The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I would take an MP10 for MP04 any day of the week. The MP10 sculpt is far and away superior to the old MP01 sculpt and despite the lack of MP01's double jointed legs, the overall posability is superior thanks to better hips and smarter weight distribution.

When MP-10 was announced, I was skeptical. I loved MP-01, and I didn't think another MP Optimus was necessary.

Then I actually got MP-10. He's superior to MP-01 in almost every conceivable way. No die-cast? #*$@ die-cast! He looks 10 times better in alt mode, with better sides, side-view mirrors, less-noticeable gaps, and his grill doesn't stick out, with the top of the cap hanging weirdly out over even the grill. In bot mode, MP-10 has a better head sculpt, better proportions, a chest that isn't gaping off his abdomen, better stability, and better poseability. The result is that MP-01 looks like a guy wearing a cardboard Optimus Prime costume, MP-10 looks like Optimus Prime come to life.

Long story short, yeah, even though MP-04 looks like he's going for more on eBay, if someone offered even up to give me an MP-10 for an MP-04 I'd take the trade.

I missed the window to get MP-10 from TRU. I don't like the wheel covers, but the rest of the design is excellent. My MP-01 is still like new, and still a great figure.

I'm glad they're making triple changers for Generations/Universe/Classics again. I didn't get Classics Astrotrain or Tankor(Octane), as their alt modes suffered too much. Springer looks great across the board. IMHO, they did a good job of keeping the essence of the original while giving him a much needed update.

as David mentioned, Blitzwing takes some cues from Animated, but the execution is still far, far better than the Animated version, whose alt modes look like afterthoughts. I think this new Blitzwing's tank mode looks fine, and his jet mode does have a Legioss look to it. That doesn't deter me; I like the look of the Alpha. I think his alt modes suffer due to the attempt to keep the G1 color schemes for his alts. If they'd just gone with tan or a gunship gray for both modes with various colored accents, the overall look of the alts wouldn't be as bad. That tan contrasts badly with dark purple and gives the whole a blatant incongruency. The unpainted prototype probably looks better.

Glad to see Trailblazer finally getting the Classics treatment. I like the updated look.

I'm hoping for MP Prowl pics to surface soon. If MP Sideswipe is any indication, then I'm getting ready to have my dream toy.

I do like the sculpt of MP10 but I still prefer my MP1/Optimus 25th. The eyes, hands (stone cold salute), hydraulic musculature, and the little gimmicks win me over, though I like the size and articulation of MP10. MP20 Optimus v3 with best of both worlds? :D

My MP10 stays in truck while my MP1 stays Robot.

thanks for the insights guys! special thanks for the pics. those swayed me to sell my MP-04 since i'm a bit of a scale freak. i didn't realize until now that the MP-04 would tower over the other MP releases and stick out like a sore thumb (good looking thumb though). i've had the MP-04 for nearly 5 years but it has stayed in the box, probably because i was scared to scratch the painted diecast just by removing it from the box :rolleyes:

i'm not particularly hung up on diecast and if anything, the less diecast content in MP-10 will mean it gets taken out of the box immediately.

just a few more questions if i may:

- any difference between TRU and Takara MP-10? is it crazy to prefer Takara so that all my MP's have similar boxes?

- can't seem to find any price references for the clear trailer. what would be a fair price? i understand it was only available with the Optimus sleep mode, but I was able to get it separately at a weekend fair. can't remember what i paid for it though.

Takara%20Transformers%20Exclusive%20MP-0Takara%20Transformers%20Exclusive%20MP-0

- has there been similar clear trailers for the MP-10? i'm a sucker for clear version :D

Yeah i skipped Red Alert mostly because as far as Autobots go I have way too much red going on plus I used to say I am not the biggest fan of repaints yet (though not shown) I have 4 different paint variations of the original MP Seeker mold, and currently trying to get a newer MP SS so that arguement becomes invalid. I will be getting Red Alert soon.

I do like the sculpt of MP10 but I still prefer my MP1/Optimus 25th. The eyes, hands (stone cold salute), hydraulic musculature, and the little gimmicks win me over, though I like the size and articulation of MP10. MP20 Optimus v3 with best of both worlds? :D

My MP10 stays in truck while my MP1 stays Robot.

The Hasbro version fixes MP-10's eyes, and I actually dislike the hydraulics on MP-01. They're like glaring weak points that no animated or print version of G1 Prime even had (that I'm aware of), and the ones on the backs of his (too small) arms look awful in truck mode.

My masterpieces....mostly.

Great collection... but you do know that you can adjust Prime's smokestacks so that the bottoms don't stick out in bot mode, right?

any difference between TRU and Takara MP-10? is it crazy to prefer Takara so that all my MP's have similar boxes?

There are a few differences. Parts of the inside of the Takara trailer are painted silver, and the Takara Roller is silver while the Hasbro version is blue. The Hasbro version has the eyes painted a light blue, while I think the Takara version uses an unpainted translucent plastic that came off as sort of gray and dead. The Hasbro version also has some yellow paint on the lights above the windows, while the Takara version is left unpainted. Finally, Prime's head, legs, and hands, as well as the robot thingy in his trailer, are a lighter blue on the Hasbro version.

All other things being equal, I think the Hasbro version looks a little better. And they're probably not equal, since the Hasbro version is probably cheaper.

If anyone would like to see US MP Prime with the MP-10 Reprolabels set applied (I've not seen anyone else do this, and I'm certainly the only one who embossed the tread pattern back in) I posted pics at TFW:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/640130-2012-tru-exclusive-hasbro-masterpiece-optimus-prime-39.html#post8977378

You should buy the Optimus that goes with it... he's available on eBay right now somehow missing a trailer (what are the odds?)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Masterpiece-MP-4S-Convoy-Sleep-Mode-Optimus-Prime-/261163626363?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3cce90af7b

naughty. that's not gonna help with my space issue though. really trying to avoid having variants, except for Macross.

thanks again to all who provided answers to my questions

The Hasbro version fixes MP-10's eyes, and I actually dislike the hydraulics on MP-01. They're like glaring weak points that no animated or print version of G1 Prime even had (that I'm aware of), and the ones on the backs of his (too small) arms look awful in truck mode.Great collection...

The eyes on the Hasbro are definitely better than the Takara but suck compared to the MP1. I love that reflective/mirrored blue.

yo!

Voyager-class Blaster is up again on AMZN at US$22.99 :

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Generations-Voyager-Autobot-Blaster/dp/B00AMI5FPU/

Dunno what game amzn or their supplier is playing, but availability has been up and down since yesterday. The pricing never goes below US$22.99, tho. Friggin' bastards.

I've had no luck hunting him down from retail stores the last couple or so weeks already.

His cassette-minions (eject, rewind, ramhorn, sunder) are currently being scalped there, tho.

Good luck to those who want him.

edit:

oh, and FoC-Grimlock, too:

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Generations-Voyager-Grimlock-Figure/dp/B00AMI5FN2/

Edited by treatment

I made a pretty passable cover for the FoC Grimlock. Right now it's just cardboard mockup, but thinking I might do some resin, especially since I want to do some other projects with it, too. Anyways, still thinking about various folds and/or hinges, too but will probably spray it to get a better color match.

FoC Grimlock could really use some MP10 style leg covers, too for added detail in robot and to cover the robot legs in Alt mode. I'm more disappointed with the legs/tail than the gap, which is fairly easily covered in Alt mode anyway.

For the first time since, well, probably Xmas, I saw some new figs today (excluding the FoC Combaticons):

BH dlx Soundwave, voy Prime and Predaking. Predaking is a slightly pearlescent orange, which is nice. But so far the only BH figure I plan to buy is Sinnertwin. (maybe, maybe the big huge Predaking, but it will depend almost solely on his transformation complexity--from what I can see so far, it may be simpler than the Voyager version----Supreme Cheetor strikes again)

For the first time since, well, probably Xmas, I saw some new figs today (excluding the FoC Combaticons):BH dlx Soundwave, voy Prime and Predaking. Predaking is a slightly pearlescent orange, which is nice. But so far the only BH figure I plan to buy is Sinnertwin. (maybe, maybe the big huge Predaking, but it will depend almost solely on his transformation complexity--from what I can see so far, it may be simpler than the Voyager version----Supreme Cheetor strikes again)

I've seen a few Beast Hunters figures... I've just passed on them all. The only two announced that I have any interest in are Smokescreen and Shockwave, maybe Optimus.

Also today, I saw FoC Sideswipe and Ultra Magnus. I passed on both. I thought Jazz was pretty crappy, so I want nothing to do with Sideswipe. Ultra Magnus is pretty tempting, though. Despite having the same body, he manages to look pretty distinct, and I dig the head sculpt (although I can't figure out why they gave him red eyes).

What I didn't find was Grimlock, who was the only one I would have bought for sure. I also didn't see Starscream or Kickback, whom I may have considered buying.

Local TRU still has plenty of Thundercrackers, though.

Is TRU discounting/clearancing MP TC at all? I haven't been to mine since TC first showed up, but I passed due to the many "coloring issues" I have with it. (despite TC being my all-time fave TF---but that's why I have strong feelings on adding tattoos to him and making him the wrong shade of blue)

I will buy him only if I can get him cheap.

Is TRU discounting/clearancing MP TC at all? I haven't been to mine since TC first showed up, but I passed due to the many "coloring issues" I have with it. (despite TC being my all-time fave TF---but that's why I have strong feelings on adding tattoos to him and making him the wrong shade of blue)

I will buy him only if I can get him cheap.

Heck NO!

Been waiting for it to go lower than $75 without hunting some stupid TRU coupons since early Dec last year.

Afaik, it ain't been moving at all. The shelving for it should have some obvious and severe discoloration by now.

Yet TRU's still being such a douche for not discounting/clearancing it.

I'll prolly just give in and get TC one of these days, tho. ::sigh::

---

At any rate, read some rumor at tfw that Wally's will be stocking Grimmey and Blaster, and both will be at least $2 cheaper than TRU.

But all the Wally's near my area still do not have any TF nor TF aisle-section anymore when I visited today.

I'll try Tarjey tomorrow since got some errands, anyway.

Edited by treatment

Thundercracker never sat on shelves long enough to go on sale around here. the last one I ever saw had the cardboard part of his box ripped off and even that one sold at full price within 48hrs.

Edited by anime52k8

Why is that dude calling red Frennzy as Rumble?

and who the frakk is "Jaguar"?

:D :D :D

---

There was some funny shenanigans over at TFW-forum where someone had some sand in his panties and quite seriously repeatedly arguing Rumble is the correct name for Red coz of the comics and everybody else telling him Blue is TV canon and it doesn't really damn matter anyway.

Hilarious read over there.