All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Oh I totally forgot about the new wolfenstein game, guess I'll wait for reviews and a price drop since I'm not that excited about it or doom 4. Watchdogs looks fun so I'll probably get that week of launch for PS3 (still haven't made the next gen jump :lol: ).

I heard infamous ps4 is good but shorter than the previous games.

Fine by me! Although I never got around to playing Infamous 2, I played the first one for a long time... and never finished it. At some point, I just decided that I'd had enough of it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

same, i got infamous from the sony free games program they gave for the psn outage a while ago. plaed it for a long time then got fatigue. i skipped the second one as well. i heard the ps4 version is better.

same, i got infamous from the sony free games program they gave for the psn outage a while ago. plaed it for a long time then got fatigue. i skipped the second one as well. i heard the ps4 version is better.

Well, it's on my list... In a few weeks, when I'm done unlocking everything in GBU...

Guest davidwhangchoi

Well, it's on my list... In a few weeks, when I'm done unlocking everything in GBU...

mike, i remember you got a ps4 (i remember after i offered you my friend's ps4 at launch, you found one yourself) did you pick up an x1 as well?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

mike, i remember you got a ps4 (i remember after i offered you my friend's ps4 at launch, you found one yourself) did you pick up an x1 as well?

Yep. In fact, I re-did my entertainment center. My TV stand has two drawers down the middle (controllers and cables go there), and a pair of shelves on either side of the drawers. The Sony consoles are on the left, the Microsoft ones on the right. Everything else is on a separate tower to the side.

So far, I've bought a lot more games for the PS4. It's a lot easier to set up splitscreen multiplayer on the PS4, and non-exclusives seem to run a bit better on the PS4. Microsoft always manages to have a few exclusives, though (the two games I have are Forza and Dead Rising, and a friend of mine is giving me his copy of Ryse when I see him next month). Plus, going forward I think I'd buy racing games for the Xbox One over the PS4, because of the One controller's better triggers.

Guest davidwhangchoi

MW gamers':

target has an amazing deal all this week only. triple the trade values on all videos games: i just traded in some junk games like shemue II, Star wars KOFTR for original xbox and alot of junk games and got 170 bucks in target gift cards.

details at CAG:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/330760-triple-game-trade-in-value-target-518-524/

Maybe it's just me, but for all the stuff that was said about Titanfall, the one thing nobody seems to bring up is how unbelievably hard it is. I only played for a few hours but it was brutal.

Maybe it's just me, but for all the stuff that was said about Titanfall, the one thing nobody seems to bring up is how unbelievably hard it is. I only played for a few hours but it was brutal.

If you're running around in the ground, you're doing it wrong.

It's COD with mechs. If you have twitch-reflexes, then that game caters to you.

If you're running around in the ground, you're doing it wrong.

Yeah, you can't be spending all your time on the ground. Run on a wall, on top of a roof, on jump onto or into a Titan. You'll do much better.

I've had a lot of fun with Titanfall, and I actually found the controls and movement paths to be very intuitive. It may just be that I'm so used to COD (used to play a LOT a few years ago). While games like BF4 are incredibly frustrating for me (since I'm new to Mouse/Keyboard), Titanfall's PC controller and aim assist support has been wonderful.

That said, I don't know about Xbox One, but Titanfall PC is basically dead as of late. It takes ages to get into a match! I've never seen such a large AAA game lose its player base so rapidly (I can understand why though, the game is starting to get old for me too, and I've yet to hit the level cap)

It's hard finding matches for campaign, but regular matches have been ok so far. I'm fairly good at CoD, but I find Titanfall to be much more difficult to master. it's way faster and more chaotic, It's hard to keep track of what's actually happening at any given time. Also, I'm finding mastering the parkor and using the titan to be pretty difficult.

I watched all of Assassin's Fist and I was extremely impressed, I loved the initial Street Fighter Legacy short as well. There was camp and cheese admittedly, and it was obvious with some of the effects they were definitely restricted by budget, but the sheer amount of detail is pretty amazing, from costumes to the actual moves and poses, it's all pretty obviously made by people that know and love the material. Lots of little nods and easter eggs for fans, and lots of little details explaining and paying homage to different tiny details within the series, like explanations for Ken and Ryu's trademark bounce while standing still, Gouken going over strategy within combat to Ken and Ryu while also explaining chip damage within the Street Fighter competitive scene, and seeing the costume transitions from Alpha to the main series. I'm impressed, the initial trailer hadn't filled me with hope, but this season was much more then I expected, if they could sell this season on Bluray, I'd buy it.

I'm impressed, the initial trailer hadn't filled me with hope, but this season was much more then I expected, if they could sell this season on Bluray, I'd buy it.

Apparently they will release it on DVD and Bluray later this year.

And I agree, this was really well done, much better than other attempts even "professional" attempts like that awful Chun-li movie.

I hope they can make a second season to continue with the story and include some of the other characters.

The Order 1886 looks like steampunk Mass Effect.

My first impression was Mass Effect as well, but that's a good thing for me. I love, love, love Mass Effect.

i hope it has a good story as ME

Hard for me to put anything on the same level as ME, but I do hope the story is compelling.

-b.

The Order 1886 looks like a prettier steampunk Gears of War to me, honestly, nothing special at all, I haven't seen a single thing that interested me yet, also, 24 frames per second? That's weird, everyone is complaining up a storm about resolution and FPS this console generation and this game comes a long with fairly low film level FPS, I know it saved on hardware power, and they were going or the movie feel throughout, but as far as being a game goes, I can't get excited.

Guest davidwhangchoi

remember guys... free to play ace combat comes out for PS3 this week.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Just a question, are there any threads dedicated to co-op games? I recently grabbed a copy of Splinter Cell Conviction for $1 and I can't find anyone to play co-op online, also, co-op games are awesome.

Which system did you get it on? I love that game.

Would it kill devs to just buy some low, medium, and high-end machines and test these games before they release? Or better yet, release a beta to the masses before they launch and test the crap out of it.

FYI, Nvidia released some new drivers over the holiday weekend which addresses Watchdogs. I have no idea if those fixed any problems, but I'm assuming "No".

Didn't Ubisoft say PC was the lead platform? It's ACIV all over again.

Interestingly, Watch Dogs sold more in 24 hours than any other Ubisoft game has in its lifetime. I'm sure this is the perfect excuse for them to maintain such poor PC coding.

Didn't Ubisoft say PC was the lead platform?

They might have. What I do recall them saying is that they more or less didn't care about making the game playable with lesser hardware, that they figured people who wanted to play it would upgrade. Seemed like, even then, they were making excuses for shoddy PC development.