1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

NY will NOT lower their price if the current price is different then what you were invoiced for. I ordered something from them and a day or 2 later the price was lower. I emailed them and asked if I would get it at the lowered price and they said no. The price changes were based on the value of the yen yadda, yadda.

Of course I didn't buy that. But anyway....

For me they will.

Hello and thank you for your message!

The price of this product was updated (from $339 to $324).

Customers who ordered with the old price will have automatically the new price when sending invoices.

Edited by UN Spacy

NY will NOT lower their price if the current price is different then what you were invoiced for. I ordered something from them and a day or 2 later the price was lower. I emailed them and asked if I would get it at the lowered price and they said no. The price changes were based on the value of the yen yadda, yadda.

Hi, one thing is that the price changes based on the value of the yen, but this time they lowered the Yen value to 25.500 to lower the HLJ price and win new preorders, I think that everybody that preordered whit NY must send an email asking for lowering the originals preorders too. I´m going to do that and I think that everybody must do it.

You have to e-mail or message then using their account system in order to get the new price.

I don't think it's an automatic price adjustment.

Cliffs: What tomac66 said.

Don't think you need to, unless you already paid:

This is on the listings page:

Choujikuu Yousai Macross - VF-4G Lightning III

Limited Edition Yamato Online Shop

Pre-order, available December 2012

Customers who ordered with the old price will have automatically the new price when sending invoices.

Customers who have already paid their preorder are requested to contact us by email.

Japanese Version!

New, Never Opened and box in EXCELLENT condition!

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I just emailed NY regarding the price drop; we'll see what they say.

One thing is for sure, it's very hard to decide which vendor will provide the better value in the end: In NY's favor is the fact that their current price is now cheaper than HLJ (with everything that's happening domestically and abroad today the price is guaranteed to rise in relation to the Dollar, and HLJ charges in Yen) before shipping, and since NY charges US custormer in Dollars, there is no Paypal exchange rate to worry about either; HLJ's advantage at this point is that they do a better job with packaging than it's been my experience with NY, they offer peerless customer support for the Macross items they sell -- including refund and exchange, and their shipping charges may be a bit lower... this is going to come down to the wire to see which preorder I keep.

Edit: Well, according to Dobber (thanks for putting my mind at ease BTW) I did not need to bother with contacting NY, but it's done and it can't hurt to be a bit of a pain in their 4$$...

Edited by mechaninac

you're better off. Iphone are way overpriced and not as good as droids.

Bett contact NY myself. I prepaid, but maybe they will refund the difference.

Edited by Busted VF1A

I plan on keeping both preorders open until at least mid November just to see how the prices will compare. I just checked HLJ's shipping cost for a Yamato 1/60 VF-22; they quote ¥2,880 ($37.13, currently) for EMS, and ¥2,980 ($38.42) for FedEX. NY's EMS shipping (their cheapest option to the USA) is $59.19. Assuming that shipping for the VF-4G will be comparable to the VF-22 (same box size and weight), and depending on the exchange rate prior to invoice time, HLJ may still be the least expensive choice.

I am going with HLJ over NY. HLJ has also charged reasonable shipping so I am expecting them to do the same for this time. $60.00 for EMS shipping to US is not reasonable in my book. I will still go with HLJ even if the total cost is higher for their excellent customer service. A little peace of mind is worth it for me, especially for a high price item like this.

I just checked my pre-order summary and it still says the old price even though their site says "Customers who ordered with the old price will have automatically the new price when sending invoices."

I've e-mailed them now about it and await their response. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, mine says that too. I wonder if they're waiting for the final invoices to go out to adjust the cost, or maybe that's just wishful thinking?

I have half a mind to change my order over to HLJ, if only because N-Y doesn't have a dropdown location for for Washington, DC, and I'd rather not have something this expensive get lost in the mail...

I contacted NY and they did change my price to reflect the current lower price.

I'm quoting myself to correct my earlier statement. Although they didn't correct the price the last time I asked, it seems that in case, they will.