DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Well, I have decided I won't buy Ozma's with the current color issues. I suspect that will be the final color of paint they use, and that they won't go through the effort of mixing in a bit of "very light brown" to really make it match. I can HOPE they will, but I don't expect it. Will probably cancel my order and get an Alto instead. (and frankly, even if they DO make the paint match better, it's still the wrong color to start with to my eye--I think the lighter-grey plastic itself is too dark---the v1 looked better to me, why'd they change it? Ozma's valk is not a SUBTLE two-tone grey, it's a very obvious, high-contrast 2 shades of grey---but it's hard to tell it's two different shades in half the pics of the renewal version--and that's wrong. It should be obvious there's 2 shades even in dim, shadowed areas)

(I did think the kit had "too white" of a light grey area, but it at least got the "spirit" of the color scheme right, in being high-contrast and not subtle)

Well, I have decided I won't buy Ozma's with the current color issues. I suspect that will be the final color of paint they use, and that they won't go through the effort of mixing in a bit of "very light brown" to really make it match. I can HOPE they will, but I don't expect it. Will probably cancel my order and get an Alto instead. (and frankly, even if they DO make the paint match better, it's still the wrong color to start with to my eye--I think the lighter-grey plastic itself is too dark---the v1 looked better to me, why'd they change it? Ozma's valk is not a SUBTLE two-tone grey, it's a very obvious, high-contrast 2 shades of grey---but it's hard to tell it's two different shades in half the pics of the renewal version--and that's wrong. It should be obvious there's 2 shades even in dim, shadowed areas)

(I did think the kit had "too white" of a light grey area, but it at least got the "spirit" of the color scheme right, in being high-contrast and not subtle)

I dunno, I think the new pics that got posted pretty much prove that the cool blue tinting in the earlier pics was a camera aberration. The pics with the armored ozma look pretty good to me, a nice warm grey and the light/dark grey is pretty well differentiated.

If you decide to cancel your order, you should post here when you do so someone else has a chance at getting it.

Personally, I think it looks fantastic. But then, I'm the kind of guy that thinks red is red, blue is blue, etc.

Edited by pud333

I do feel that it's camera aberration. Yamato did a spectacular paint jobs on their V2 M&M, VT-1 and VF-1D, you basically can't tell from naked eyes on which is painted, and which is molded. The camera still pick up different shades of color though.

None of the samples/pics look to have the right degree of contrast to my eyes (even the very first all-painted-and-matching one), and the paint vs plastic difference is apparent in every "finished" pic. Also, been thinking a lot the last 48 hours---and I think I do prefer Alto's valk overall. Ozma's is just too rarely seen non-armored, and despite the overall "coolness" of the armor---I realized I like the boosters look better. So I think I'm going to go with Alto's.

And I do plan to post exactly when I cancel my order, just in case that does instantly open up a slot at HLJ for someone here to nab. (I'm not cancelling Ozma until I've got everything Alto sourced for sure---if worst comes to worst, I'll just wait for the inevitable Alto+booster bundle pack to be released)

Got a chance to mess around with my new vf-25. This is one sweet looking valk but I have a problem with the left foot not wanting to lock in to place :angry:. Anyone else having this problem with it just sliding up and down freely?

DSC00111.jpg

Definitely in for an armor buy, and hooray for reaction missiles. :D

Wait - so is it COMFIRMED that it will be a tamashii web special and NOT a bundle pack in the future? Can we get some more details here for the rest of us....less-informed folks with DEEP pockets and financially-minded people

They make announcements like: "Tamashii exclusive! Armored parts for VF-25S!" They nearly never add a sentence that says "These parts will never be avalable in bundle form, you have to buy them from Tamashii directly." So if you're really dying to have the armored parts you should probably go the exclusive route and risk kicking yourself for the extra dough you might have to plunk down if a bundle is ever sold.

Wait - so is it COMFIRMED that it will be a tamashii web special and NOT a bundle pack in the future? Can we get some more details here for the rest of us....less-informed folks with DEEP pockets and financially-minded people

So, the9breaker, are you updating your DX collection? What are you planning to do with your v.1s?

...So.....umm.....I don't seem to understand your reply there. <_<

Your original question asks for something you likely will never get. They aren't going to CONFIRM that there won't be a bundle. All they're going to do for now is confirm that the parts are going to be available via Tamashii's website.

Well - I kinda messed up my VF25S - And HELL NO. I ain't get rid of my V1s. I simply have ALL of the SMS there (including all 3 ghosts for the RVF25) - and I'm not waiting another eternity AND for more hobby funds for another Tornado Messiah Michael Custom.

I'm simply getting this one because I tried airbrushing the white lines on the armor parts of my vf25s but I didn't mask enough of it, or rather the mask didn't hold up to well and so I got like these not so straight, and not so bad white stripes on my armor parts - but THESE look like they already come painted and it seems all the details of the 1/100 model are in! Hell, otherwise I would simply save my money for the inevitable re-release of the Hot Toys 1/6 TDKR Batpod - which seems to me like $350 investment better spent rather than an update of something I already had. I was quite happy with it, I tried to "custom" look for it and make it look better, but I simply messed up a bit. (I should went the DECAL route, sigh, I didn't research enough)

I will post pics later - I also painted the holes of the intakes/exhaust in the leg missile parts so it doesn't look so plain anymore - will upload pics later - but I think I will convert the parts for my Alto custom Armored parts.

@Jenius - I rather get the Tamashii parts. Yes, might seem more pricey, but as you said - you never know. I rather take the safe route, otherwise I might as well include myself along the lines of those who are still praying for another re-issue of the YF29 Durandal. Also - to me it seems like it would hurt my plastic buddy to pay +$$280 all at once, as I expect the price of it to be. If a single VF25S retails for almost $160 minus shipping....well, I rather buy them in pieces at my expense. I simply don't have (yes, I do) the conscience to plunk THAT much all that once.

Pay for the VF25S from HLJ in late JAN. Pick up the Armored Parts in another couple of months if it IS indeed a Tamashii web-special later.

Just my philosophy.

Yeah, I'm going to be selling my V1 Ozma something soon.... <_< (insert sarcasm here).

5834504275_ea65868b3a_m.jpg

DSC02767 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

5685277798_359280fc03_m.jpg

Armored Messiah VF25S by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

5684664777_35172e1620_m.jpg

Tornado Messiah VF25G by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

just for kicks ^

Oh and here's my sloppy custom work :( (go easy, I'm not a professional modeler) it can be fixed, but I think the thinner, or whatever substance I use to get those white outlines out, is also going to affect the purple paint and that those sms white fonts. Unless I clean up the WHOLE thing and THEN go in with custom made decals (thank god, I graduated as Graphic Designer otherwise I would be f*cked trying to use Photoshop and Illustrator trying to make those decals. I probably will convert these parts for my v1 Alto. ;)

6406246955_a6173313bb_m.jpg

DSC03325 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

6406247477_fa337fc718.jpg

VF25 Messiah Collection by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

It really doesn't look THAT bad from far - but as you get close, you can tell an enthusiast with limited experience and amateur skills did it. :ph34r: I will probably post more pics on the "pose" thread. It still, in my opinion, doesn't take anything away from the that same great piece of work and outstanding figure I bought 3 years ago (right? 3 yrs now..)

I'm not going to sell my original Armored Ozma type for a while because I need it for my review to do comparisons and because the thing slowly fell apart on its own just due to its poor plastic.

Of course with ebay prices being what they are I could probably swing $200 for it despite the damage :v

poor plastic....cracked joints - man, what did you guys do to it!? :mellow: - I never ran into such things. I mean, I'm aware over the whole - stressing the shoulder hinges if transformed with the armor parts on (but who does that), but wow. Anyways - I always take at least 20 mins to carefully transform ALL of my figures - specially from Gerwalk to Battroid, I like to pre-setup my pose already ahead of time so I don't have to fidget around when the figure has the heavy parts on such as the Armored parts for Ozma, or the Tornado PLUS the Powered Set for Michael as those things really tend to STRESS the crap out of the poor shoulder back joints in the wing fuselage.

Anyways - with all those marking on the new V2 Armored parts, I'm afraid even MORE maintenance is going to be needed. It takes me even LONGER to transform the yf29 because of all the marking and tampo printing in both the head and front chest - it really sucks because the more involved transformations parts - get more scratched easily.

In conclusion, yes its nice that Bandai finally decked out the Armored parts with all the proper tampo printing, but its going to suck for those who like transforming the HELL out of them. (I'm not included, lol, I only transform like 5 times a year)

poor plastic....cracked joints - man, what did you guys do to it!? :mellow: - I never ran into such things. I mean, I'm aware over the whole - stressing the shoulder hinges if transformed with the armor parts on (but who does that), but wow. Anyways - I always take at least 20 mins to carefully transform ALL of my figures - specially from Gerwalk to Battroid, I like to pre-setup my pose already ahead of time so I don't have to fidget around when the figure has the heavy parts on such as the Armored parts for Ozma, or the Tornado PLUS the Powered Set for Michael as those things really tend to STRESS the crap out of the poor shoulder back joints in the wing fuselage.

Anyways - with all those marking on the new V2 Armored parts, I'm afraid even MORE maintenance is going to be needed. It takes me even LONGER to transform the yf29 because of all the marking and tampo printing in both the head and front chest - it really sucks because the more involved transformations parts - get more scratched easily.

In conclusion, yes its nice that Bandai finally decked out the Armored parts with all the proper tampo printing, but its going to suck for those who like transforming the HELL out of them. (I'm not included, lol, I only transform like 5 times a year)

I transformed it, put the armor on, posed it, stuck it on my shelf. Then it frakking fell apart... Because the toy was never designed for armor and the armor fundamentally breaks the transformation and causes key joints to be stressed in horrible ways. It's a giant steaming pile of poo and easily the worst toy I have ever owned.

So getting the new armored ozma. looks a ton better in battroid than the V1. Just waiting for it to go up on tokyohunter or similar i guess. btw anyone experienced with them here? I preordered the alto super pack from them, but for some reason it doesn't show shipping price yet? Is that normal?

poor plastic....cracked joints - man, what did you guys do to it!?

well i did a review of the set for http://www.collectiondx.com/review/robot_toy/vf_25s_armored_messiah_ozma_custom collectiondx when it came out. There's a video so you can see what I did with it if you want. I just set mine on the shelf like Eugimon did and it eventually started cracking. One of the nose wheel doors broke at the hinge because it's poorly designed and the plastic is bad.

hey that just mean it's weathered.

So getting the new armored ozma. looks a ton better in battroid than the V1. Just waiting for it to go up on tokyohunter or similar i guess. btw anyone experienced with them here? I preordered the alto super pack from them, but for some reason it doesn't show shipping price yet? Is that normal?

I too, pre-ordered since they announced day one, in both the forums and their websites. They are very reliable as they got me my last ghost and weapon set even after 1 and 1/2yrs after it was released at a very reasonable price. However, like anime export, they demand fullpayment upfront to reserve. So. Be ready to dig in as soon as you checkout your order.

@VF25SSS man, sorry to hear your fig, broke like that. Also, minor tampo scratch I can live with, but once. Stuff like the small sms and numbers go, it really rubs me the wrong way.

@Eugimon, likewise, although my valks are still in good conditions, I feel your pain. That's. Why I take a long time to transform, so as to not scratch the sensitive areas, not stress any joints, and plan ahead what pose I want in battroid mode, always leaving the armored and torando,and super parts back parts so as not stress any joints. Don't care how long it takes. Sorry for mispell, fomr phone.

I'm not going to sell my original Armored Ozma type for a while because I need it for my review to do comparisons and because the thing slowly fell apart on its own just due to its poor plastic.

Of course with ebay prices being what they are I could probably swing $200 for it despite the damage :v

This was my dilemma too but with my 1st baby on the way and the fact that the thing couldn't stand on its own (even though it originally did and was never touched in my display case), I threw up on eBay and pull in $350.

it doesn't matter how much time you take transforming the armored ozma, simply transforming it stresses the wing glove joints. It has nothing to do with how careful or not you are. The joint was never designed to accommodate the leg armor, and when you lock it into place, it forces it to sit in a position where it's under pressure.

Things like the gunpod mysteriously developing lateral cracks in non stressed areas, the front landing gear bay doors crumbling (which happened to both sides of my copy), the main back hinge cracking to the extent where there's now a 1mm gap between the remaining portions of the hinge... these aren't things that can be affected by proper care... this is due solely to the poor engineering and poor materials used on this toy.

The very fact that pegging on the arm armor fundamentally BREAKS the way the arm is designed to stow in fighter mode is all you need to know about the amount of thought, care and attention that went into the v.1 . I'm glad you like it, I'm thrilled for you, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a giant steaming pile of poo from start to finish.

Yeah I would call "pegging in" for what you do with the arm armor kind of generous. Something as simple as what the Renewal version does with a small unobtrusive slot in the arm seems so quaint when the last one was less elegant than the original Takatoku armor.

If my memory serves me correctly, the original V.1 releases (the alto and ozma) did not have any plug-ins for the armored parts right? (At least, I think I'm right, although I can't remember for sure).

Well, regardless, it really came off to me that the V.1 were never designed initially remembrance of the structural rigidity needed to equip armor or super packs, which really lead to the downfall of the V.1's in my opinion. Sure, someone can take a LOT of time to transform, take precautionary measures, etc. but even then, seems like nothing is working.

And beyond that, would you really ENJOY spending that much time and that much care just to keep your product kicking? I don't even treat my Yamato's with that much care, and they keep up fine. I don't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't like it :(

If my memory serves me correctly, the original V.1 releases (the alto and ozma) did not have any plug-ins for the armored parts right? (At least, I think I'm right, although I can't remember for sure).

Well, regardless, it really came off to me that the V.1 were never designed initially remembrance of the structural rigidity needed to equip armor or super packs, which really lead to the downfall of the V.1's in my opinion. Sure, someone can take a LOT of time to transform, take precautionary measures, etc. but even then, seems like nothing is working.

And beyond that, would you really ENJOY spending that much time and that much care just to keep your product kicking? I don't even treat my Yamato's with that much care, and they keep up fine. I don't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't like it :(

yes, this is correct. The armored Ozma had new holes drilled into the back plate as well as new hip guns that had holes for the hip armor.

Like I said, it was never designed with the armor in mind.

edit: also, it comes with braces to hold up its own fat ass in GERWALK. How do you design a toy where one of the three modes is so busted from the get go that the only way to fix it is to offer a bunch of plastic slabs to prop everything up?

And let's not even get into how fantastically over engineered the leg armor is... and how you have to *take apart* part of the leg to even get the stupid things on. :angry:

Edited by eugimon

edit: also, it comes with braces to hold up its own fat ass in GERWALK. How do you design a toy where one of the three modes is so busted from the get go that the only way to fix it is to offer a bunch of plastic slabs to prop everything up?

When I opened the armored set, I would've laughed in derision at those bracers had I not been so irritated. Almost seemed like a joke.