Otaku slumber party

Seven

Ah, okay.  Yeah, I've met an American who does this kind of cosplay once.  I guess the idea is to not have any of your own skin exposed; hence, the gloves and mask.  It's kind of creepy looking even beyond the crossdressing part of it.

Have you guys seen the people that do cosplay??? This mask would probably be a favor to some of them... :lol:

I just hope you are kidding. 

TooOflate.courseIIalreadyamordered!!!it!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Have you guys seen the people that do cosplay??? This mask would probably be a favor to some of them...

Not all of them are bad. I can safely tell you that I have seen more good cosplay then bad. The bad ones seem to happen mostly in the US.... seriously. <_<

I would tend to agree.

But then, what do I know about cosplay <_<

*hopes Abombz gets the referance...*

Vostok 7

Have you guys seen the people that do cosplay??? This mask would probably be a favor to some of them...

Not all of them are bad. I can safely tell you that I have seen more good cosplay then bad. The bad ones seem to happen mostly in the US.... seriously. <_<

I would tend to agree.

But then, what do I know about cosplay <_<

*hopes Abombz gets the referance...*

Vostok 7

I did get the reference... and I'll pretend you didn't say anything. <_<

ooops, you're right... I forgot to put the words "some of" right before "people"!

Hey, I'm a cosplayer myself! There are as many good ones ibn the US as there are anywhere else. It's just that there seem to be, how can I put it?.....More ugly ones.

Hey, I'm a cosplayer myself! There are as many good ones ibn the US as there are anywhere else. It's just that there seem to be, how can I put it?.....More ugly ones.

Theres seems to be an unusual amount of hairy, fat gorillas that would rather dress up as a female characters then a male, in the US. <_<

Theres seems to be an unusual amount of hairy, fat gorillas that would rather dress up as a female characters then a male, in the US. <_<

Yeah... like two. :rolleyes:

Cosplay gets a bad name, and unrightly so in the U.S. It's not my thing and I don't do it, but some people make it out to be this horrible part of fandom filled with nothing but overweight people. Cosplay in itself is rather silly, but it doesn't deserve the scorn it receives.

Now now, the mods have already laid down the law.

NO MORE MAN FAYE THREADS!

So, let's get back on topic, and talk about the little yaoi boys and their fruity little slumber party. :rolleyes:

Yeah... like two. :rolleyes:

Cosplay gets a bad name, and unrightly so in the U.S. It's not my thing and I don't do it, but some people make it out to be this horrible part of fandom filled with nothing but overweight people. Cosplay in itself is rather silly, but it doesn't deserve the scorn it receives.

I don't have anything against cosplay... as long as cosplayers know their own body limitations. :rolleyes:

Ah, okay.  Yeah, I've met an American who does this kind of cosplay once.  I guess the idea is to not have any of your own skin exposed; hence, the gloves and mask.  It's kind of creepy looking even beyond the crossdressing part of it.

Have you guys seen the people that do cosplay??? This mask would probably be a favor to some of them... :lol:

I just hope you are kidding. 

TooOflate.courseIIalreadyamordered!!!it!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Your one sick puppy, I guess this all kinda relates to my avatar,,,,,Guess Im the sick PUPPY :p

I just wonder if that pic is for real.  I mean, one lonely guy like that seems normal but 6?  How can 6 dudes like that hook up and do that sort of crap together?

I'm guessing it was staged...

I kind of doubt otaku would throw big slumber parties, they most likely prefer private time with their pillows... :D

You'd be surprised what people and especially otaku would do.

I remember watching an MTV documentary on people with fetishes for big furry animal costumes. They called each other "furries" and it went as far as describing how "furries" have sex with each other. They would cut holes in the genital regions of their big furry goofy costumes and then do freaky crap with each other while in costume. Funny as hell watching Wally the Moose making it with Daffy Duck. The participants weren't always guy/girl either. Anyone else see this documentary? It was something like "True Life - Furries" or something like that. Anyways, this otaku slumber party seems tame in comparison.

Don't believe me? Check this link out (don't worry, it's clean, just a transcript of the MTV doc):

http://pressedfur.coolfreepages.com/press/sex2k/

They had an episode of CSI with those guys. Jacked up.

The sabrina stuff was at least well done. Strange, but well done. Better than some cosplaying I've seen. They at least put some effort in there. Only question is: are those actually girls under there? Guys would add another notch to the WTF :blink: meter. Wouldn't surprize me either.

Edited by Anubis

The sabrina stuff was at least well done. Strange, but well done. Better than some cosplaying I've seen. They at least put some effort in there. Only question is: are those actually girls under there? Guys would add another notch to the WTF :blink: meter. Wouldn't surprize me either.

I'm about 99% sure they're guys.

i wonder how long till someone replaces all the faces with mw members ,mostly admin and mods, :D and use the bridge bunnies, j-pop stars, and everything else on the pillows.

That would be funny as hell and quite an idea... :D

Although digging up pictures of the mods would be difficult. Not so hard with the guys that went to any of the MW Cons. *hint hint*

I first came across the "anime chara mask" thing when I visted the Winter Wonderfest this year. It was a bit odd at first, but in context with the rest of the cos-playing at the event it works. I'll admit outside of such events, yes, it probably is a bit strange, but I guess it just shows the total dedication Japanese cos-players put into this sort of thing.

And it wasn't half as surprising as the Japanese Harry Potter cosplayers... :p

You'd be surprised what people and especially otaku would do.

I remember watching an MTV documentary on people with fetishes for big furry animal costumes. They called each other "furries" and it went as far as describing how "furries" have sex with each other. They would cut holes in the genital regions of their big furry goofy costumes and then do freaky crap with each other while in costume. Funny as hell watching Wally the Moose making it with Daffy Duck. The participants weren't always guy/girl either. Anyone else see this documentary? It was something like "True Life - Furries" or something like that. Anyways, this otaku slumber party seems tame in comparison.

Don't believe me? Check this link out (don't worry, it's clean, just a transcript of the MTV doc):

http://pressedfur.coolfreepages.com/press/sex2k/

*enters Jerry MacGuire Mode*

"Oh...my...god"

:)

I dunno about you, but more than half of US cosplayers I've seen are overweight.

Some are more morbidly obese than others, and these tend to prefer to show off their vomit-inducing mid-riffs.

I dunno about you, but more than half of US cosplayers I've seen are overweight.

Some are more morbidly obese than others, and these tend to prefer to show off their vomit-inducing mid-riffs.

Seriously! Do they really need to dress up as the most skimply dressed character possible?!?!?

This thread is really starting to scare me, and I don't scare easily. :huh:

That "Sabrina" stuff was pretty f*cked up, and I won't even comment on the furries.

Actually, what's wrong with the "Sabrina" stuff? You see Micky, Goofy, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck walking all over Disneyland. It's the same thing. I don't see anything perverse or even remotely scary about the "Sabrina" stuff... the slumber party, yes! But the "Sabrina" stuff, definitely not.

Actually, what's wrong with the "Sabrina" stuff? You see Micky, Goofy, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck walking all over Disneyland. It's the same thing. I don't see anything perverse or even remotely scary about the "Sabrina" stuff... the slumber party, yes! But the "Sabrina" stuff, definitely not.

Getting paid to dress up to entertain children and putting on a body stocking so you can go out in public as a cartoon character of a different sex are two entirely different things.