The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Biggest beef I have with the toy is: where the hell do you store the small sword hilt in Star Sabre...er....Space Brikku mode when he's not wielding it?

From what I've seen it can be stored under the backpack in brick mode (small area for a peg by the butt plate and backpack), in robot mode there is no storage.

I think retarded is paying $135 for a $65 toy of a Diaclone that didn't even have a proper Transformers name until Takara decided to go for the Wheeljack repaint cash grab, but what do I know.

It is a silly price, but I think this is going to be one of those perfect storm situations where odd situations + supply and demand will create a true collectible.

Plus, a lot of people who are opening theirs are covering them in repro stickers. Which will make a clean version even harder to find.

No telling how much this will be worth in 5 years.

Edited by Gakken85

I think this head give better proportions

What head is that?

I went out today looking for Combiner Wars. It's frustrating that Wave 2 is supposed to be out and Wave 3 is imminent, but aside from a one week period where Walmart had the Wave 1 Deluxes (did they not restock after selling out?) and TRU having the two Megatrons last time I was there, Combiner Wars are (nearly) nowhere to be found. No sign of Wave 2, no sign of any of the Voyagers. Half of Walmart's pegs are Robots in Disguise, half are still Age of Extinction. Target is mostly Robots in Disguise, but they're practically choking on Whirl and Rhinox, and their Generations Deluxe pegs are all Rattrap. I did manage to find a solitary peg for Legion/Legend/whatever the little size is called now. It was almost all Huffer, but I managed to snag the sole Powerglide. It's pretty hilarious how this one tiny figure is light years better than the Ultra class from a few years back.

I feel your pain...availability of the Generations Classics toys is ridiculously sparse, while RiD and AoE toys choke the pegs/shelves. Usually Tankor is the token Keeper of the Generations Peg in my area. :lol:

However...the stars must have aligned for me last Friday, as I had some things to pick up at my nearby Wallyworld and whilst there I ventured habitually to the toys. Lo and behold, three pegs almost full of Combiner Wars deluxes, and I believe they had one copy of the green and purple Leader Megatron. So, I piciked up the three remaining Stunticon Deluxes that I needed. Favor continued to follow me as the new TFs weren't in the system yet and the cashier requested price check: $7. Now, I used to work for Walmart and I don't like theft or deceit, so I told the cashier that they were $14.96 and that they were underselling them. He just went with what his boss told him, so I paid $21 for 3 brand new Stunticons. Too bad they didn't have Motormaster. :(

But Luck was with me still, as my spousal unit needed something from the store and I offered to drive us to my old store (not the one I visited earlier), which I knew to be the best around in terms of stocking toys. So, straight to the TF aisle, I see Voyager Prime, and right behind him, one Motormaster. :D I've never owned a complete large combiner in the 30 years I've been collecting these things, and I've always liked Menasor. Now I have him, and while he's not perfect (the all purpose hands/feet suck as much as anything can), he's still pretty cool. I'm hoping Bruticus turns out at least as well, as he's my favorite combiner. Devastator is my second favorite, but judging from the Toyfair pics, the individual Constructicon bot modes took a serious backseat in the design process, and I'll likely only pick up Scavenger and Bonecrusher. Such wasted potential there for such an iconic character; I was hoping Has-Tak would shame the 3rd party guys with their version, but sadly not even close. <_<:(

I'd get the original over goldbug, but I guess it depends on if you care about the colors or not.

Saw this on another forum - thought you guys would dig it:

DSC_21252.NEF_zpsrdomilfe.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

I'd get the original over goldbug, but I guess it depends on if you care about the colors or not.

*snip*

No Movie Masterpieces? I'm disappointed. :D

My eyes came! But I don't see the Space Brick box.

I have all of those as well... Not so sure that's a good thing... :wacko:

I went to visit a buddy about 45 minutes away, and they have a Walmart out there so I figured I check along the way. Honestly, their Walmart is pretty beat. A lot of movie toys, a handful of Robots In Disguise, and all the Sky-byte and Roadbusters you could want. Absolutely no Combiner Wars, but I did find something that might be better... a Legends-class Swerve. I don't know how the Legends figures have been in your areas, but for the most part stores in my area had tons of Optimuses, Bumblees, and Starscreams. Occasionally a Megatron. I don't know if they just didn't sell or what, but you could go into most stores in my area as recently as a month or two ago and still find Legends Optimus. So, naturally, most stores never bothered with newer waves. My local Target, after finally ditching the remaining Optimi, started getting a few Combiner Wars Legends, as I mentioned. Around the holidays, I managed to find Tailgate and Gears at my local Walmart, but that was about it. But as a big fan of IDW's More Than Meets the Eye, Swerve was the one Legends-class figure I really wanted, so I was pretty stoked to find him.

They had Shrapnel/Skrapnel and Cosmos, too. I passed on Cosmos... he's bigger and more articulated than the original Legends CHUG Cosmos, but nothing was really screaming "buy me!" about him. I was going to pass on Shrapnel, too, since I was never able to get my hands on the Deluxe Kickback from awhile back, but something about him made me change my mind. Maybe because I had the G1 Insecticons as a kid, and Legends CHUG does a pretty good job of capturing that look? Now I gotta find me a Combiner Wars Bombshell, and pray they do a Legends-class Kickback...

Just as a kind of side note, you guys... between Tailgate, Swerve, Gears, Shrapnel, and Powerglide, I have to admit that the Legends-class Transformers that are coming out now are way better than the ones from a few years ago. They usually have ball-joints at the hips and shoulders plus decently bendy elbows and knees that give them a fair amount of articulation for a simple toy, transformations that are more complicated than their original G1 toys but simple enough to fiddle with at your desk, and an appearance that really captures their G1 cartoon appearance. My only gripe is that they don't come with weapons (like Powerglide), or their weapons suck because they're supposed to be some kind of tiny triple changer that looks terrible in at least two modes, has almost no articulation, is a decidedly-large thingy that doesn't look like a weapon in weapon mode, and usually has a terrible transformation. Seriously, Shrapnel comes with Reflector, and to transform him from robot to camera, you basically just knock him over.

I should have Exhaust tomorrow. I think I'm going MP only from here on out. Every singe Tak and Has mainline figure I have got in the last 3 years

has been a floppy mess. I'm over it. Saw the new leader megs today, but knowing the flop, I wasn't about to test it for 45$.

I picked up leader Megatron this weekend and other than the obvious shortcomings, no ankle tilt and spindly shoulders, I must admit I really like the toy. The g1 coloring doesn't make a ton of sense on a tank, but the robot mode looks great. I would recommend it, especially if you can get it at hasbrotoyshop for 20% off.

I agree that the color doesn't make sense as a tank, but I actually dig the look.

Well, I had to run a few errands this morning, and while I was out I hit two Targets and two Walmarts (basically, my neighborhood ones and the ones in the next town over). My local Walmart is a joke. They have no Transformers larger than a Deluxe except for the Robots in Disguise 3-Step Changers. They two other pegs of Robots in Disguise one-step changers, and no Combiner Wars. They have several pegs of AoE toys, and generic army guys taking the rest of the Transformers space.

Both Targets were a little better. They had some Generations Rattrap and Tankor in the Deluxes, plus Rhinox, Roabduster, and Whirl in the Voyagers, and a decent selection of Robots in Disguise. They also had some Combiner Wars Legends, but just Huffer and Blackjack.

The other Walmart had a large selection of Robots in Disguise and a single Alpha Bravo. I did find Legends Cosmos again, and this time I picked him up. Once again, I'm really impressed with the quality of these Legends-class figures. I mean, there has to be some perspective... they're obviously not MPs, but they're not that far off from the Deluxes anymore. Really, if they do Kickback, Brawn, and Seaspray like this I'll be pretty happy.

I agree about the Legends class figs; good little figs with decent transformation schemes, rather faithful G1 aesthetics, and articulation that's nearly on par with most deluxes.

Concerning Cosmos, I picked up the new Legends one, too, and he's a pretty cool little fig. I wasn't going to get him, since I have I-Gear's UFO, but I like the Legends class one enough to put him on my CHUG shelf. I love the new Insecticons, and hope that they'll make Kickback to round out the team. I don't follow the comics, although I'm aware that many of the CHUG figs are taking cues from IDW designs, so I passed on Swerve, and just Finally found Gears at a local family owned sporting goods and toy store here in Spokane. Neat little fig, although i wish the head was on a ball joint. Alas, just happy to have finally found him.

I agree about the Legends class figs; good little figs with decent transformation schemes, rather faithful G1 aesthetics, and articulation that's nearly on par with most deluxes.

Concerning Cosmos, I picked up the new Legends one, too, and he's a pretty cool little fig. I wasn't going to get him, since I have I-Gear's UFO, but I like the Legends class one enough to put him on my CHUG shelf. I love the new Insecticons, and hope that they'll make Kickback to round out the team. I don't follow the comics, although I'm aware that many of the CHUG figs are taking cues from IDW designs, so I passed on Swerve, and just Finally found Gears at a local family owned sporting goods and toy store here in Spokane. Neat little fig, although i wish the head was on a ball joint. Alas, just happy to have finally found him.

My advice, then, is to pick up a Tailgate and a Swerve while you can, then read More Than Meets the Eye. The other IDW ongoing (formerly Transformers: Robots in Disguise, now just The Transformers to avoid confusion with the new cartoon) is ok, but More Than Meets the Eye is probably my favorite piece of Transformers fiction since... well, probably ever.

I feel for it again, I picked up legends Powerglide, LOL his whole midsection just hangs there, with nothing to secure it. *face palm*

Opened Exhaust, my window was also not attached properly, fixed and he's a great figure for the collection!

Nice! I really like how you display the cards along with the bots.

I feel for it again, I picked up legends Powerglide, LOL his whole midsection just hangs there, with nothing to secure it. *face palm*

Opened Exhaust, my window was also not attached properly, fixed and he's a great figure for the collection!

6HfauS2.png

Your back window on exhaust is loose?

I gave up looking for Combiner Wars in my area (for now). Amazon had Silverbolt for $21.99, so I just ordered him there, and tossed Legends-class Bombshell in for the ride.

Bombshell is pretty sweet. His transformation is nearly identically to the G1 toy (the main difference is that you also rotate the Legends-class at the waist 180 degrees). Each insect leg can move independently... not a ton of posability with them, but you can move them out of the way in bot mode better than Shrapnel. The colors are spot on G1, and the Legends size for him is perfect compared to other Deluxes/Voyagers (as opposed to Shrapnel, who seems a little smaller). Literally my only complaint here is that he doesn't come with any kind of weapon... but I don't recall the G1 toy having one either. Oh yeah, and the cannons on his knees are 5mm pegs, and his fists look like gun barrels on the end. It seems like he should have a third weapon mode, like Powerglide, but there's nothing in the instructions. Playing around with him, I think I got a reasonable weapon mode (better than Powerglide's, honestly), save for the fact that there's no pegs to keep the arms/barrels in place.

As for Silverbolt... I like him more than I thought I would. Yeah, he's still a robot with a chunk of plane on his back in bot mode, and yeah, he's still a plane with a large chunk of robot on the bottom on plane mode, but the transformation is actually more involved and interesting than the previous Ultra Class. Even better, he's got lots of fold out panels and what not that actually makes him a pretty great torso, significantly better than Optimus... although I miss being able to peg some of limb's weapons into Prime's fists like shoulder-mounted guns. Then again, you can peg one of the guns onto the underside of the plane's nose, on Superion's back... then fold nose down, causing the gun to protrude up through Superion's legs. A juvenile part of me is amused.

A shame that Hasbro sent out that 20% off coupon for their online store, only for them to be sold out of Air Raid and the other four Stunticons I need. <_<