you: http://www.villainsupply.com/

serious stand point... see if there is any greeting company that might have sent you the stuff aswell... you may want to ask your neigbors if they saw anything suspicious aswell.

Well, both of the packages were delivered around the same time each night.

Tomorrow night, I am off, so I will be spying out my bedroom window.

I feel kinda bad, I mean if it is just a purely benevolent Christmas spirit type of thing, then I would hate for them to feel the cold steel of my BFK against their throat, and turn to see my camo'd face staring into theirs with eyes full of blazing fury.

So, I will just spy out the window, and see if it is someone I recognize.

I feel kinda bad, I mean if it is just a purely benevolent Christmas spirit type of thing, then I would hate for them to feel the cold steel of my BFK against their throat, and turn to see my camo'd face staring into theirs with eyes full of blazing fury.

Nah, that's a bad tactic. Just put a good scope on a rifle, and smile (just joking :D:D ).

Seriously, you might want to consider involving the police in this if your safety could be threatened.

Guys, I'm all for personal safety and everything, and would also keep a firearm for personal protection if the law here allowed it, but aren't you guys perhaps being a little too paranoid? Or is living in the US really that dangerous?

Anway Mechamaniac, keep us posted as to what happens.

Graham

Guys, I'm all for personal safety and everything, and would also keep a firearm for personal protection if the law here allowed it, but aren't you guys perhaps being a little too paranoid? Or is living in the US really that dangerous?

Graham

it isn't paranoia if they're really out to get you....

:ph34r:

aren't you guys perhaps being a little too paranoid? Or is living in the US really that dangerous?

Who wants to know? Who do you work for, man? The GOVERNMENT! I knew it!

(grabs his crazy right wing militia newsletters, throws them in the fireplace and starts eating his social security card)

:ph34r:

:p

... Who am I kidding? I live in ultra richboy snob-ass Clayton. The closest I will get to a using a firearm in self defense is on a video game.

We don't want a real life rendiditon of FMP: Fumoffu, where Sosuke was camoed up with a sniper rifle pointed at the girl who sent him a love letter.

Are there any girls that you've been talking to lately, one that may be a little interested, and decided to try something original for Christmas? Maybe on the 12th day you'll find her on your doorstep wrapped with a bow :) . You can keep a baseball bat by the door just in case, but for now it could pay to be optimistic and play along for now.

Edited by Anubis

Graham

Nah, it's not that dangerous. People just seem to tend towards the most violent solution when presented with a situation on the internet.

Hehehe, that's pretty cool. I wouldn't worry if I were you. Don't let the media of fear and their ridiculous sensationalisation make you jump at every sound. Odds are good this is just some friends/family/admirer having fun with you. I wonder, is this going to keep going until Christmas day? :)

You gotta keep us informed what happens. I'm really curious now :)

Tomorrow night, I am off, so I will be spying out my bedroom window.

Too much work....plus you're wasting your evening. Set up a camcorder at your window, hook it up to your VCR hit rec and go out and play or do whatever for the rest of the night.

SMILE! You're on Candid Camera!!! (is that show still on??)

Graham

No, we, like true Americans, like having fun at other people's expense.

I think it's totally innocent too, but you can always check for the warning signs:

1) Communitations in Latin

2) Repeated musical tunes

3) Any connection to someone with a name of Justin

If any of these things come up, then you might worry.

I still say it's a girl you know trying to be creative for Christmas. If it was a trap, why would they bother with the whole 12 days, bit, and just get you with the first one. Besides, not many guys would go to that much trouble for a Christmas prank, getting creative and actually writing poems.

If it's a girl then it's news to me.

Been married for 6 years, with my wife for 10. Haven't so much as talked to another female that I don't work with in aeons.

It's strange, but perhaps it's completely random????

What gets me is how coordinated it is, either someone is calling my house from that pay phone, and playing a recording then hanging up, or they are calling some other number from the payphone and entering my number which is then auto dialed, and the recording is played. Either way, it is definitely a recording, that voice is not human.

Stranger still is that the stuff they are dropping off is inexpensive, but the gift bags, and ribbons etc are all Hallmark and Carlton (known brands) so it's not really cheap stuff.

I think it might be some good samaritan thing, perhaps they choose a number at random out of the phone book since my number and address is listed. If that's the case then I wish they had chosen someone who actually NEEDS this stuff. I'm not rich by any monetary means, but I definitely do not need this stuff, and someone else probably does....

I guess, I will just wait and see. If you guys read of a bizarre intruder being shot dead on Christmas day in Maryland, you'll know it happened in my house! :ph34r:

well, i say better safe than sorry. I mean who know's what you're gonna get on the 12 day of Christmas. I say instead of spying from your Bed room window just go buy a nice camcorder ( you can always return it later) Place it at a spot where you'll get a nice shot of your front door, then get another camcorder and place it at the house across from you so you'll get a better view, just tell them what's happening and they'll understand. You should now go out and have some fun but make sure you're not alone when you come home. Oh don't go to the Mall either cause they might notice you there and your whole setup would be a waste.

I for one do not think it's a Girl, I mean all girls have Cell phones right? :rolleyes: And if they use a pay phone they do not want to get caught.

Ah Mechamaniac as you are married (you didn't mention that before), it's probably your wife doing it. She might not be the one actually physically hanging the stuff on your door or making the calls, but she's probably behind it.

Either that or it's an ex-lover that you spurned more than 10 years ago who has all this time nursed a burning hatred for you and has spent the last decade plotting her evil vengence (cue sinister background music). B))

Or it could just be someone's got the wrong address!

Graham

Either that or it's an ex-lover that you spurned more than 10 years ago who has all this time nursed a burning hatred for you and has spent the last decade plotting her evil vengence (cue sinister background music). B))

* cues Howard Shore's score for Se7en

"This guy's methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient. "