DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Guest davidwhangchoi

Anyone tried ordering messiah renewals from HS previously using registered SAL? How much did it cost exactly? I just need to know an estimate cost for my pre-order thanks....

look back a few posts before yours by mechaniac on the same page you posted. he posts sal amount for hobby search.

It's quite amazing it's still up on HS at a price below MSRP, it's a big sign (or a confirmation) that it may be like for the VF-27 after the release date.

I have more faith in HS for service than I do with NY as of late.

Personally, I think I prefer NY (and NinNin) because of the more user friendly (an international friendly) website (you can enter a company name, 2 lines addresses, with all available characters), the full set of shipping options, the full automated process, the automatic low value declaration. Moreover for french people, we can pay on a french bank account without exchange fee (and of course speak to them in french).

And so far, the service is reliable (all orders are sent fastly, no pre-order cancelled). NinNin just forgot one time the company name on the address. But I don't know for the after-sale service.

HS is quite the full opposite regarding the website (not the reliability), you can't choose all available shipping options, you can't know the shipping cost when ordering, the website is not user friendly at all (1 address line which accepts only ASCII chars, very limited and not user friendly member area...), full value declared...

I am also tired of how NY packs stuff in to the smallest box they can find with only newspaper, which causes dings to the product boxes during shipping.

I see everywhere some complaints about NY (and NinNin) about their packing, which is true, I also always complain about them, but I've just received one parcel from HS and one from amiami, and it's not really better. Same box size as NY, just a bit more paper (but not enough) for HS, and no bubble wrap (and no blister...) and only a few pieces of paper for a VF-27 on AmiAmi (but it's perhaps specific to the VF-27).

Anyone tried ordering messiah renewals from HS previously using registered SAL? How much did it cost exactly? I just need to know an estimate cost for my pre-order thanks....

1990¥ for registered SAL to France for a VF-25F on HS.

Edited by pinkimo

I would love the VF-25F Armored Messiah. Need to pick the add-on parts up one day (I doubt they will be reissued). Especially if there are no Tornado Parts for the VF-25G :unsure:

Yea its really nice! I regret not buying them when they came out because i ended up paying $40 more than retail but still worth it. I still think the Ozma looks better armored up but the Alto is still badass. No we just need Tornados for both the F and the G.

Yea its really nice! I regret not buying them when they came out because i ended up paying $40 more than retail but still worth it. I still think the Ozma looks better armored up but the Alto is still badass. No we just need Tornados for both the F and the G.

Yep, same here exactly - although I never knew if I'd ever get a VF-25F at a reasonable price. Strange they reissued the Valks but not the accessories.

so i cancelled my order with CDJ and they refunded me the same amount (15,410 yen) i paid them (item cost+shipping).

however, i didn't get the full amount in my paypal balance, only 14,692 yen.

so it's either:

1) instead of refunding the original payment transaction, CDJ "paid" me the refund and so paypal charged me a transaction fee as they saw this refund as a completely new/different transaction from the original. can't really blame CDJ as i heard direct refunding is only possible within 60 days of the original transaction

2) or CDJ was able to do a direct refund but paypal decided to keep the fees from original transaction. supposedly this is one of their recent policy changes, based on what i've googled so far

i've lost 718 yen but saved 1820 yen by ordering at HS, so i'm still up. charge it to experience.

another thing i learned is that one can keep the refunded amount in the currency it was sent. hence, i now have a paypal balance in yen which i intend to use for other yen transactions to avoid further erosion because of paypal forex.

Yep, same here exactly - although I never knew if I'd ever get a VF-25F at a reasonable price. Strange they reissued the Valks but not the accessories.

That's part of the appeal of the "web exclusivity". They will never re-issue unless they bundle up like the Metal Build 00 Raiser.

I prefer the VF-25G Tornado Messiah over the F because I feel that Altos machine has to much gray where Michaels has nice blue wings and accents (I really dig that shade of blue).

The F just looks bland.

Hope they offer an add-on (if they release the set) for the G as well.

Reservations for the VF-25A have reopened at Hobby Search, and it's also telling that the VF-27 is still in stock.

Edit: I went ahead and canceled my full price 25A preorder with HLJ... no reason to pay full MSRP for it when all indications are that it will be available for quite some time after release, and at a discount, no less.

Edited by mechaninac

Reservations for the VF-25A have reopened at Hobby Search, and it's also telling that the VF-27 is still in stock.

Edit: I went ahead and canceled my full price 25A preorder with HLJ... no reason to pay full MSRP for it when all indications are that it will be available for quite some time after release, and at a discount, no less.

Same here i went with HS w/ SAL shipping to try and save as much as possible. This is not an essential valk for me so i can wait with the slow shipping.

I hate that the shops are limiting it to 1x per shop, I could see why if this was a popular hero valk but it's a CF. I have 3 on order and would have preferred to get 2x from one shop. I already payed off the CDJ one so I don't feel like messing with that one.

Anybody heard on when the Ozma 25s will be released? It's crazy how long this is taking :(

No news on the Ozma renewal rerelease yet; it does seem to be taking forever, but in reality, the 25F just came out not too long ago, and the 25A is still a few weeks away, so I wouldn't expect any news until the CF unit is released... heck, Bandai may even wait until after the YF-29 Isamu comes out before making any announcements.

I too have been waiting expectantly for a re-pop of the VF-25S; it's the last unit I need to make my MF collection complete, that and a VB-6 (Yamato's is such a mess). I do wish Bandai will make one improvement over the original release: mold the bottom wing glove halves in the proper plastic pigment like they did with the VF-25G and RVF-25... do not paint it to shade match after molding, as it never looks the same and introduces scratching hazard that should never even be an issue.

Edited by mechaninac

I do wish Bandai will make one improvement over the original release: mold the bottom wing glove halves in the proper plastic pigment like they did with the VF-25G and RVF-25... do not paint it to shade match after molding, as it never looks the same and introduces scratching hazard that should never even be an issue.

I agree 100%.

-Kyp