Otaku slumber party

Seven

This thread is really starting to scare me, and I don't scare easily.  :huh:

That "Sabrina" stuff was pretty f*cked up, and I won't even comment on the furries.

Actually, what's wrong with the "Sabrina" stuff? You see Micky, Goofy, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck walking all over Disneyland. It's the same thing. I don't see anything perverse or even remotely scary about the "Sabrina" stuff... the slumber party, yes! But the "Sabrina" stuff, definitely not.

Apparently you did not watch the LIVE VIDEO FEED. :ph34r:

My take on this is that the Sabrina stuff is not entirely normal but also not entirely bizzare and could be just looked at as a sort of extended form of cosplay. Now, the furries stuff is scary because the appeal of the furry phenomenon is the sexual nature of it. I mean, they even have a special term to signify getting all aroused by seeing a person in a fuzzy cartoon animal costume which is to get "yiffy".

I don't think this Sabrina person is going out humping holes into anime statues at the local anime store, as ooposed to having an incredible obsession with cuteness. Which in itself to a much lower extent is already present in Japanese pop culture.

Seriously! Do they really need to dress up as the most skimply dressed character possible?!?!?

You're right, I forget the abundance of anime characters dressed head-to-toe without a piece of skin showing. <_<

Problem is, I can't even name the characters these lardass "cosplayers" are supposed to be cosplaying.

I think they are just using cosplay as an excuse to dress up in garbs they'd normally be laughed at if caught wearing them.

I don't even go to anime conventions anymore, just to avoid these eyesores.

I think that sabrina sh!t is freaky and that Otaku sasuage party is even more freaky however one should not label all cosplay bad, there is some good cosplay a surprising amount of it if you look bad such bigfoot like things as ManFaye and the ilk of that kind.

I myself have personally only cosplayed once as "the box from metal gear solid" at AX2k3 and while i hardly call myself serious or even a "cosplayer" or anything i had fun, why cause i did it cause it was funny.

i guess thats all the commenting i have to make on this topic.

yellowlightman Posted on Dec 11 2003, 02:58 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Bob_Coffee @ Dec 11 2003, 12:49 AM)

I myself have personally only cosplayed once as "the box from metal gear solid" at AX2k3 and while i hardly call myself serious or even a "cosplayer" or anything i had fun, why cause i did it cause it was funny. 

That was you?  I remember seeing you all over the dealers hall. 

yea, it was me. The whole idea was a little thing my friends and i thought up for AX2k3,we even did a mini-masqurade skit. unfortnuately we didnt win,but we did have the most innovational skit of the whole thing. its ashame i cannot find footage of said skit.:( and i lost most of the pictures i had of the box,in a format several months ago unfortunately. i wish i could find them again.

Which is worse, these guys, or serial cosplayers?

I don't know, but I do want to say this: I hereby solemnly give anyone in this thread permission to wack me with a two-by-four if I ever become like either of those two choices :)