Still looking for info but found this neato page about her. http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/312-ijn-musashi/ A couple of sites mention it being found but all of them strictly in a discussion board, so my guess is that it has not been found yet.

Hey, thanks for posting! Some pretty cool images.

I have to agree with Keith, that thing is is just ugly.

I think it's bad ass looking, and a very nice update to the Yamato design. sure it's not as sexy as the Yamato 2520, but then again nothing is.

4.JPG

I think it's bad ass looking, and a very nice update to the Yamato design. sure it's not as sexy as the Yamato 2520, but then again nothing is.

4.JPG

The guns are on both sides like that? It's even worse then the other one. At least all the guns on that one could fire at targets in most directions.

4.JPG

Is that the Bandai 1/1500 kit? I kind of like it, how big is it?

Chris

The guns are on both sides like that? It's even worse then the other one. At least all the guns on that one could fire at targets in most directions.

you shut your mouth. <_<

Is that the Bandai 1/1500 kit? I kind of like it, how big is it?

Chris

yep, 1/1500. I've got no idea how big it is, I really need to pick one up myself one of these days.

haters.jpg

Nah, he just hates me and anything I post, haha! Probably still pissed at me from another thread.

The pic's from some artist from Deviantart, just someone's imagination that deserves to be trampled on, that's all. It's not official or anything, but I kind of like the design. I would never want to see it replace Uchu Senkan Yamato that we all know and love in the Yamato universe, but I don't find it unpleasing to look at.

you shut your mouth. <_</>

yep, 1/1500. I've got no idea how big it is, I really need to pick one up myself one of these days.

Just ordered it from HLJ, it's like less than $9!

Chris

Nah, he just hates me and anything I post, haha! Probably still pissed at me from another thread.

The pic's from some artist from Deviantart, just someone's imagination that deserves to be trampled on, that's all. It's not official or anything, but I kind of like the design. I would never want to see it replace Uchu Senkan Yamato that we all know and love in the Yamato universe, but I don't find it unpleasing to look at.

i love that image as a possible replacement vessel.(I mean the Fan imagine above. The 2520 yamato should only go boldy into the rectum of some evil dictator) I mean, how many ships in Star Trek have been named 'Enterprise'? If i have any critique, its the bridge. I swear im looking at EVA-02's head (though if i could look at side views or close ups, to imagine the internal layout/functionality i'd probably shut up and droll some more...) Edited by TehPW

I have that kit; built it well over 10 years ago. It is small but very nice (10.25", ~ 260 mm in length)... Syd Mead did a very nice job with the 2520 Yamato design. And I like the twin row of main guns top and bottom; it means the ship can fire full broadsides to port and starboard at the same time.

Edited by mechaninac

I love the 2520 Yamato precisely because it's designed by Syd Mead, who's my all time favorite concept artist. Sure 2520 was a crap, unfinished OVA; but the ship itself has beautiful, classic Syd Mead lines that I always love to see on stuff.

Never saw the OVA but heard most Yamato that came after Farwell was pretty bad...that is until 2199 which is simply AMAZING......but I also really liked the lines of the 2520 Yamato, plus can't beat that price either! :)

Chris

Never saw the OVA but heard most Yamato that came after Farwell was pretty bad...that is until 2199 which is simply AMAZING......but I also really liked the lines of the 2520 Yamato, plus can't beat that price either! :)

Chris

basically everything that was made by Nishizaki without Matsumoto's involvement was crap.

4.JPG

This interpretation is designed by none other than Syd Mead!!

This interpretation is designed by none other than Syd Mead!!

Correct, but it's hard to improve on the original design. (which is why it has been kept as the design for the 2199 series with *very little* tweaking......)

Was the anchor design that appeared on the side of some versions of the Yamato a Nishizaki rather than Matsumoto thing? Anybody know?

yamato_new.jpg

Unfortunately, the reverse was true as well - I deal with the trauma of Great Yamato bit by bit on a daily basis....

I'm a huge Matsumoto fan, love the Galaxy Express universe and all it's characters (despite the lack of any type of actual continuity), Harlock is a personal character favorite, even Interstella 5555 is a thing of beauty. But lately... he's gone mental! Matsumoto-sensei, back to basics, please. :)

Correct, but it's hard to improve on the original design. (which is why it has been kept as the design for the 2199 series with *very little* tweaking......)

Was the anchor design that appeared on the side of some versions of the Yamato a Nishizaki rather than Matsumoto thing? Anybody know?

The only way I'd improve the Yamato is replace the 3rd bridge with another shock cannon turret and add more AA guns to the side/bottom of the ship.

I'm pretty sure the anchor is a Nishizaki thing btw.

i love that image as a possible replacement vessel.(I mean the Fan imagine above. The 2520 yamato should only go boldy into the rectum of some evil dictator) I mean, how many ships in Star Trek have been named 'Enterprise'? If i have any critique, its the bridge. I swear im looking at EVA-02's head (though if i could look at side views or close ups, to imagine the internal layout/functionality i'd probably shut up and droll some more...)

That's true. M-21991 will eventually have to be refit replaced, just like the Enterprise. With that line of thinking, I think it could work very well. This could be two or three generations of ships later...maybe call it the M-21991-B, haha!

For those of us wanting Yamato models without a lot of funds to spend, some (all?) of the old inexpensive Yamato kits are available again. Some (including Yamato) as low as $2 in US fund (180 yen)

https://secure.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?GenreCode2=Sci&Word=Yamato&DisplayMode=images&Dis=2&Sort=std&qid=8U7A1BB762V7&z=GenreCode2&set=1&q=1&SeriesID2=1902