DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

holy crap, you already have a 4th?

.......I was actually contemplating if I needed a 4th.. haha :ph34r: :ph34r:

Yeah :0

I picked up 1 at 30000 yen earlier this year, my GF got another at retail, got the original window at NY for 150 and Otacute's 126 dollar VF-25.

Woulda liked another one for customs though :D

I have been thinking of cancelling 2 of 3 of my Alto's on pre-order. I already have 1 in Armor parts and really only wanted a second one for super parts. I thought I would get 1x more to display naked, but now that they announced the 25A I will have an example of a naked 25 valk on display. On the plus side I will save my wallet from the scalped rape-age. I had a buddy secure one for me from a local shop to him in Tokyo. If all works out right I will get that one and hopefully more will be available on release day that are priced lower than the ones I have on pre-order with NY. I could kick my self for playing The Last of Us for so long the other night when HLJ opened up again. :( Oh and I was not a 10%er at HF for pre-order allotment.

Edited by Loop

Well I'm jealous you get to play Last of Us! My ps3 is down so my steelbook copy is sitting unplayed for now. I loves me some Naughty Dog :(

Yes, I feel like Naughty Dog has really matured over the years. I Remember when they were all about games like crash bandicoot.

Does anyone know if there is a good chance that the main webshops will have VF-25F's on release day? I have been pre-ordering and forgetting about it and not really searching for these due to time and wanting sleep. I am still feeling that because Alto is a main hero character he may not enjoy the shelf time that the VF-171CF and RVF-25 have enjoyed. Maybe I should just keep 1x on pre-order and be happy to have one with Armor and another with Super Parts. Going nuts thinking about it :wacko:

Just a thought: NY used to be the online shop which managed to source DX valk and offered them at a higher but somewhat reasonable price (2000-3000 yen above MSRP). However, since the rerelease VF-25F, the price is not as friendly: VF-25F is 7000 yen more expensive and VF-27 is 5000 yen more.

In terms of business, it is all about demand and supply, so I am not judging anyone or anything. However, it does not surprise me that people are dumping preorders more easily. NY is not that "helpful shop that only charges a reasonable premium and saves my time", but now "the place I can preorder as a safety net in case all else fails".

Given the doubled markup though, I believe the preorder cancelling may not impact their business much.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Just a thought: NY used to be the online shop which managed to source DX valk and offered them at a higher but somewhat reasonable price (2000-3000 yen above MSRP). However, since the rerelease VF-25F, the price is not as friendly: VF-25F is 7000 yen more expensive and VF-27 is 5000 yen more.

In terms of business, it is all about demand and supply, so I am not judging anyone or anything. However, it does not surprise me that people are dumping preorders more easily. NY is not that "helpful shop that only charges a reasonable premium and saves my time", but now "the place I can preorder as a safety net in case all else fails".

Given the doubled markup though, I believe the preorder cancelling may not impact their business much.

100% agree. i would never condemn or defend a place that makes a killing off scalping, if they play the price gouging game to profit from high demand and low supply, it's fair game they lose out on mark-up pre-order cancellations when supply becomes ample.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Finally, my Skull Squadron completed

dscn8546.jpg

dscn8548.jpg

t cracker, mik-hail's head antenna is bent, is that normal? i haven't opened mines yet. all my stuff is boxed except the luca

The VF-25S and VF-25G contain soft PVC head lasers as well as a set of hard plastic ones. The PVC lasers can be bent but not as bad as the ones on the V1s.

The RVF-25 has only hard plastic lasers and the VF-25F only soft ones.

Edited by Scyla

Guest davidwhangchoi

The VF-25S and VF-25G contain soft PVC head lasers as well as a set of hard plastic ones. The PVC lasers can be bend but not as bad as the ones on the V1s.

The RVF-25 has only hard plastic lasers and the VF-25F only soft ones.

thanks!

Actually the VF25G's head antennea came straight. It is not bent out of the box. Due to the small form factor of my display cabinets, the antennea was pushed down and over a period of time, it became crooked.

No bigge as Scyla pointed out, there is a extra hard plastic antennea that comes with the 25G.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Actually the VF25G's head antennea came straight. It is not bent out of the box. Due to the small form factor of my display cabinets, the antennea was pushed down and over a period of time, it became crooked.

No bigge as Scyla pointed out, there is a extra hard plastic antennea that comes with the 25G.

thanks! you going to get the 25a? i think i just need the 25S + A and i'll be happy.

Guest davidwhangchoi

that makes 2 of us..! :p

haha, yeah

tcracker, what happened to your ozma crotch piece? you may need to get another 25S just to replace it.

thanks! you going to get the 25a? i think i just need the 25S + A and i'll be happy.

definitely! i will try to get 3 of the 25A to match up with my 3 Vf171 that I have. Plus, I am a sucker for cannon fodder schemes.

haha, yeah

tcracker, what happened to your ozma crotch piece? you may need to get another 25S just to replace it.

if you look at my sig, I am looking for the crotch piece. My MISB Ozma came missing with the crotch piece and the air intake covers. decided not to returned it as the VF25S is hard to come by. So I took the air intakes from my spare 25G and gave it to the 25S and took the crotch piece from the 25S super parts set and gave it to him at interim until I can source for a replacement.

But having another 25S would be great tho...

Edited by TCracker

Guest davidwhangchoi

definitely! i will try to get 3 of the 25A to match up with my 3 Vf171 that I have. Plus, I am a sucker for cannon fodder schemes.

if you look at my sig, I am looking for the crotch piece. My MISB Ozma came missing with the crotch piece and the air intake covers. decided not to returned it as the VF25S is hard to come by. So I took the air intakes from my spare 25G and gave it to the 25S and took the crotch piece from the 25S super parts set and gave it to him at interim until I can source for a replacement.

But having another 25S would be great tho...

i sold an armor set that came with an ozma crotch piece.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39220

maybe you can pm him to see if you buy the piece from him.

so.. does anybody have any idea when the VF-28A CF is going up yet?

Judging by previous releases, about 1 to 2 weeks from now ?

I don't know, first kawamori has to design a VF-28, then they have to put it in some form of animation, then after they do a series of releases in protagonist colors from said animation we may get lucky and see a CF version down the road. so yeah, probably by the end of the month/middle of next month. :p

Makes you wonder how the next generation of VFs would look like. Guess we find out in five years when they present the VF-35. :ph34r: Hopefully nor more 180° torso rotations between the LERXs and nosecones folding between the front landing gear doors.

Back to the VF-25. I can't wait to open the RVF-25 that is currently sitting at home. On a side note I think a new Macross show should have lots of female Valkyrie pilots so I don't have that nagging feeling in my head that something is wrong when I cuddle with my Valkyries (especially the RVF-25). ^_^