ROBOTECH- VALKYRIE PROYECTO

It's 100% fan made, HG only was asked for permission.

Then you can't fault them for trying, definitely an excellent effort from a fan. Macross fans in North America or Japan are free to attempt the same thing, or top it :)

Edited by peter

Yeah, I wonder what the reasoning is to model it after the chunkie monkey? Maybe the yammies didn't circulate much down there when they started making this film?

I applaud the fan effort for sure and will like to see it, but come on guys, could you at least have used a yammie to make your valk model?

Makes no difference. We, the ever-critical and complaining MW community would complain even if the fan made project had REAL Valkyries and Regults in it... :lol:

Edited by myk

Wow, that's very impressive! I can't wait to see the full version. I know there are probably numerous nitpicks and minor details, but if it's entertaining and the action looks good, I'll enjoy it.

Sad that my Spanish is so rusty, but I was able to pick out a few lines here and there. It looks like they're putting an interesting spin on the RT storyline, in what would be a "prequel" chronologically, with the discovery of the alien power source and the intervening years developing the Veritechs. Sort of like Macross Zero, but more focused on the tech side of things (not to mention no bird-human).

The Zentraedi battle armor looks quite awesome as well - it's a good modernization of the original look, more HALO-ish. The Veritech renderings were much more obviously CG, but still seem to be higher quality than most SyFy originals.

It looks like they're putting an interesting spin on the RT storyline, in what would be a "prequel" chronologically, with the discovery of the alien power source and the intervening years developing the Veritechs. Sort of like Macross Zero, but more focused on the tech side of things (not to mention no bird-human).

AKA What Macross Zero should have been.

Wow, that's very impressive! I can't wait to see the full version. I know there are probably numerous nitpicks and minor details, but if it's entertaining and the action looks good, I'll enjoy it.

Sad that my Spanish is so rusty, but I was able to pick out a few lines here and there. It looks like they're putting an interesting spin on the RT storyline, in what would be a "prequel" chronologically, with the discovery of the alien power source and the intervening years developing the Veritechs. Sort of like Macross Zero, but more focused on the tech side of things (not to mention no bird-human).

Unfortunately, this short has no relation to what happened in Macross, is based on the chronology of robotech could say. so please have an open mind, many discovered Macross by Robotech, I'm one of them.

Is only Fan made guys.

Enjoy it as is! :D

AKA What Macross Zero should have been.

Whoa whoa! Why????

Is only Fan made guys.

Indeed, don't try to look about canon/not canon in this...

Edited by Gerli

Whoa whoa! Why????

Indeed, don't try to look about canon/not canon in this...

Macross Zero is an acquired taste; not too many people were fond of the mythical, spritual, seemingly acid-induced story and effects that 'Zero features. Personally I loved it. You had new variable fighters, destroids, ships, Fokker, and a girl with a nice tan that liked to get naked and sing songs; what's not to love...

Macross Zero is an acquired taste; not too many people were fond of the mythical, spritual, seemingly acid-induced story and effects that 'Zero features. Personally I loved it. You had new variable fighters, destroids, ships, Fokker, and a girl with a nice tan that liked to get naked and sing songs; what's not to love...

The bird-man and finale in general.

The bird-man and finale in general.

Exactly. I loved 'Zero, but I can easily see why many others did not...

Have you even seen Power Rangers? This is nothing like it.

So far it has as stupid the meta-physical crap as Zero, Eve versus... singing/floating rock nonsense. Even still, it's a better story in ten minutes then all of the crap in Zero.

The only real difference between this and shadow chronicles is that at least everything in SC was crappy CGI.

Why are you trying so hard to hate on something that's FAN MADE?

As a matter of fact I think I'll direct you to the readers digest version of what Exo told you in The Walking Dead thread. Don't like it? Leave.

Edited by Mommar

Low budget, fan made, they even put that disclaimer in the beginning. It's Robotech, not Macross, big difference.

Someone correct me if I am wrong here, but wasn't "Eve" the living computer from the "Robotech Movie" which was Megazone? If so, it would be a fan's attempt to connect everything in the Macek storyline.

Low budget, fan made, they even put that disclaimer in the beginning. It's Robotech, not Macross, big difference.

Someone correct me if I am wrong here, but wasn't "Eve" the living computer from the "Robotech Movie" which was Megazone? If so, it would be a fan's attempt to connect everything in the Macek storyline.

Yes, you're right. Eve in the RT universe was to be the A.I. of the SDF-01 and was to be the computer brain of Janice Em of the Sentinels who was Lynn Minmay's singing partner..