STAR WARS Merchandise Episode - 2

59 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Nice Falcon @vlenhoff.  I still wish I had kept all of my Star Wars figures and vehicles and sold off my unwanted Transformers instead.

Those Kubrick figures in the Falcon look properly sized, lol. I have yet to finish weathering Rey's speeder and the falcon. I must say, even though i have populated the Falcon, it looks way better from the outside.

I gave my original collection to less fortunate kids back in the day. Years later I got an Action fleet Tie fighter, and... well... I have sort of a vehicle addiction now. Funny thing, it is my transformers addiction that has taken a back seat for years now. 

Edited by vlenhoff

The only Action Fleet vehicle I have left is an X-Wing.

I’m hoping that there’s a preorder for a Black Series Mandalorian in Beskar Armor on 5/1 and then more Black Series preorders on 5/4.

Edited by sh9000

If Hasbro and Disney were smarter, they should have had the following figures ready to be revealed for today:

* Ahsoka Tano - Siege of Mandalore version;

* Maul

* 501st Clone Trooper - Ahsoka paint scheme

* Jesse - ARC trooper version

* Gar Saxon - Maul-Mando version

* Bo Katan

Doesn’t surprise me, but that’s just how it’s been.

1 hour ago, Mog said:

If Hasbro and Disney were smarter, they should have had the following figures ready to be revealed for today:

* Maul

* Bo Katan

Agreed, I’m also surprised Sideshow/Hot Toys hasn’t made any Clone Wars figures and that they are rereleasing Cody bit haven’t made Rex??

Chris

17 hours ago, Dobber said:

Agreed, I’m also surprised Sideshow/Hot Toys hasn’t made any Clone Wars figures and that they are rereleasing Cody bit haven’t made Rex??

Chris

I saw a link today about Hot Toys season 7 Rex and Ahsoka. See if I can find it again.

19 hours ago, Mog said:

* Maul

* Bo Katan

I'd buy all of those at once, especially Jesse, 501st Clone Trooper Ahsoka paint version and Gar Saxon.

Am I the only one desperate for someone like Bandai to do highly detailed vehicles? And don't mean their models, I mean toys that are on par with their Metal Build, Composite and Chogokin lines.

The Hot Wheels Elite series kinda came close but were pretty meh. I really just want a kick ass Millennium Falcon, X-Wing, Ghost and other iconic ships from the universe to be made into high-end toys.

Action Figures are cool for sure, but damn...gimmie some ships already.

-b.

46 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Am I the only one desperate for someone like Bandai to do highly detailed vehicles? And don't mean their models, I mean toys that are on par with their Metal Build, Composite and Chogokin lines.

The Hot Wheels Elite series kinda came close but were pretty meh. I really just want a kick ass Millennium Falcon, X-Wing, Ghost and other iconic ships from the universe to be made into high-end toys.

-b.

I’m with you. Most of the ships are sadly overlooked. Even in model form. With all the talk of expanding the fan base, good or bad, spaceships are predominately a male interest. Character figures have a more broad appeal (male/female) so are seen as more marketable. I’m not saying this as if it’s an attack on guys (if anyone reads it that way) just an objective and theoretical look at why this may be. We do see that kind of marketing in other franchises, but those franchises also seem to be more.....secure....in accepting what they are. Meaning that take the stance “we are what we are and if you like it too then great join in” but they aren’t chasing after you to bring you to them.  So they make products that will appeal to what is likely a mostly male fan base. Star Wars on the other hand seems to be taking the opposite approach by trying to make itself something for everyone. So the liscenced products have to appeal to more then just boys and men. Just my opinion.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I think the other issue is that Hasbro has shifted its emphasis to the 6-inch lines, trying to force that to be the collectors’ line.

They already had trouble making in-scale vehicles at the old 3.75” scale, and those vehicles unfortunately had a tendency to go on sale or clearance a lot.

So, I can only imagine how much more cost prohibitive it is to sell vehicles at the 6-inch scale.

But again, I think Hasbro has been repeatedly dropping the ball for the past decade or so.

2 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

-b.

As much as a part of me would like this, please don't give them any ideas.

I can only deal with so much Bandai exclusive pre-order hell.  Let me relish the easy availability of the kits on Amazon. :p 

Edited by Chronocidal

3 hours ago, Dobber said:

I’m with you. Most of the ships are sadly overlooked. Even in model form. With all the talk of expanding the fan base, good or bad, spaceships are predominately a male interest. Character figures have a more broad appeal (male/female) so are seen as more marketable. I’m not saying this as if it’s an attack on guys (if anyone reads it that way) just an objective and theoretical look at why this may be. We do see that kind of marketing in other franchises, but those franchises also seem to be more.....secure....in accepting what they are. Meaning that take the stance “we are what we are and if you like it too then great join in” but they aren’t chasing after you to bring you to them.  So they make products that will appeal to what is likely a mostly male fan base. Star Wars on the other hand seems to be taking the opposite approach by trying to make itself something for everyone. So the liscenced products have to appeal to more then just boys and men. Just my opinion.

Chris

Interesting perspective, I don't really pay much attention to the merchandising for any property I like outside of the things I want to buy.

Meaning most blockbusters these days come with all sorts of items marketed for boys, girls, teens to young adults. I look for the things made for "high-end" collectors, Star Wars absolutely has the brand power to cater to all segments. But ships have always been under-served outside of those for the figures. Which leads us to this;

2 hours ago, Mog said:

I think the other issue is that Hasbro has shifted its emphasis to the 6-inch lines, trying to force that to be the collectors’ line.

They already had trouble making in-scale vehicles at the old 3.75” scale, and those vehicles unfortunately had a tendency to go on sale or clearance a lot.

So, I can only imagine how much more cost prohibitive it is to sell vehicles at the 6-inch scale.

But again, I think Hasbro has been repeatedly dropping the ball for the past decade or so.

And I should have been clear, I'm not looking for ships made to scale with any of the action figures, an X-Wing the size of a 1/60th scaled Valkyrie in Fighter would put me on cloud nine. 

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

As much as a part of me would like this, please don't give them any ideas.

I can only deal with so much Bandai exclusive pre-order hell.  Let me relish the easy availability of the kits on Amazon. :p 

Ha ha ha ha ha - fair! But some of us (me) aren't talented model builders. Plus toys lend themselves to being handled, even if I could manage a decent model build, I wouldn't be inclined to handle it like I would a toy.

Until then I'll keep watching this thread hoping for an announcement. :D

-b.

1 hour ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Ha ha ha ha ha - fair! But some of us (me) aren't talented model builders. Plus toys lend themselves to being handled, even if I could manage a decent model build, I wouldn't be inclined to handle it like I would a toy.

So, in all honesty, while some of the kits have fragile bits, I can't say they don't lend themselves well to being handled relatively gently.  The 1/72 X-Wings are pretty hearty, and snap together like LEGO bricks, with enough stickers to make them pretty presentable.  They still look best with paint and weathering, but I find myself zooming them about at least as often as my assorted valks.

Can't argue with wanting some better toys though, and I would love to see someone make a renewed Action Fleet.  While Bandai would do a beautiful job, I don't want to deal with the import mess, or Bandai's obnoxious supply and demand manipulation. I want something I can pick up from a local walmart or target, like I was able to do with the recent Tie fighter and earlier figure-scaled vehicles.

I really just want star wars vehicle toys to stop sucking. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

So, in all honesty, while some of the kits have fragile bits, I can't say they don't lend themselves well to being handled relatively gently.  The 1/72 X-Wings are pretty hearty, and snap together like LEGO bricks, with enough stickers to make them pretty presentable.  They still look best with paint and weathering, but I find myself zooming them about at least as often as my assorted valks.

Can't argue with wanting some better toys though, and I would love to see someone make a renewed Action Fleet.  While Bandai would do a beautiful job, I don't want to deal with the import mess, or Bandai's obnoxious supply and demand manipulation. I want something I can pick up from a local walmart or target, like I was able to do with the recent Tie fighter and earlier figure-scaled vehicles.

Hmmm, I'm going to check out a Bandai 1/72 kit. If nothing else it'll give me something else to do during my state's stay at home order.

As far as everything else, completely agreed. I mention Bandai because 90% of what I buy these days is made by them, but I would be fine with any company making Star Wars ships as long as they did them justice. 

-b.

23 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Well said. 
Also, I understood what kanedas bike meant too, not ships that fit figures but just nice smaller representations of cool fighters and stuff.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Black Series ESB 40th wave 3 will have Snowtrooper, Luke Skywalker Dagobah, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, and Darth Vader.  I might just order the set or case.  Still thinking about getting ESB 40th Han Solo Bespin, Princess Leia Hoth, and the Probe Droid.

6 hours ago, Sildani said:

Remember Action Fleet? They were pretty nice. Would love to see those again. 

I still have a sizable collection of the old Action Fleet ships.  Never was able to get my hands on the E-Wing or Tie Defender, but I grabbed all of the main fighter designs, plus the Imperial Shuttle and Millennium Falcon.  They weren't all the most accurate in terms of proportions, but they were just a perfect mix of size, features and playability.

Actually, now that I think about it, I believe the Action Fleet A-Wing was nearly the exact same size as the Bandai "1/72" 1/48th kit.

On 5/5/2020 at 5:56 AM, Graham said:

Here it is:

https://exclumagazine.com/2020/05/04/hot-toys-tease-16th-clone-wars-captain-rex/

Ah, it only mentions Rex. I must have recalled incorrectly about Ahsoka.

It’s true...IT’S TRUE!! Rex is available for preorder. It’s so awesome seeing a “real” version of him! Also comes with the Ahsoka Helmet!

6A241C35-C2BF-40CC-B35B-7732C3B39230.jpeg.0dd97ff6bc214018486637360afd1b14.jpeg

9E6E9F55-4E96-4736-9539-DE4F4B53B86A.jpeg.1f0e47ddf738bf194b223a97e9ba8431.jpeg

Not going to risk missing out on this one. Preordered!

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-captain-rex-hot-toys-906349

Chris

Edited by Dobber

8 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Ended up ordering Black Series ESB 40th Han Solo Bespin and Princess Leia Hoth.  I hope Hasbro releases an Archive Collection Slave Leia.

Yep, a proper one. I'll prob get shot, but i don't even care about double shoulders if it means the figure will look more natural.

On 5/12/2020 at 5:22 PM, vlenhoff said:

Yep, a proper one. I'll prob get shot, but i don't even care about double shoulders if it means the figure will look more natural.

946A7B1E-5AC5-4792-BC3D-7A742CEA5458.jpeg.b9586582a74d6675d548db2681d54ee6.jpeg

https://fanvote.hasbropulse.com/star-wars-2020

One vote per day until 5/29.  I voted for Slave Leia today.  Qui Gon, Ahsoka, and Leia Boushh would be cool too.  Maybe Jango and Greedo.  The others would be fine not being in the Archive Collection or getting the Photo Real treatment.