IXTL

FINALLY! All videos are up. Check out the renewal post on anymoon or my youtube channel to view. Thanks!

Awesome collection of videos for the Super VF-27. Much appreciated!

Are you planning an review for the VF-171 Armor Parts?

Awesome collection of videos for the Super VF-27. Much appreciated!

Are you planning an review for the VF-171 Armor Parts?

Thanks! I will some day have the 171 Nightmare Plus Armor Parts on my site... I did buy them, but since I already have the EX Armor parts up they're very low on my priority list. In fact, you probably won't see them until next year... I might not even have them shipped to me until the YF-29 Isamu comes out.

Does amiami (and others who declare real value by default, like HS) declare a low value if we ask to them ?

[MY UNINTERESTING LIFE]

I saw after my order (on this forum) they don't declare a low value by default.

I ordered a first VF-27 at NinNin, 24000Â¥.

Then I ordered a second one at amiami, 18800Â¥, with the goal to resell one of them at something close to the NinNin price, to finally have only one at max 21000Â¥ shipping incl.

Moreover, the Yen as decreased since my pre-order at NinNin...

Result:

NinNin: 24000¥ + 2290¥ shipping = 26090¥ = 210€ (at the time of the pre-order, 198€ today...) = 280+$

AmiAmi: 18800¥ + 2290¥ shipping + 40€ tax = 202€ (which is more than NinNin with the same exchange rate) = 270+$

If I order today on NY: 19000¥ + 2290¥ + no tax = 162€ = 220-$

What a big fail (and not the first one)...

Fortunately, my VF-25F from HS (real value declared too) has arrived without tax. First valk over 9 which doesn't cost me more than the MSRP... When I think I just wanted a few great looking mechas, an old child dream... It's/I'm a bit crazy on this one...

And I hesitate to cancel my pre-order for a VF-25A on NY. If I cancel, it will be hard to find at the same price after the release date, and if I don't, it will be easy to find and the price will decrease on NY...

I'm quite sure it will be exactly like for the VF-27, easy to find at MSRP and even below after the release, but it's hard to cancel a pre-order without being sure I'll be able to get one after the release date...

[/MY UNINTERESTING LIFE]

Edited by pinkimo

Isn't 18000 only the same as being on sale for 10% off? That doesn't seem that steep but I guess compared to the feeding frenzy we saw on some other toys it's pretty surprising. That said, I was likewise underwhelmed, the renewal VF-25 toys had raised the bar pretty high.

Isn't 18000 only the same as being on sale for 10% off? That doesn't seem that steep but I guess compared to the feeding frenzy we saw on some other toys it's pretty surprising. That said, I was likewise underwhelmed, the renewal VF-25 toys had raised the bar pretty high.

It is steep to me when you consider NY was charging 24,000 yen for it.

Even cheaper at Amazon JP. 14,800 plus 500 shipping to Japan. Forwarding agent cost will be around 4,180. Total 19,480 via EMS. If you order two, then shipping will be better.

I am tempted with the VF-25A preorder over there as it's selling for 11,760 + 500 shipping.

I got a quote of at least 4580 yen from Tenso. Which agent are you using Valk-1S?

I use Tenso as well. I am guessing it should be around 4,180 based on the shipping weight shown on the Amazon website as 1.1kg and estimating the weight to be about 1.5kg. If it goes over then it will be 4,580. Really depends on how they pack the items. If you got a quote for 4,580 then this will be more accurate.

Glad I passed on this guy. From Jenius' review it looks like a real pain in the ass to deal with... and Dat Battroid mode is ugly as sin.

Haha.

If they do a true renewal I might check it out in the future, but probably not.

GE-49 = V1

GE-61 = V1.5

Is this correct?

Or does Renewal mean that it's a new mold?

Not clear on the terminology.

GE-xx is just the model's number. Each Bandai DX valk has its own GE-xx number. Like the renewal VF-25F, it's GE-54, 25S, GE-55 and so on. You'd want to see at GE numbers above 50 (based on own observation, may be wrong) to decide on your purchases as those are the newer versions of Bandai's DX valks. Anything below 50 is possibly a V1 DX.

If the valk has the "renewal" in its name, that's a renewal version. Renewals are usually new molds too barring the VF-27 I think which hasn't had much changes from the old VF-27 with the new reissued VF-27.

For those who are still waiting, AmiAmi just dropped its price to 16.920 yen.

Too bad that I already ordered one from Hobby Search for 18,000 JPY.

GE-xx is just the model's number. Each Bandai DX valk has its own GE-xx number. Like the renewal VF-25F, it's GE-54, 25S, GE-55 and so on. You'd want to see at GE numbers above 50 (based on own observation, may be wrong) to decide on your purchases as those are the newer versions of Bandai's DX valks. Anything below 50 is possibly a V1 DX.

If the valk has the "renewal" in its name, that's a renewal version. Renewals are usually new molds too barring the VF-27 I think which hasn't had much changes from the old VF-27 with the new reissued VF-27.

I see but does Renewals have a new GE number or does it have the same GE number with just the word Renewal put on the box?

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

I see but does Renewals have a new GE number or does it have the same GE number with just the word Renewal put on the box?

I say both new GE number and the word renewal version labeled on the box plus the front box art is different (white background).

Here are some other ones.

GE-53 =YF-29 Alto, GE-56=VF-171 Alto, GE-58=YF-29 30th, GE-59=VF-171 CF, GE-61=YF-27w/super

I know that they aren't renewals, I just listed whatever I could find in case people was wondering what the model numbers that are not renewals are.

Edited by wmkjr

it got a new GE number starting from 54 =VF-25f , 55 =VF25s , 57=VF25g 60=Rvf25

I say both new GE number and the word renewal version labeled on the box plus the front box art is different (white background).

Here are some other ones.

GE-53 =YF-29 Alto, GE-56=VF-171 Alto, GE-58=YF-29 30th, GE-59=VF-171 CF, GE-61=YF-27w/super

I know that they aren't renewals, I just listed whatever I could find in case people was wondering what the model numbers that are not renewals are.

I see.

Whats the color of the GE-58?

Edited by YF-29 Durandal