1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Thanks guys!

I miss these weathered valks! :sniff:

I know it's been a while. I recently put pics of my 29B in the Perceval thread also.

Sticker that came with it trimmed down.

Both of them look lovely though I like that subtle look more. Can't wait to see the green version!

Edit: did you get different colored lighting?

Yeah, part of the reason I got a second one was because I wasn't satisfied with how the first one turned out, although I was able to correct some of the deficiencies with the clear coat with a different product.

The first 27 was probably my last time I used the Tamiya flat base before I switched to using the Vallejo matte varnish. It's just so much better that it's unbelievable.

And yes, I started using 5500k LED bulbs instead of flourescent ones. Also got some light umbrellas to use with them although they are far bigger than I thought they would be and hard to use in a small room.

It's also why my 29B pics look a bit off in color. It's because I forgot to adjust my white balance using my new setup so everything turned a few shades bluer.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Thanks guys! I know it's been a while. I recently put pics of my 29B in the Perceval thread also. Yeah, part of the reason I got a second one was because I wasn't satisfied with how the first one turned out, although I was able to correct some of the deficiencies with the clear coat with a different product.The first 27 was probably my last time I used the Tamiya flat base before I switched to using the Vallejo matte varnish. It's just so much better that it's unbelievable.And yes, I started using 5500k LED bulbs instead of flourescent ones. Also got some light umbrellas to use with them although they are far bigger than I thought they would be and hard to use in a small room.It's also why my 29B pics look a bit off in color. It's because I forgot to adjust my white balance using my new setup so everything turned a few shades bluer.

More photography gear! :D How big are the light umbrellas? Like you I have a small area to work in.

Forgot to say this earlier, your shots looks great!

Edited by Saburo

More photography gear! :D How big are the light umbrellas? Like you I have a small area to work in.

Forgot to say this earlier, your shots looks great!

Thanks! Yeah, I got tired of messing with the light tent and the dusty velvet backdrop that was near impossible to get the dust off of. Not to mention the 24" light tent was often too small and the 60" light tent was unwieldy and a huge PITA to fold back because there's a certain way you have to fold it and sometimes I mess with it for an hour trying to figure it out and then give up in a fit of rage.

The umbrellas are a little under 3 and a half feet across and the stand can extend up higher than my ceiling so I don't know how high it goes.

I think the lighting looks better than when I was just using light tents, although the new setup has brought its own set of challenges to overcome. Such as the room being small so there's limited space to position the lights, my backdrop cloth is too small, can't move the table too close to the backdrop to make room because then the light illuminates it too much, can't move the table too far away or the backdrop doesn't cover what I need, etc...

Thanks! Yeah, I got tired of messing with the light tent and the dusty velvet backdrop that was near impossible to get the dust off of. Not to mention the 24" light tent was often too small and the 60" light tent was unwieldy and a huge PITA to fold back because there's a certain way you have to fold it and sometimes I mess with it for an hour trying to figure it out and then give up in a fit of rage.

The umbrellas are a little under 3 and a half feet across and the stand can extend up higher than my ceiling so I don't know how high it goes.

I think the lighting looks better than when I was just using light tents, although the new setup has brought its own set of challenges to overcome. Such as the room being small so there's limited space to position the lights, my backdrop cloth is too small, can't move the table too close to the backdrop to make room because then the light illuminates it too much, can't move the table too far away or the backdrop doesn't cover what I need, etc...

I am overall pleased with my setup but I know there is always a way to improve it, but space is a limiting factor. I am considering getting some lighting umbrella, I just need to find ones that are not too big. My setup already takes up a large amount of space where I shoot. I know what you mean about using velvet, I tried using it and that stuff just attracts it and doesn't let it go.

Yes, those light tents are a pain to store and they are too small or too large, so I built my own. I recently built a light tent/box out of foam core and fabric for a friend of mine that collapses down for easy storage.

Beautiful work MJ (as always!) Love it, you know it was you that made me spend money to get the VF-27. I didn't know you had two! I do love all the tampo on a dark valkyrie. I do like the subtlety.

whoah... it's like floating in the air.

I forgot to mention, I have been experimenting with overtechnology and have a working anti-gravity dining table. :lol:

That looks so cool. Guess I'll crack and invest in some Yeti stands after all. :o

I have all my Valks in fighter mode displayed on Yeti Stands, I highly recommend them, you will not be disappointed. :D

I have all my Valks in fighter mode displayed on Yeti Stands, I highly recommend them, you will not be disappointed. :D

Just got my first one today. I need to find an allen wrench that fits the screws because I can't tighten it enough by hand to support the weight of a valk and it's killing my fingers trying to do so :p

Just got my first one today. I need to find an allen wrench that fits the screws because I can't tighten it enough by hand to support the weight of a valk and it's killing my fingers trying to do so :p

Hope you get an allen wrench soon, also I suggest a small combination it wrench will be helpful to hold the nut in place as you tighten. I keep everything (extra arms, screws, etc...) together in an organizer I bought from Home Depot. :D

Also, looking forward to pics of your weathered Valks on Yetistands.

Edited by Saburo

frl6Eoul.jpg

:bump:

they look really great! I have Nora's SV-51 and would still like to get the CF and Ivanov but they are pricey and who knows Arcadia my re-issue or renew them.. Knowing my luck I buy them and then they get announced shortly afterwards.. :rolleyes:

Edited by spanner76

they look really great! I have Nora's SV-51 and would still like to get the CF and Ivanov but they are pricey and who knows Arcadia my re-issue or renew them.. Knowing my luck I bu them and then they get announced shortly afterwards.. :rolleyes:

Buy one now, Spanner, so that it well get announced soon. :lol: Better yet, buy another VF-4G so that it will get reissue. ;)

Hope you get an allen wrench soon, also I suggest a small combination it wrench will be helpful to hold the nut in place as you tighten. I keep everything (extra arms, screws, etc...) together in an organizer I bought from Home Depot. :D

Also, looking forward to pics of your weathered Valks on Yetistands.

I found I had a bag of hex wrenches in the case where I kept socket wrenches. Fortunately one fit.

Unfortunately, the DX adapter was a very tight fit and while trying to get it on, the corner of it went into my finger.

It now knows the taste of blood and will come seeking for more...

post-10222-0-01343200-1440044284_thumb.jpg

My test shot with the stand.

Super_YF-29_Alto_Fighter_11.jpg

It really is an attractive stand. I will plan to get more when I can.

I found I had a bag of hex wrenches in the case where I kept socket wrenches. Fortunately one fit.

Unfortunately, the DX adapter was a very tight fit and while trying to get it on, the corner of it went into my finger.

It now knows the taste of blood and will come seeking for more...

attachicon.gifIMG_2838.JPG

My test shot with the stand.

It really is an attractive stand. I will plan to get more when I can.

That shot looks great and my Valkyries have drawn blood too.

So how will your 'luck' kicks to get it 'announced' if you're not gonna buy it? B))

haha! sorry mate you kinda lost me there! im either exhausted or simply not reading it right..

I meant the CF SV-51 I never got one (only got Ivanov and Nora)! I have two VF-4G's but I'd love a 2012 Flashback one!

oh! I missed out on all three at good prices a few years back as I thought I wouldn't ever want them. Seeing I steered clear of the original Zero's I didn't see the point of only getting one side..

Mostly done weathering my 19 Adv. Still have to do the feet and super parts.

I'll do a proper shoot once I finish it all up.

This thing just has a retarded amount of detail in all the hidden areas.

Every time I think I've got it all, I find little hidden areas I missed doing a wash on.

I bet they even molded details in areas you can't see unless you took the thing apart.

VF-19Advance_Isamu_Fighter_01.jpg

VF-19Advance_Isamu_Fighter_02.jpg

Mostly done weathering my 19 Adv. Still have to do the feet and super parts.

I'll do a proper shoot once I finish it all up.

This thing just has a retarded amount of detail in all the hidden areas.

Every time I think I've got it all, I find little hidden areas I missed doing a wash on.

I bet they even molded details in areas you can't see unless you took the thing apart.

VF-19Advance_Isamu_Fighter_01.jpg

VF-19Advance_Isamu_Fighter_02.jpg

Hmmmm... you should start again, finish doing the super parts and the feet then send it to me and I'll send you a new one. :D;)

J/K.. sorta..

Great work MJ it looks amazing! :wub: