IXTL

You couldn't take any in Gerwalk/Fighter, could you? In my opinion this mold (the overall design, really) suffers in Battroid. I think it looks much stronger with that evil, Bird-of-Prey Gerwalk look and sleek Fighter mode.

Yep, pics of the other modes please. Grace's 27 would be killer, especially if it was given the full Renewal treatment.

Thank you everyone! The VF-27 is my favorite Valkyrie of the Macross Frontier series because of its lethal evil looking design. The "renewal" figure could have been better but none the less its still awesome looking.

Amazing pics as always. Must say that the purple parts looks good on the colour of the 27. Orrrr it could just be your awesome photog skills.

Any guide on how to take pics like that? Wanna learn but don't know where to start. :p

I am still learning photography as I go along. I am planning to work on a guide when I have some extra time. :)

You couldn't take any in Gerwalk/Fighter, could you? In my opinion this mold (the overall design, really) suffers in Battroid. I think it looks much stronger with that evil, Bird-of-Prey Gerwalk look and sleek Fighter mode.

I have some older photos of the VF-27, I am just not happy with them. I was going retake photos of Gerwalk/Fighter mode but didn't have enough time. :(

Yep, pics of the other modes please. Grace's 27 would be killer, especially if it was given the full Renewal treatment.

I would like to get a Grace 27 and also a low viz and yes Fighter and Gerwalk mode photos are on their way. :)

Those are amazing photos Saburo, I'd love to learn what setup you use too. Is it a lightbox?

Thanks! Yes, I am using a light box, but I try not to use much light. I know that sounds strange. When I have some extra time I'll write up a guide.

Darn darn darn darnie darn! All right! You've sold me. When the 30 and the RVF-171 are paid for, I'll look for a 27 gamma.

This is just my opinion, but the way I look at it:

All renewal VF-25s > VF-27 1.5 > VF-27 1.0 > VF-25s 1.0

Saburo does make the revised VF-27 Brera look really sharp... mad photo skilz there.

QFT

-b.

I love the colors on the VF-27γ much more than the green of the VF-27β but maybe I'm different!

Nope, the green one is quite drab.

they could sell a lot more vf-27's if it were a nice low viz grey instead of magenta. Heck, Luca woulda sold way more had his valk been a nice low viz grey with yellow nosecone like the elintseeker. Off color valks = meh....

it's really a shame cuz it's actually a pretty nice mold

It looks great as it is and we don't need a VE-27. :lol:

Great photography skills, Saburo! Now I want to have a VF-27 too. I know I told myself that I will just buy Red and Black stripe scheme. But if Bandai releases this variant... I might buy one. ;)

JVDS7rg_zps21378fe7.jpg

Yeah, I would pick up the white/purple scheme in an instant if it were an option. It's just so pretty. :)

*snip texts*

True. Or if ever, a black and purple scheme looks bad-ass too for the VF-27y. And keep the 'alien-looking' canopy too. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Great photography skills, Saburo! Now I want to have a VF-27 too. I know I told myself that I will just buy Red and Black stripe scheme. But if Bandai releases this variant... I might buy one. ;)

*snip*

Thanks no3ljm! I would get that color scheme too. :D

Mommar & Sildani here's a few more pics. :)

14567431614_c5b63c5bde_b.jpg

14567432474_a3485f191b_b.jpg

14569135215_075aa621f3_b.jpg

14589213733_0963e01676_b.jpg

Edited by Saburo

Thanks no3ljm! I would get that color scheme too. :D

*snip

I love this shot! It looks more bad-a$$ looking than Alto's Durandal. Makes me really want one now. Bandai please release Mei's custom color VF-27y and reissue Ozma's 25S and I will forgive you for the YF-30 Battroid support bracket. Hahaha! :lol:

Saburo, are you sure you don't put wax coat on your Frontier babies? They look so 'shiny'. So shiny it rivals Char's red mobile suits. Hehehe. ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

I also admire your work, Saburo. I know it may be getting repetitive, but your photographs keep improving and each new shoot is that much more impressive. Very admirable, and thank you for sharing!

Now, the question is do I save some money and pick up a real camera and a lightbox to start learning this myself or do I just pick up that cunning VF-27γ to pose with my Alto VF-25F since the tornado parts are coming soon? :D

Edited by technoblue

I really thing the renewal 27 got under rated and under received because of distractions around its improvement of the first issue . If you take that away and just look at the renewal 27 as a stand alone unit it is in my opinion a very attractive piece that will gather more and more respect and desire as time goes on. Demand has gone up slightly already. It went from 220 at release down to 160 early this year at NY. It has now climbed back up to 210 on NY. The lines are beautiful, the super parts are organic looking and together in any mode the 27 renewal has a very ominous look. This piece will go down as a great one in the future.

Hmm, I might need one of these. That Gerwalk does look pretty mean.

I agree, in gerwalk mode the VF-27's lethal bird-of-prey appearance is even more pronounced.

I love this shot! It looks more bad-a$$ looking than Alto's Durandal. Makes me really want one now. Bandai please release Mei's custom color VF-27y and reissue Ozma's 25S and I will forgive you for the YF-30 Battroid support bracket. Hahaha! :lol:

Saburo, are you sure you don't put wax coat on your Frontier babies? They look so 'shiny'. So shiny it rivals Char's red mobile suits. Hehehe. ^_^

Thanks, I was very pleased with that shot. I took a bunch of shots to get it to how I liked. haha no waxing, that just the natural shininess. :)

I also admire your work, Saburo. I know it may be getting repetitive, but your photographs keep improving and each new shoot is that much more impressive. Very admirable, and thank you for sharing!

Now, the question is do I save some money and pick up a real camera and a lightbox to start learning this myself or do I just pick up that cunning VF-27γ to pose with my Alto VF-25F since the tornado parts are coming soon? :D

Thank you technoblue! I am trying to keep my photos from getting boring, so as I learn more I try new techniques for the pictures, but I do keep the standard shots too. :)

That is a good question, either choice is good. You can make a DIY light box, and use the camera you have for now. I have seen some really nice shots just using a camera phone and a light box. From there you can decide if you want to take the plunge into the photography pool.

Edited by Saburo

Damn. That color looks so... luscious. Like if Ferrari made a Valkyrie.

Edited by Sildani

I really thing the renewal 27 got under rated and under received because of distractions around its improvement of the first issue . If you take that away and just look at the renewal 27 as a stand alone unit it is in my opinion a very attractive piece that will gather more and more respect and desire as time goes on. Demand has gone up slightly already. It went from 220 at release down to 160 early this year at NY. It has now climbed back up to 210 on NY. The lines are beautiful, the super parts are organic looking and together in any mode the 27 renewal has a very ominous look. This piece will go down as a great one in the future.

I disagree, I feel like Battroid resembles the V.1 25's still. It simply isn't proportioned the same or as well

This photo right here could convince me to buy one.

You sure? Battroid mode looks pretty bad remember? :)

I hope you get it, because it's a great piece.

If they had given the same outward arm articulation to the 27 they gave to the 25 I feel it would measure right up to a 25 renewal. I know I'm in the minority and the 27 renewal is the thing that's popular to throw mud at, but it has a lot going for it and its a great piece to me:

Yup, I would never put the 27 in Battroid. Don't forget it's not just the backstep with the shoulders. The crotch thrust/mechanism is still wrong. The Torso looks too long/squat at the same time. There's lots of things in Battroid that just don't come together correct, unfortunately. If you like it, that's cool. I've held off because I wasn't a huge fan and Battroid was really off-putting for me. If it's decreased in cost, I'd buy for Gerwalk because it looks positively wicked in that mode.

Sorry Saburo for the color change. But it really looks like a Ferrari Valk, doesn't it? ^_^

That's cool with me. :) Yes, it does have a Ferrari look to it. Funny you mention that, I played Forza a lot and I made skins for Lamborghini Aventador based on the Skull Squadron VF-25s. I was working on a skin for the Ferrari 599XX based on the VF-27, but I never finished it. :(

That's cool with me. :) Yes, it does have a Ferrari look to it. Funny you mention that, I played Forza a lot and I made skins for Lamborghini Aventador based on the Skull Squadron VF-25s. I was working on a skin for the Ferrari 599XX based on the VF-27, but I never finished it. :(

Nice. Can you show me a screen capture of the 599XX that you were working on? You got me curious. Hehehe. :)