1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Ok, finished up the photo session with the VF-25S Armored.

I had forgotten how finicky Gerwalk mode was and how the crotch barely holds, one slight move and it collapses without the support piece in Battroid mode.

Well, here is a photo drop of Gerwalk and Battroid. Hope you all like them

23061017731_911b7fb217_h.jpg

23049819865_fd2f5d4d93_h.jpg

22427048864_e881c81311_h.jpg

23061016301_bc313c75dd_h.jpg

23036279482_9b431bbe3e_h.jpg

23036277732_00f7ee4bbe_h.jpg

23061017091_46b8721d00_h.jpg

23023791936_554e5f4369_h.jpg

23049822555_859e3a2a18_h.jpg

23061018761_50f86cec14_h.jpg

22631500177_d6ae1a4482_h.jpg

23061015351_ea9ab47ed8_h.jpg

22631500407_d4567a673c_h.jpg

23023795186_6fa8bc5931_h.jpg

Edited by Saburo

Damn I'd definitely buy your book if you make one and if you covered all Valkyries.

highly second that!

Thank you, I will see how everything works out. Can't promise anything now, but I'll be doing some research on printing methods.

Edited by Saburo

Ok, finished up the photo session with the VF-25S Armored.

I had forgotten how finicky Gerwalk mode was and how the crotch barely holds, one slight move and it Valk collapses without the support piece in Battroid mode.

Well, here is a photo drop of Gerwalk and Battroid. Hope you all like them

*snip*

Gorgeous photos Saburo. Regarding the crotch support. I wonder why Bandai didn't engineer a prong that folds down from inside the crotch plate/fuselage section to hold it in place. I kinda understand it with the Armored versions since I assume that the armor set was designed after the Renewal Valkyries. If the frist few releases hadn't sold well I'm certain that Bandai would not have released the add-on sets or any additional Valkyries. So they probably where surprised that the Valkyrie could not stand on its own without additional help so the threw a few support pieces into the bag. The same goes for the piece that holds the legs together in Fighter-Mode

Where I don't get it is for the Super VF-27 that has the same exact problem with the same filler piece solution. I guess it is a case of good enough.

Maybe in a few years Arcadia (if they still exist) is able to to get the Frontier license. Imagine how gorgeous the Armored Messiah would look with a matte finish. ^_^

:)

These two shots are sooo phone wallpaper worthy!!! :D

Glad you like them Spanner! :D

Gorgeous photos Saburo. Regarding the crotch support. I wonder why Bandai didn't engineer a prong that folds down from inside the crotch plate/fuselage section to hold it in place. I kinda understand it with the Armored versions since I assume that the armor set was designed after the Renewal Valkyries. If the frist few releases hadn't sold well I'm certain that Bandai would not have released the add-on sets or any additional Valkyries. So they probably where surprised that the Valkyrie could not stand on its own without additional help so the threw a few support pieces into the bag. The same goes for the piece that holds the legs together in Fighter-Mode

Where I don't get it is for the Super VF-27 that has the same exact problem with the same filler piece solution. I guess it is a case of good enough.

Maybe in a few years Arcadia (if they still exist) is able to to get the Frontier license. Imagine how gorgeous the Armored Messiah would look with a matte finish. ^_^

Thank you Scyla.

The crotch piece was being a pain. I have the Armored VF-25 on display in battroid mode and I use Bandai Battroid support piece along with Yeti piece to function as a mini stand. For the photos I wanted to have the Valk to stand on it own. The clips that hold the folded over and the main crotch hinge part would not hold in a straight standing postion, but would hold in hunched forward stance, which looked weird. So rather then get frustrated fighting with it, I just used the mini stand which you can see in some of the pictures. Not ideal but it will have to do. :unsure:

An Arcadia matte finished Armored Messiah would be awesome, but imagine the price... :blink:

:wub: I hate you, Saburo! Hahaha! :lol:

:D :D

Saburo, you definitely need to publish a Valkyries photo book. I think it would sell well.

I second/third/<insert number here> it!

I'm very sure people here are interested in a book with photos of the Valks you've shown. They look so good! :)

Thank you both. I'll be working on getting more photos and researching photobook publishers. :D

Thank you both. I'll be working on getting more photos and researching photobook publishers. :D

wow if there could be accompanying lore abt each valk IT would be a fine reference manual too! Maybe the gurus can share writeups...

Unsure abt right issues tho...

Anyway not to deviate from ur awesome shots... as long as you share with us will continue to appreciate and get into the awesomeness of the macross valk dom!

Yeah. It was the first part of section 2.1 that is why I was concerned for the selling of the book.

I quoted the part of the section below:

2.1 Who owns What?

Because of the nature of photography and the business of photographing other works of art, most people become confused from the entanglement of the photo itself and its contents. These two are entirely separate animals; the photographer owns the copyright to the photo, regardless of the subject of the photo. So, while you (as the photographer) may have the right to license the photo to someone (because it is yours), the use of that photo may be restricted because the subject (the statue) is copyrighted by someone else. This is very similar to that of photos of people. If this concept is new to you, read Model Release Primer.

Thanks for the info everyone, the whole legalize and rights issues is the subject I need to look into. I'll need to consult my my lawyer friends to make sure I am within the laws.

There might be some additional problems with the whole HG license debacle. I'm sure they have trigger happy lawyers that just stand there ready to send C&D letters out. ^_^

Thanks for the info everyone, the whole legalize and rights issues is the subject I need to look into. I'll need to consult my my lawyer friends to make sure I am within the laws.

Yeah. Be careful. I am well acquainted with lawyers and you can never be too careful in matters related to properties and the entities involved. While I would really love to see your pics become the book that you and others have described, I wouldn't want to see you suffer any negative repercussions due to legality. Take care and here is hoping you are able to make it happen.

There might be some additional problems with the whole HG license debacle. I'm sure they have trigger happy lawyers that just stand there ready to send C&D letters out. ^_^

Yeah. Be careful. I am well acquainted with lawyers and you can never be too careful in matters related to properties and the entities involved. While I would really love to see your pics become the book that you and others have described, I wouldn't want to see you suffer any negative repercussions due to legality. Take care and here is hoping you are able to make it happen.

I am being very careful and knowledgeable about the situation. I'll be researching, till then lets get back on to topic. Post more pics everyone. :)

Got a chance to panel line and sticker up my VT-1. I had forgotten the premium Yamato releases came with better sticker sheets where you did not have to painstakingly trim all the stickers before you put them on to make them look good, so this one didn't take me very long at all.

post-11393-0-90479400-1448124225_thumb.jpeg

post-11393-0-71836400-1448124242_thumb.jpeg

post-11393-0-29655900-1448124259_thumb.jpeg

post-11393-0-38421900-1448124274_thumb.jpeg