Yamato 2199 Cosmo Zero confirmed in 1/72!!!! No release date yet though.

http://www.facebook....&type=3

Chris

Woohoo!! Love 72nd scale, but I guess it will be Bandai eh? Oh well, they did ok with their EX kits, just still rather "anime" looking.

If you mean the latest DVD/BluRay with 7,8,9,10 on it, it's already out. They are more story centered episodes. Not a lot of action, but still very good.

Chris

That's a pretty good brief summary for Volume 3. It was VERY enjoyable though. As a whole it looks like this series have plenty of SF stories and ideas in it, not just Star Wars whiz-bang, which is fine with me. (Original Yamato predates SW anyway, of course.)

The way I see this going, the episodes so far have demonstrated that there is little real love between the Second Class-Gamilas and the First class. Is it possible that the Yamato will end up in alliance with the Second Class Gamilas and take down the empire that way? Certainly a more realistic possibility than a single ship destroying the empire. With so many extra characters there are a *lot* of loose threads flying around on this show and I can't wait to see how they are tied up at the end. The Gamilas/Ancient Roman parallels are brilliant too, BTW.

Edited by taksraven

That's a pretty good brief summary for Volume 3. It was VERY enjoyable though. As a whole it looks like this series have plenty of SF stories and ideas in it, not just Star Wars whiz-bang, which is fine with me. (Original Yamato predates SW anyway, of course.)

The way I see this going, the episodes so far have demonstrated that there is little real love between the Second Class-Gamilas and the First class. Is it possible that the Yamato will end up in alliance with the Second Class Gamilas and take down the empire that way? Certainly a more realistic possibility than a single ship destroying the empire. With so many extra characters there are a *lot* of loose threads flying around on this show and I can't wait to see how they are tied up at the end. The Gamilas/Ancient Roman parallels are brilliant too, BTW.

Director Yutaka Izubuchi has described the tone difference between chapters 2 and 3 as 2 being "motion" and 3 being "stillness".

Chapter 3 still has a good degree of action but it would be difficult to keep the level of chapter 2. But rest assured. Chapter 4 will probably up the ante again with Domel and his forces coming into the scene. What i'm finding is that even the most slow character driven episodes have so much stuff going on that you don't really feel them as slow. I think boring won't be in this shows dictionary. :)

I'm OK with a character driven chapter; there hasn't been much of that up until now. And yes, let's bring on a 4th chapter with some hard times for the Yamato crew...

Just surfing on Amazon and found a North American release of the live action movie Yamato (the WWII battleship, not Uchuu Senkan Yamato)...how stupid are they to get the image of Yamato wrong?

91Nw9ACN8SL._AA1500_.jpg

uh... where did you find this? and are you sure this isnt just b*llsh*t photoshopping? LOL but yeah, i dont even think those are Zero's in the back ground... Amazon is not normally asociated with film viewing, to my knowledge :D

Edited by TehPW

uh... where did you find this? and are you sure this isnt just b*llsh*t photoshopping? LOL but yeah, i dont even think those are Zero's in the back ground... Amazon is not normally asociated with film viewing, to my knowledge :D/>/>
Yep, found it first on Amazon.ca, then I checked amazon.com and it was there as well:

http://www.amazon.co...s=pacific+battleship+yamato

So lame! It's basically the North American release of the live-action 2007 film:

51%2BvxyZeonL.jpg

http://www.amazon.co...&sr=1-2&keywords=yamat

Edited by peter

Just surfing on Amazon and found a North American release of the live action movie Yamato (the WWII battleship, not Uchuu Senkan Yamato)...how stupid are they to get the image of Yamato wrong?

The "Film Censor's Office" sticker on the bottom left corner suggests that it's the Irish release of the film.

Still... the cover is an absolute FAIL. "The Final Ocean Conquest".... WTF!?

The "Film Censor's Office" sticker on the bottom left corner suggests that it's the Irish release of the film.

Still... the cover is an absolute FAIL. "The Final Ocean Conquest".... WTF!?

I know. I'd expect this kind of failure in a cheap Chinese/HK knock-off/pirate DVD with some poorly translated subtitles, but not for an English-speaking country release. This is just brutal.

so I'm 6 episodes in.....and I have a stupid question:

where did they find the space to fit aircraft in that thing?? The rest of the stuff I can see fitting in there, but fighters too??

Probably the same engineering principles they used to fit a city into the Macross/SDF. Personally, I'm more amazed at how they got the women to fit into those uniforms, especially the lead nurse.

How are you enjoying the series? Isn't it mind-blowingly awesome?

Edited by myk

so I'm 6 episodes in.....and I have a stupid question:

where did they find the space to fit aircraft in that thing?? The rest of the stuff I can see fitting in there, but fighters too??

They do mention that the fighter bay is in zero-g and you do see fighers stored on all available spaces. There's a little bit of magic going on there, but I think it's plausible for 6 fighters to fit in there. Plus, the Cosmo Zero does fold up a bit, so each figher doesn't take up as much room.

so I'm 6 episodes in.....and I have a stupid question: where did they find the space to fit aircraft in that thing?? The rest of the stuff I can see fitting in there, but fighters too??

The Yamato is "dimensionally transcendental". LOL!!

check this out: http://www.ourstarbl...2013/index.html

DHJan2013_07.JPG

so 2 fighters per "platform" x 8 platforms per carousel x 2 carousels = 32 fighters

another 4 are probably in storage since there are supposed to be 36 Cosmo Falcons onboard. (or there are actually 9 platforms per carousel)

the 2x Cosmo Zero, 2x Scout, 2x Seagull are probably in an upper deck hangar with access to the topside catapults.

the Yamato is about the same length as a modern aircraft carrier at 333m (2199 version). Yamato's 42 craft is half the complement of a modern carrier (80-90, 60 of which are below deck in the internal hangar)

the 1/1000 model kit shows how the "Turret Ring" system fits:

10185348b6.jpg

Personally, I'm more amazed at how they got the women to fit into those uniforms, especially the lead nurse.

this, i agree with.

Probably the same engineering principles they used to fit a city into the Macross/SDF. Personally, I'm more amazed at how they got the women to fit into those uniforms, especially the lead nurse. How are you enjoying the series? Isn't it mind-blowingly awesome?

The uniforms are painted on. I think I saw a nipple during the first warp.

How come no one told me about this? Now it's sold out. :(

http://www.amiami.co...0%24pagecnt%3D1

What? I didn't know about it either. Thanks for the heads up now though. Ended up getting it here;

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NEOBK-1388324

Shipping is cheaper than Amazon.jp and had some points leftover from the Macross BluRay.

I like it so far definitely. Never saw the original, so taking it slowly is good. Only problem is, the site I was watching the series on only had the first 6 episodes :/

Ooohh, those other episodes are out there. I'm still praying for a stateside release...

All episode are online already, not to mention HD BDrips.

As for the fighter storage issue, the remake does make a good job of fitting them properly inside the ship. The original... man, so much could be said. The hangar was basically a huge room wich served as a "runway", with the fighters stored on pallets on the sides, they just opened the hatch and the fighter lauched from there. Never mind the fact the room was larger than the ship would allow, never mind the engine room is supposed to be occupying the space above that. XD Here everything is tucked nicely around the engine room, wich is sort of the axis for the elevator carroussels (they dont go around in a circular patern, mind you) and the hatch serves as catapult. My only contentions are:

1 - How are the fighter retrieved (guess they'll show us in future episodes)

2 - The rear "carroussel" is alined with the catapult hatch, making it impossible to rotate as the forward one. Either those are backup fighters and those are simply storage pallets or the "carroussel" can slide forward when the other is empty.

The Cosmo Zeros are stored in the upper deck. Still waiting for the retrieval system too. A detail that's been pointed out, you'll notice the rear main cannon's base is inside that hangar. Because bellow is the engine room, there is no place for the type-3 shell loading system, like in the forward ones. Notice that only the forward cannons have fired those shell?! That's why. :D

Cosmo Seaguls and T-100 Recon crafts are stored in another area. These are the other way around, we've seen how they are retreived but not launched, though i'm guessing the process is the same but reversed. Crane lifts them out and releases.

The Cosmo Falcons are probably collected the same way as there seems to be a hatch from the retrieval deck back to the hangar.

Take notice of this. The staff behind Yamato 2199 is taking this type of thing very seriously, in terms of what can actually be fit into the ship. Sure, this is anime sci-fi and a certain level of anime magic is allowed XD but that is the main mantra behind this remake. The increase in size to 333m wasn't random. They actually ran the figures of what it would take to fit such structures into the Yamato and the previous size was falling short. So they increased the ships size, within reasonable limits, of course. We couldn't have a 1000m long Yamato, that wouldn't be Yamato anymore. I'm willing to bet if we were to grab every room, corridor and deck shown so far, they would fit into place. Those rooms and corridors with slanted or round walls aren't designed like that by accident. :)

Edited by westfall

How come no one told me about this? Now it's sold out. :(

http://www.amiami.co...0%24pagecnt%3D1

I got the "book" directly from Yamato Crew site. It's a beautiful thing but...i'll put it this way, if you can spare the cash, by all means, buy it. If you're on a tight budget, wait 'till they publish a proper book, not a 28 page booklet. My review with a few pictures is here.

http://hp42.blogspot.pt/2012/10/yamato-2199-remechanics-art-booklet-got.html

I got the "book" directly from Yamato Crew site. It's a beautiful thing but...i'll put it this way, if you can spare the cash, by all means, buy it. If you're on a tight budget, wait 'till they publish a proper book, not a 28 page booklet. My review with a few pictures is here. http://hp42.blogspot.pt/2012/10/yamato-2199-remechanics-art-booklet-got.html

Thanks for posting a review. Heres' to hoping they publish a proper art book!

I got the "book" directly from Yamato Crew site. It's a beautiful thing but...i'll put it this way, if you can spare the cash, by all means, buy it. If you're on a tight budget, wait 'till they publish a proper book, not a 28 page booklet. My review with a few pictures is here.

http://hp42.blogspot...ooklet-got.html

Wow thanks for the heads up; no booklets for me...

Chapter 4 trailer coming tomorrow at 12AM, Japan time, little less than 18 hours to go. Guess i'll have to stay up late tonight. As if that's new to me XD

Chatper 4? I thought they were up to episode 7 or 8?