DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

the main screw is the one in the landing gear ....that take the bottom half off... there one behind the crotch piece ... but a lot of the other pieces are glue together

Thanks Lancalot,

So just to take apart the forward fuselage from the LERX - are there any glued parts there or is it all just screws? I want to get to the painting the stripes and sand down the inside surface of the LERX to reduce the chance of scraping the painted stripes. So the two LERX are tied together by that steel axle and do not apart separately? Could you take any photos of just the forward fuselage apart?

Thanks Lancalot,

So just to take apart the forward fuselage from the LERX - are there any glued parts there or is it all just screws? I want to get to the painting the stripes and sand down the inside surface of the LERX to reduce the chance of scraping the painted stripes. So the two LERX are tied together by that steel axle and do not apart separately? Could you take any photos of just the forward fuselage apart?

yeah i post pic for you

Wow! Thanks so much - that's exactly what I need. How did you get the two screws in the middle out? It looks like the white swing down piece wouldn't swing down far enough to allow a screwdriver in there.

What scheme are you going to paint your bird in the end?

Wow! Thanks so much - that's exactly what I need. How did you get the two screws in the middle out? It looks like the white swing down piece wouldn't swing down far enough to allow a screwdriver in there.

What scheme are you going to paint your bird in the end?

a thin screw driver fit in , you need a good one to unscrew it a little diagonally ... just remember which screw goes where ok...they are different from one another ...slightly different heads...

Planing to do a YF25 prophecy with nothung marking from macrossR... a bright orange fighter! lol :D

One thing that we all love about our Bandai's is hearing the soft crinkle of that plastic bag wrapped around the valk inside the styrofoam. At least I do, but I read somewhere that keeping Toys within plastic accelerates yellowing but if you put holes in the bag it reduces the acceleration. I noticed that Bandai does have holes in the bag and please understand, I know yellowing happens no matter what and don't want a yellowing dispute. We all agree though that there are accelerators of the process. My question is, do you feel safe leaving it in the plastic bag for storage or would you take it out?

As long as that bags aren't sealed it won't yellow.

That's why they always have a hole stamped in them.

With DX's the bags are either not sealed on the valk, or slip covered.

Either way, not a problem.

Yellowing from sealed bags is due to the gas release from the plastic being trapped.

The gas yellows the plastic. That's why even the mintiest of vintage Star Wars figures sealed

On the card go yellow.

As long as that bags aren't sealed it won't yellow.

That's why they always have a hole stamped in them.

With DX's the bags are either not sealed on the valk, or slip covered.

Either way, not a problem.

Yellowing from sealed bags is due to the gas release from the plastic being trapped.

The gas yellows the plastic. That's why even the mintiest of vintage Star Wars figures sealed

On the card go yellow.

Wow i didn't know that ... no wonder my v1 vf25f is all yellow when i put it away for a year ... :( lucky i got a tornado pack now to cover it up!~

Thanks Lancalot. I'm planning a YF-25 too, but I'm using the VF-25F. Still can't decide if I want an orange fighter though...

orange heaps better then the pastel blue in macross 30 ! :p

Wow i didn't know that ... no wonder my v1 vf25f is all yellow when i put it away for a year ... :( lucky i got a tornado pack now to cover it up!~

:lol: The v.1 VF-25F's yellowed one month after release, sealed or not! The worst thing is that they did it more in some places than in others.

Dang, that is pretty sharp!

Still waiting for my 25a to arrive from CDJ. It shipped a week ago this past Friday via airmail without tracking. Hope it gets here soon.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I got all three of my CFs and they are so worth it! Probably my second favorite 25 after Ozma. The light piping in the orange eye works so well and that greenish beige it's got going is ace as hell B))

Still waiting for my 25a to arrive from CDJ. It shipped a week ago this past Friday via airmail without tracking. Hope it gets here soon.

Chris

Bought my second one with CDJ, myself... their sale was hard to resist. It shipped SAL on the 25th, so it's been 15 days and counting, and nothing yet, but it could take upwards of two weeks for delivery so I'm expecting to get it this week; BTW, you'll like the 25A, it's a lovely bird.