Poll: Where did you get your Macross toys?

stram8777

Where did you get your Macross toys?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Where did you get your Macross toys?

• Order them on-line, if so what store?
    • Got them at an actual store, meaning you picked them up at the same time?
    • Got them at a convention?
    • Another Macross Worlder?
    • Other?

Got all of my valks (8) at hlj.

It's hard the wait (2.5 weeks everytime), but sure it worths.

Anyway, I'm looking for another places to order from. And Kevin seems to be the man; hearing your V-E's comments is good enough for me.

mcpaz

75% of my anime junk I get from online stores. The other 25% I goto stores and buy, which means trips to Richmond with a friend with a big trunk or ask anyone that goes to pick up stuff for me.

I used to shop at HLJ exclusively, but after hearing about Kevin's reputation at Valk-Exch. I decided to give it a shot. Excellent customer service (and really fast, too!)

Now I only buy things on HLJ when they're on sale. Otherwise I get everything I can from V-E.

The majority of my valks came from VE, HLJ (not anymore, though...EMS/SAL sucks :angry::(:angry: ), but I have bought a few from BBTS -really great selection of other toys, eBay -primarily to pick up the MPCs on the cheap.

Hi,

I got mine from RapidCulture, Wondershowcase (Noel's shop), Toyscollector in Singapore. When i go to HongKong to visit my fiancee, its usually the toys shops in CTMA, Sino Centre and CausewayBay (Sugar street)...Animate, Kanto Hobby are the few shops i always keep in mine.

Cheers

i've ordered from just about everybody at one point. however, these days i usually shop exclusively with TMP Anime, although i have been very close to getting a few things from the Valk-Exchange a few times in order to support Kevin as well. in addition, i've had good experiences with HLJ, eBay (almost always), and here on MW - as well as a bunch of other smaller shops, like Toys-N-Joys and Collector Maniacs in Hawaii.

VEX - quality service, Kevin's the man, but I'm drawn more by his avatar like a moth to flame. Damn him and his tactics. :angry::p

F & S - instant gratification

Ordered for the first time from Twin Moons, as soon as I hit 'confirm' I got a reply with a shipping notice. Ok, maybe not that fast, but damn fast.

Got 'em online.  All of them from Hobby Link Japan so far.  Before getting the net, I simply had no access to any stores that sold them.  Now I can find some Yamato's in hobby stores in the city where I live.  However, the Yamato's I've seen in hobby shops or conventions are so outrageously expensive, its worth exchange, duty, shipping, and even the waiting to purchase them online.

Let me tell you that the net is 100X better than most walk-in anime/collectibles shops. I have one about 5 min from me and they overcharge like Imageanime.com does. :blink:

I can well imagine. I recall one store selling a 1/60 scale Yammie for nearly the same price I paid for my 1/48 Yammie (all additional charges included).

I'd be getting me loot at frank and sons. I only order online if I can't get it anywhere else. I've gotten some loot at valkyrie-exchange and I'm thinking about getting some at twin moons. :p:D:lol:

Got my first valks off of ebay waaay back when the VF-19, 21, 11B came out. Then I found VF1X.com and gave Jerry a bunch of my money. Then I found Kevin at Valkyrie-exchange.com and gave him lots of my money, then I found Tmpanime.com and am currently giving Tamim lots of my money... :p

So what has it been, 4 years and about 3500 bucks later, I am a happy macross collector.

Merrell

Much like a good chunk of the people here, I've purchased almost solely online from the usual suspects: BBTS, VE, E-Bay. I've been meanig to give TMP a chance, but the first two on my list usually fulfill my needs, so I haven't needed to look around.

Big Bad Toy Store is my place of choice if I'm buying stuff in addition to something Macross related. Great service, great packing, great shipping (especially since their warehouse is in WI, so their cheap-rate shipping is usually overnight for me :D ) and just all around great experiences everytime I've dealt with them.

If I'm going Macross-only, however, I feel obliged to go with Kevin at the Valkyrie Exchange. Not only is he a fan himself but he's got the worst customer service ethic (only if you're talking from a profitability standpoint, of course ;) ). He'll literally bend over backwards to make sure your happy. It's amazing he turns any profit after all the effort he goes through (including cannibalizing his stock so people can get pieces the manufacturer failed to include). Definitely a class act.

I used E-Bay couple of times when deals were sweet, but you have to watch yourself. As people have stated, it's difficult to return damaged stuff.

Bought them online and from other MacrossWorld members in the For Sale section of the board.

Online stores -

Blastotoys.com - great prices, great service, great guy

Valkyrie-exchange.com - same as above

Bigbadtoystore.com - good store, very reliable

hlj.com - the bomb, but the shipping/waiting is a bit weird and stressy

ebay.com - be careful, but keep your eyes open for some really killer deals