SW Ep. 3 Early Synopsis

Anubis

Shashdot linked an early Ep. 3 Synopsis yesterday, pieced together from confirmed stuff, slips of the toungue, and rumors backed by what's being used on the set. Interesting read. If it plays out anything like as it's written it looks like it may come out pretty sweet.

One in there kinda caught my eye: possible Yoda/Palpatine.

And more Samuel L. Jackson of course.

Dooku looks to die pretty quick, too :) .

Here's the Link

Edited by Anubis

Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.

Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.

Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.

Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.Must not read.

:huh:

Slashdot doesn't qualify as news. It doesn't even qualify as "National Enquirer" news. It's a bunch of computer geeks posting unverified information under the banner of "news." Kinda like what we do here in the toys section, but at least we've got an honest-to-god inside source :)

Now, watch George Lucas fall flat on his ass laughing as this info he probably leaked to keep the actual plotline of the film (for all we know, it's a remake of Hamlet :) ) secret gets taken as the last word on the storyline.

Edited by Pat Payne

But even with all that what will make or break this movie will be the acting.

Great. It's going to suck then.

Vostok 7

Well let's see....

E. McGregor can act.

N. Portman can act.

S. Jackson....is one bad mofo.

H. Christiansen.....acts like Keanu.

Now the question is "is the director actually going to let the actors ACT this time?"

I'm thinking, "What? Me give up creative power over MY vision/movie and let the actors do their job?! Hell NO!"

Ditto.

I have no doubt that McGregor, Jackson and Christiansen can act. The question really is will the director let them act. I hope someone is at least helping Lucas direct this one and he isn't at the helm by himself. Lucas may have things one way in his head but things thought up don't always look great on flim once you start directing things. TPM is a good example of this. Presentation is key. You think he'd understand this when ESB and ROTJ are the most popular of the Star Wars films. Two films where outside directors were brought in and others worked on the screenplays.

N. Portman can't act.

Fixed.

Whats the matter with you?!?!?! :angry:

Not in StarWars she can't but that's the directors fault. She's not too bad in her other flicks.

Its easy to blame the director.... she could at least try to better the mood of her character.... if she wasn't such as 2 dimensional actress.

And what film exactly? Don't give me the Professional or whatever the movie was called.... 1 movie does not make an actor good. <_<

You could say Hayden Christensen(sp) was a good actor after having watched Live as a House.... but that doesn't mean it was the directors fault he was such a little prick in Eps 2.

Edited by Abombz!!

Oh yes I can. I've worked on a few tv sets when I was in school (co-op. exp.) and we'd get some good actors that couldn't express their characters because the director keeps telling them they want the character to act like XXX XXX and XXX, but the character motivation is wrong.

Some decent movies she's been in:

Heat - Al Pacino Movie

Everyone Says I Love You - Musical - she plays the daughter of Alan Alda. Doesn't show up much though.

Beautiful Girls - dragged into the theatres for this one(guess why).

2000 - Golden Globe - Best Supporting Actress - Anywhere But Here (haven't seen this one...another must be dragged to watch movie afaic.)

You think he'd understand this when ESB and ROTJ are the most popular of the Star Wars films. Two films where outside directors were brought in and others worked on the screenplays.

Empire made the least money of any SW movie. And TPM the most. Before adjustment of inflation, but IIRC TPM put the most "butts in seats" (sold the most tickets)... at least if you don't count the Special Edition re-release.

In any case, Lucas is obviously motivated by other things than money. And if it's not money... and not pleasing the fanboys, what does that leave? All of the SW movies are hokey homage to 50's serial schlock. Go to watch lightsabers, space battles, and LFL special effects not the acting.

Heat - Al Pacino Movie

Everyone Says I Love You - Musical - she plays the daughter of Alan Alda. Doesn't show up much though.

Beautiful Girls - dragged into the theatres for this one(guess why).

2000 - Golden Globe - Best Supporting Actress - Anywhere But Here (haven't seen this one...another must be dragged to watch movie afaic.)

I can rule out 2 of those movies.... and you ruled out another 1.... still one movie. And besides..... other then Anywhere But Here (I have seen girls puke while watching that flick), she has yet to do a good job in a whole as big as Padme/Amidala.

It's not like slashdot wrote the article. They just linked it.

Natalie Portman can act, just Lucas mucked thing up there.

More Samuel L. Jackson throwing down is always a good thing, too.

Now the question is "is the director actually going to let the actors ACT this time?"

I'm thinking, "What? Me give up creative power over MY vision/movie and let the actors do their job?! Hell NO!"

I rest my case. <_<

Christiansen is a terrible actor, and the rest are brought down by his inability. It's like casting Paul Walker in Timeline. I mean, really, come on. It's just bound to suck then.

Vostok 7

I'm thinking, "What?  Me give up creative power over MY vision/movie and let the actors do their job?!  Hell NO!"

I rest my case. <_<

Christiansen is a terrible actor, and the rest are brought down by his inability. It's like casting Paul Walker in Timeline. I mean, really, come on. It's just bound to suck then.

Vostok 7

You know, everyone in the new sw movies, except the digital actors, have offered sub par performances, McGreggor to Christiansen.

Christiansen was exactly how Vader was supposed to be when he was young. I was like "ahhhh, of course he's impulsive and whiny! He's like Luke Skywalker!"

heheh...agreed! Hey folks, complaining about the acting? Let's see who could act in the orginal trilogy. OK...Alec Guinness, James Earl Jones' voice,....?,....?,...who else?! :unsure: But I do have to admit, Billy Dee Williams was one cool mofo. :D

you know this has to be a very good or a very bad movie if one of the mods looses his mind completely. Pray to lucas its good or better than the first one as in 3 or 4? the prequels mainia basicly killed my ability to count right.

Natalie Portman can act, just Lucas mucked thing up there.

Based on what? If bad acting was always the directors fault... there would be no such thing as bad actors. :rolleyes:

Even good actors can't act when given a shitty script. Hence Liam Neeson, among others, coming off like crap in Ep I (hell, and Ep II)

Sure... but you can't pull that excuse all the time. If the actor sucks.... he/she sucks period. No amount of good or bad directing is going to change that.

Not that I'm really interested in SW anymore (haven't been for 20 years now), but I've recently been hearing that SW Ep.3 is going to be the final SW movie made.

However, I'm sure years and years ago I remember hearing that Lucas planned for 9 movies, i.e. the 3 originals, the 3 prequels and 3 more movies set after the originals. Am I just dreaming this?

Graham

Your right. There were suppose to be 9 but then he cut it down to 3 which would have been the middle of the story and the one that he thought would be the most successful. Then he changed his mind about the prequel sometime in the mid 90s I think. Before that I believe he said he wouldn't do anymore. Now he says that these six will be it. I guess that's true until he changes his mind and decideds to make 7 to 9. I really wish he would cause it would then cancel out the EU novels. While I enjoy them, some of them are really good reads I'd much rather see them thrown to the waste side.

There was talk of 9 possible films up until they wrapped Empire. By that point, I think Lucas was beginning to feel burnt out, and the story was changed to the current 6 films. There isn't much information out there on what, if anything, was planned for the last 3 episodes but we do know that the story elements were truncated to fit into Return of the Jedi.

I loved Zahn's trilogy with Admiral Thrawn, but that's about it on the novel side. Couldn't get into a lot of the other ones. Dark Horse's Dark Empire was pretty good too and some of the Tales of the Jedi (Dark Lords of the Sith), as well as Crimson Empire (the first one only).

In Ep. 3 I would like to see some Royal Guards do something more than stand like Buckingham Palace guards.

And yes, Anakin was supposed to be a pain in the butt in Ep. 2. If that was bad wait and see the big ego he gets after he carves Dooku up.

Edited by Anubis

If they ever do make an episode 7, I hope there's no returning characters. A Macross Plus for Star Wars would work better than a sequel with fake representations of Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, Chewie, etc. The characters in the original trilogy, especially ANH, had an irreverent additude that is gone from the prequels. I don't want to see the old characters acting wooden.