DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Definitely not touching NY with a 20foot gunpod.

Damn iPhone!!!! Grrrr!!!

Sorry to clutter it up!

I was trying to say ... HaHa!!

Edited by erikos0311

I hope that everyone stating they won't touch NY will keep their word. I intend to still get mine from there as they are the only online retailer I've dealt with that has never failed to fulfill a preorder and has always come through with a means to allow me to still obtain these items without any significant hassle. To me, these are more important than saving a few bucks.

Also, I don't understand why people keep calling NY a scalper. They're definitely not like those ebay guys that buy loads of stock just to corner the market and force high prices. NY obviously only obtains additional stock as they sell out on their site. And if you look at the prices for their initial stock, they're not marked up over retail. It's only for the succeeding stock that the prices start to increase. But how can anyone expect them not to mark up their prices when they're obtaining these additional stock from other retailers? I don't think they're getting the same discounts as when they're getting it from Bandai themselves, so in order to make a profit, they need to add a markup. Not only that, but they'll have to pay for the items being shipped to them from the different areas of Japan, which is another additional cost to getting these. Add to that the time and effort in finding these stock in the first place. And unlike scalpers, their price markups are probably not based on the rarity or demand of the item. It's more likely based on the cost to obtain it, plus their usual markup to make a profit from it. That's why people have noticed that sometimes the additional batches of stock remain at the same markup, or even go lower in price during the preorder period. That's not how scalpers behave.

For me, it's pretty obvious that NY spends money to ensure that they will have enough items to fulfill all the preorders made at their site. That's why I feel bad whenever people cancel their preorders with them at the last minute whenever they find a better price. It's like people backing out of a commitment. I'm sure you'd feel bad as well if someone asked you to get something for him, and then at the end, he'd tell you that he won't get it anymore since he just found it somewhere else cheaper. If people keep preordering from NY just as a safety net, and then cancel, I fear that NY might eventually feel it's not worth it to keep working towards making enough stock available for everyone and just act like all the other online retailers that only rely on Bandai to give them more stock and not do the extra effort that NY has been doing.

If I can get it at RRP at NY or a small mark up, I probably will still order from them. But if it goes above 15,000 Yen, then I might just wait for it to be released. Hopefully with what happened to the VF-171CF and RVF-25, NY will not mark up as high as they use to.

I hope that everyone stating they won't touch NY will keep their word. I intend to still get mine from there as they are the only online retailer I've dealt with that has never failed to fulfill a preorder and has always come through with a means to allow me to still obtain these items without any significant hassle. To me, these are more important than saving a few bucks.

Also, I don't understand why people keep calling NY a scalper. They're definitely not like those ebay guys that buy loads of stock just to corner the market and force high prices. NY obviously only obtains additional stock as they sell out on their site. And if you look at the prices for their initial stock, they're not marked up over retail. It's only for the succeeding stock that the prices start to increase. But how can anyone expect them not to mark up their prices when they're obtaining these additional stock from other retailers? I don't think they're getting the same discounts as when they're getting it from Bandai themselves, so in order to make a profit, they need to add a markup. Not only that, but they'll have to pay for the items being shipped to them from the different areas of Japan, which is another additional cost to getting these. Add to that the time and effort in finding these stock in the first place. And unlike scalpers, their price markups are probably not based on the rarity or demand of the item. It's more likely based on the cost to obtain it, plus their usual markup to make a profit from it. That's why people have noticed that sometimes the additional batches of stock remain at the same markup, or even go lower in price during the preorder period. That's not how scalpers behave.

For me, it's pretty obvious that NY spends money to ensure that they will have enough items to fulfill all the preorders made at their site. That's why I feel bad whenever people cancel their preorders with them at the last minute whenever they find a better price. It's like people backing out of a commitment. I'm sure you'd feel bad as well if someone asked you to get something for him, and then at the end, he'd tell you that he won't get it anymore since he just found it somewhere else cheaper. If people keep preordering from NY just as a safety net, and then cancel, I fear that NY might eventually feel it's not worth it to keep working towards making enough stock available for everyone and just act like all the other online retailers that only rely on Bandai to give them more stock and not do the extra effort that NY has been doing.

NY sells at above MSRP. Even now they are selling the vf-171cf at above MSRP when it is actually available elsewhere below MSRP. How many do you think they will sell? They also encourage scalping by allowing big order without any payment upfront. Where do you think all those ebay sellers get their stock from? They have nothing to lose since if they don't sell on eBay, they just don't follow through on their NY pre-order. It costs them nothing to list on eBay.

I am staying away from the pre-order madness. I had stayed up till 3 am for the past 3 pre-orders and got nothing to show for it. But happily I was able to pick up the RVF-25 and vf-171 at a later day and below MSRP. I will wait and pick up a vf-25a if the price is right. If not, I can live without it.

I hope that everyone stating they won't touch NY will keep their word. I intend to still get mine from there as they are the only online retailer I've dealt with that has never failed to fulfill a preorder and has always come through with a means to allow me to still obtain these items without any significant hassle. To me, these are more important than saving a few bucks.[snip]

So what you're saying is that we should pay higher than retail so that we can pay higher than retail? Right...tell you what, you keep doing that. I'll just buy from wherever that's kinder on my wallet since, you know it's a toy and kinda low on my priorities.

Edit: Btw I'm not hating on NY on the whole, I still have orders with them for the FPs that's reasonably priced. Like I said, I go where it's cheaper and legit.

Edited by raptormesh

@ArchieNov

My issues with Nippon-Yasan are not with prices. My reasons of ordering from them initially are similar to yours. It's the troubles I had after receiving items with QC issues.

I had a VF-4 that was missing a part. The fin below the cockpit.

They asked for pics and the barcode. All sent. The last reply on the subject from them stated, "Yamato's Out of Business. It's doubtful we can get this part for you."

I sent back a VF-171 CF with the QC issue of the right shoulder. According to tracking, it's been there since the 18th.of June

I've sent emails asking if it's been received and what the status is. Not one response.

Now they have my funds and VF-171 CF. I am starting to think it was a mistake to send it back and trust them.

If I don't trust them, why would I keep using their site. I would rather avoid the third strike.

I don't know about all the love/hate words posted about pre-orders ,but I think they are all part of the excitement and rush you get when you finally get one... or not. lol :wacko:

I think its all a big part of being a collector and keeps me on my toes..!

after all, they are just toys right???? lol

pumped...! :lol: :lol:

Thinking if I should spring for just 1 or 2... (definitely not 3 or more hahaha)
Also wondering if they will just announce the super parts come October when this comes out... what colour were those? Or did a CF colour super parts existed for the VF-25A?

Thinking if I should spring for just 1 or 2... (definitely not 3 or more hahaha)

Also wondering if they will just announce the super parts come October when this comes out... what colour were those? Or did a CF colour super parts existed for the VF-25A?

Yeah was wondering about the SPs for this one as well.

I'm tempted to just pick up a lot of 25G packs and just paint them grey. really easy to do IMHO. Also I could just polish off the tampo 04 off the SMS 04 thingies on the legs.

Then again that does nothing to solve the issue of the blue parts under the hip armors that need to be color corrected.. Oh well guess I'll wait for the release after all -_-

Edited by Duymon