The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I vaguely remember watching that episode as a kid, something about Skyfire having been former buddies with Starscream, and he was tricked into joining the Decepticons.

Strangely, I don't recall ever seeing Soundwave resurrecting Skyfire, and I certainly don't recall him using that mini-vac thingie. Obviously he did revive Skyfire with that mini-vac, but I just don't remember it.

No, the episode you're remembering is Fire in the Sky. That's the one where the Decepticons discover Skyfire buried in the ice from millions of years ago when he and Starscream were buddies. At the end of that episode, he sacrifices himself to stop the Decepticon's plans. The Autobots even have a memorial service.

Then, seriously two episodes later, in Fire on the Mountain, the Decepticons are up to no good in some South American jungle, and the Autobots need a ride. So they go dig Skyfire back up.

No explanation is given, that I recall, for why the Autobots can reach the Arctic but South America is a problem for them. Likewise, no explanation that I recall is given for why the Autobots were forced to leave him for dead but can now suddenly dig him up.

No, the episode you're remembering is Fire in the Sky. That's the one where the Decepticons discover Skyfire buried in the ice from millions of years ago when he and Starscream were buddies. At the end of that episode, he sacrifices himself to stop the Decepticon's plans. The Autobots even have a memorial service.

Then, seriously two episodes later, in Fire on the Mountain, the Decepticons are up to no good in some South American jungle, and the Autobots need a ride. So they go dig Skyfire back up.

No explanation is given, that I recall, for why the Autobots can reach the Arctic but South America is a problem for them. Likewise, no explanation that I recall is given for why the Autobots were forced to leave him for dead but can now suddenly dig him up.

I dunno, maybe Skyfire would drain their energon supplies too much, given his size, and they decided to leave him in "sleep mode" until they needed him. Won't be the first time the Autobots made a pragmatic decision. In FoC, they were literally milking Trypticon of energon.

BTW, thanks for clearing things up. So it was Fire in the Sky where Soundwave used that thing to revive Skyfire? I wonder why everyone else said it was Fire in the Mountain?

EDIT: I'm getting confused here. If the Decepticons found him in Fire in the Sky and the Autobots revived him in Fire in the Mountain, shouldn't it have been Fire in the Sky where Soundwave used that mini-vac?

Edited by GU-11

I'm pretty sure they assembled laserbeak and put him in robot mode before the paint was fully dry because there where spots round the backpack that where litterally stuck together. The odd thing is that the side that didn't break was the most stuck, with a whole chunk of red paint coming off the main body and going with the backpack piece. Personally I'm convinced I got some bad molding because the break is incredibly clean. There's no discoloration to the plastic or

Damn!A fellow member of the Aussie boards had a similar problem except it was the tail fin that snapped off.

I hope you can get a replacement soon. You could try to contact HLJ if you are a regular customer of theirs, they might be able to help you with a replacement piece. You might get charged a service fee and shipping tho, so I'm not sure it's worth it if BBTS can ultimately sort you out.

It looks like BBTS will take care of it and it's not going to cost me anything more to get a replacement. It just kind of sucks that I have to go through the trouble of repacking him, taking him to a UPS store and then waiting until they they can send me a new one.

EDIT: I'm getting confused here. If the Decepticons found him in Fire in the Sky and the Autobots revived him in Fire in the Mountain, shouldn't it have been Fire in the Sky where Soundwave used that mini-vac?

Soundwave didn't use the mini-vac to revive Skyfire. It was some sort of scanner or something (I can't remember exactly what he used it for). And he used it in Fire on the Mountain for... something.

Soundwave didn't use the mini-vac to revive Skyfire. It was some sort of scanner or something (I can't remember exactly what he used it for). And he used it in Fire on the Mountain for... something.

The way I heard it at Seibertron was that Soundwave used the mini-vac to revive Skyfire. Which is apparently not the case, since it's a scanner.

So basically Soundwave didn't use that thing in any way on Skyfire at all?

Of course not. Whoever was or were GU-11 hearing from in Seibertron was just simply mistaken to say Soundwave's scanner thingy was used to revive Skyfire.

At any rate, was at TRU yesterday and saw the new FOCs (Sideswipe and Ultra Maggie). As usual, TRU jacked up the price at either $16.49 or $16.79 each.

Really, TRU? :huh::angry:

Unfortunately, both the local Tarjey and Wally's don't seem to have any TFs anymore. :(

Edited by treatment

One week into owning MP Soundwave and i'm loving it. Can't wait to get the first cassette set (Cass-set?) later this month.

Is Soundwave the first official marsupial Transformer? His Beast Wars form shouldv'e been a Kangaroo.

I'm now considering finishing up my Soundboosters MP3 mod as an impetus to buy another SW and put a working MP3 in him. With that multiple cassette gimmick you could still have him accommodate one minion and still have a working mp3/MP13.

Edited by Alex

At any rate, was at TRU yesterday and saw the new FOCs (Sideswipe and Ultra Maggie). As usual, TRU jacked up the price at either $16.49 or $16.79 each.

Really, TRU? :huh::angry:

Unfortunately, both the local Tarjey and Wally's don't seem to have any TFs anymore. :(

Target is worse. They didn't have anything but Prime Bee and FoC Shockwave, but their prices for Deluxes is up over $17 here.

abominus_1360079120.jpg

While the G1 fan in me instantly said "must have!" after 30 secs of looking at it---I think he's got worse arms than FoC Bruticus. Look at Twinstrike/Sinnertwin---he doesn't transform at all, that's beast-mode hanging off the shoulder.

Hoping that this may be a show character, and we'll get deluxes etc that work better.

While the G1 fan in me instantly said "must have!" after 30 secs of looking at it---I think he's got worse arms than FoC Bruticus. Look at Twinstrike/Sinnertwin---he doesn't transform at all, that's beast-mode hanging off the shoulder.

Hoping that this may be a show character, and we'll get deluxes etc that work better.

I'd complain more, but they're only Cyberverse.

Between this and the third party thread, though, I'm starting to realize that I'm not a big fan of combiners that aren't Devastator, Bruticus, or Predaking.

personally, I think it's pretty cool for a combiner made from 5 legion size toys. Really, how much can you expect from a retail combiner made from five $5 toys. and I highly doubt a $25 prime combiner toy is going to effect the (already tiny) possibility of third party making a big, fancy G1 Abominus

Edited by anime52k8

True----it may actually be a good thing, by getting more people (and 3P companies) thinking about Abominus again. He's not an obscure combiner, but he's definitely not one of the "uber-famous" ones. (any season 3 non-movie character is pretty much automatically a "notch down" from anyone who showed up in season 1/2 or the movie, popularity/fame-wise---the cities and Predaking are exceptions due to sheer size)

I was planning on buying Twinstrike/Sinnertwin anyways, as I've had NO representations of the Terrorcons since G1----so I may buy his team-mates too. (I honestly expect/hope the mass-retail releases to look better, color-wise)

Franky---I'm much more tolerant of crap when it's cheap. :) BH Abominus is certainly no worse than FoC Bruticus, but far cheaper. (and they even got the colors right, or close)

Lastly, I do hold out hope that much like the Wreckers repaint of FoC Bruticus, this is the "alternate" configuration for them, and that the arms and legs can be swapped into their "proper" locations and look better for it.

Target is worse. They didn't have anything but Prime Bee and FoC Shockwave, but their prices for Deluxes is up over $17 here.

So, I just got home from Tarjey and they got some TFs back.

Mostly Beast Shenanigans crap. Lots of 'em, somehow.

There was a bunch of FoC-Prime again and a lone FoC-Brawl.

And the price for these FoC-dx?

US$18.59 each.

geezus...

Finally got mine, super happy though one of the tail wings on lazerbeak had a really tight joint and I was afraid that i would break it making it stand straight up. Great addition to my MP collection, now to get the elusive MP-11 SS.

I have no idea how that got so expensive. I mean, the updated MP-seeker mold is pretty awesome but not nearly $200+ awesome; not even with the coronation set. personally, I'm not interested in the coronation set enough for it to be a selling point and I feel like the $80 the TRU Thundercracker sold for is about what it's worth by itself.

Yeah I have the original MP thundercracker and unless they did a newer version of skywarp I don't want to get the newer version of that one, really just SS and honestly I don't know why I have two MP SS all ready but I do want that one for whatever reason. I'm using my tax return on it. Now i really want a new megs, he just fails pathetically in comparisson to everyone else now yet I still have him displayed for the sake of having a menacing megatron somewhere.

Local TRU finally out of Thundercrackers. :( I settled for FoC Grimlock which is pretty cool. Only major beef is that it really needs some folding panels to at least partially cover the gaping chasms in dino mode, but overall I like it.

Local TRU finally out of Thundercrackers. :( I settled for FoC Grimlock which is pretty cool. Only major beef is that it really needs some folding panels to at least partially cover the gaping chasms in dino mode, but overall I like it.

I had the exact opposite experience. I went looking for a FoC Grimlock (to replace the increasingly sub-par Classics Grimlock). Not on one of those, but they had at least five Thundercrackers. At this point, I'm almost waiting for a clearance before I buy one.

they're saying hasbro soundwave is shipping with all 5 cassettes... I'll be cancelling my takara pre-orders the second this is confirmed.

he'd better, I've already canceled my MP cassette orders at BBTS. Also, with Takara Soundwave having 1 cassette and Hasbro Soundwave having 5, I'll be able to have both soundwave completely full of tapes with no leftovers. :D

:edit:

btw, I'm not sure how I feel about stealth bomber megatron. I've been thinking for a while now that They really needed to do a new classics megatron based on his current IDW design. Looking at now though I'm not sure that I like it. An he's far too small as a deluxe.

still, MOTHER F'ING SPRINGER FTW!! And 2FT tall metroplex!

Edited by anime52k8