Anyone know if they ever made 1/60 Super/strike parts?

nghia59

I know it sounds like a dumb question but for some reason I can't remember if they ever did make a separate set as I can't find anyone who lists it these days. Any help on either answering the question or helping me locate some would be greatly appreciated.

- Nghia

They were released a long time ago and you'll likely have a hard time finding some for a reasonable price.

For example, this place is selling it for almost $200

http://www.toysnjoys.com/macross_figuresyamato.html/

You'd be better off hoping for a re-issue of a valk that comes with super/strike parts which would probably be more likely than a stand alone re-release of the super/strike parts.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Man, that's a real bummer. :(

I hope they think about releasing them again for the 30th anniversary. I can't bring myself to pay more than $75 - $100 for something like armor. Releasing fastpacks and kits for 2 seaters for me are no brainers to me. Or hell maybe they should make kits of fastpacks.

- Nghia

That's just it, the fast packs weren't that expensive. I'm pretty sure I picked up a set for about $30 once, back when Yamato was still churning them out.

Aside from that one TV style set though, all the packs I've got came in bundles. Yamato needs to release them again badly, especially since they re-released the DYRL valks again. I picked up a DYRL cannon fodder, and I'm itching to customize some packs for it to match the movie.

I don't know why armor packs are so expensive, since its just plastic with no intrincated design and no movable parts mostly. u.u

I don't know why their just not included with the Valk's as a standard accessory, at least for me minus my VF-1D all my Valks would have fast-packs on.

I don't know why armor packs are so expensive, since its just plastic with no intrincated design and no movable parts mostly. u.u

They haven't been made in a long time and they won't be made in the future at all according to Yamato. As a seller of one right now, I'm super reluctant to let go of probably one of the last sets of TV super parts ever made, thus the price I listed. But as 505th can attest, I'm always open to cutting deals and negotiating with folks...

As far as I can see, folks have the following options regarding super/strike parts: buy at a premium or make an offer, commission someone to try reproducing the parts somehow, buy a bundled set and sell off the valk to mitigate the high cost those are going for, pray for a reissue, or sit and wait for someone on the forum to get a divorce or get fired/laid off from their job. It's not pretty, but no one ever said toy collecting was easy... lol

Do you guys think which one is more valuable, TV version or DYRL version? I came across a place where stil has a couple TV ones.

Depends upon what your collection needs... unless you're talking monetary value because you're planning on selling them, then that's all between you and whoever you're selling it to.

Personally, I like the color of the DYRL packs better, and I've got all the TV packs I could ever need. Plus, you know, the strike cannon is fun. ^_^

I can understand why people are reluctant to let them go at this point, it's just driving the collector's value far higher than the parts themselves could ever approach in terms of price. But, such is the life of collectors. I remember when bootlegs of the old Bandai 1/65 VF-19 were going for hundreds of dollars too. :lol:

Really, at this point, it boils down to Yamato just not wanting to make any more, which I find very hard to swallow. WIth all the DYRL re-releases recently, you'd think people would be flooding their inboxes with requests for strike packs. Makes me wonder if something happened to the original molds, or if they had to close down the production line that produced them. Seems weird that that would happen, and leave the VF-1 lines churning out new releases without a problem, but who knows.

If they're going to just ignore demand for them, I wouldn't think it'll be long before people start making their own, given how easy that's gotten recently.

If they're going to just ignore demand for them, I wouldn't think it'll be long before people start making their own, given how easy that's gotten recently.

This is really the wave of the future for collectors as far as I'm concerned... replicating the super/strike parts without the internals seems entirely doable and will probably be the likeliest scenario if Yamato sticks to their guns of no reissues. Hell, they just started trying to sell us valks that most of us have already just to get our hands on a few small pieces of plastic; they're just asking to get bootlegged after that. :)

Who says they won't be selling more in the future? As long as the line is alive there's a chance.

I'm as hopeful as anyone, but a while back on one of the threads (was it the 30th anniversary option parts announcement thread?), we all read a Yamato statement that they weren't going to be making them anymore. BUT, on the plus side, that doesn't mean they don't have a secret stash in a warehouse that would prevent them from selling more in the future.

Exactly. People have been going off of what Graham said some time ago, about them not currently considering reissues.

Doesn't mean they still aren't considering it.. but this was around the time the DYRL anniversary releases came out. I don't know how well those have sold in general, since many people probably wouldn't want to double dip just to get sidecovers and a seat for something they already have. Not selling well might mean they just don't see the benefit in another production run of packs.

VF-1 (re-)releases have been fairly non-stop, but the last packs to come out were only in bundles, and I'm not sure those actually sold that well, because I bought my Max and Kakizaki VF-1A DYRL bundles on heavy discount when HLJ had a sale, and I think the VF-1S TV bundle was similarly discounted.

Personally though, I'm actually still hoping that we'll see a new strike pack release, with an expanded marking sheet. The fact that they went to the trouble to release a DYRL CF makes me wonder if they're revising the stickers to include the other squadron markings you see in DYRL. I'd think it's completely possible that they intended to re-release the packs, but realized last minute that the markings for the DYRL CF aren't on the standard pack sticker sheet, and decided to pull the announcement until they make up new marking sets for them. Granted, that was a while ago, but I like to imagine the time has been spent designing a bigger sheet containing several new sets of squadron roundels for the boosters. :)

Different color themed or unpainted (for customizing) strike/super sets would be AWESOME for any re-release that takes place. The Cavalier is screaming for a stealth set...

That's why it would be great if they started rereleasing them as kits like the current unpainted sprued valks. That would be cheaper for them all around and would fill a market still in demand. And to add to that some VE-1 and VT-1 full armored kits would be awesome as well.

- Nghia

Edited by nghia59

yeah i really wish they reissued them. i was able to score 3 sets around the time they first came out (maybe a few months after) for around $25-30 each (sale!!) before shipping. Also a year to year and a half back (january 2011?) one store (hlj i think?) suddenly had a restock on them for a brief window and i managed to score two of those for about $40 each plus shipping. i should have bought like 4-5 at least. lol because since then, bingo luck finding these for anything reasonable. people have been forking over $200 for $30 msrp accessories. i can't see why yamato has been rereleasing all these dyrl and tv valks recently and hasn't issued another rerelease. i'd like a couple more at least.

Edited by Mechapilot77

They should make unpainted sets.

I know right? wouldn't that be so cool?

Ugh I'd love to see reissues of the fast packs. I remember 2 years ago I tried to buy some from toysnjoys.com and they told me they were going to be on backorder for 2 month or so from their supplier despite saying they had them in stock. I was royally pissed off and had to fight for a refund from them. It left my Max and Kakizaki sets at the time totally bare. So bare and upset I was, I ended up selling those figures to someone else cause I didn't see a point in not having a completed set.

If yamato stops making vf1 toys or accessories or reissues the only explanation would be a new version of the vf1 is in the works... I think we have a couple years... just my guess.

That'd be cool, but so very doubtful seeing how they're just progressing down the franchise line. They seem to be more interested in limited edition and variants than to just reissue old product from 6 years ago.....wait, has it actually been that long since the V2's became available?

• 3 weeks later...