X-Men: First Class

Zor Primus

X-Men: First Class is an upcoming superhero film, directed by Matthew Vaughn, based on the characters appearing in Marvel Comics. The film is the fifth installment of the X-Men film series and a prequel to the first three movies. X-Men: First Class is scheduled for release on June 3, 2011.

The film, set during the 1960s, will focus on the relationship between Professor X and Magneto and the origin of their groups, the X-Men and the Brotherhood of Mutants. The film stars James McAvoy as Professor X and Michael Fassbender as Magneto. It also stars Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw, the antagonist of the movie. Other cast members include January Jones, Rose Byrne, Jennifer Lawrence and Lucas Till. The film is mostly being shot in England and parts of the United States. Fox envisions this film as the first in a new trilogy.

Director: Matthew Vaughn

Writers: Jane Goldman (screenplay), Ashley Miller (screenplay)

Stars: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence

Shaw should be an awesome villain, really liked that they picked Bacon for the part. I just found out about this today...jeeze and it comes out in June, I fail as a geek... weird there isn't a teaser trailer out there yet.

post-2668-12956573702_thumb.jpg

post-2668-129565739164_thumb.jpg

post-2668-129565741787_thumb.jpg

post-2668-129565744603_thumb.jpg

post-2668-129565750071_thumb.jpg

The more I see this the more I like it. It's too bad they couldn't use the 5 original X-Men though but the 1960's era and the black & yellow suits are cool. Since Havok's in it will he become Cyclop's father instead of his younger brother?

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Director: Matthew Vaughn

Writers: Jane Goldman (screenplay), Ashley Miller (screenplay)

Stars: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence

Shaw should be an awesome villain, really liked that they picked Bacon for the part. I just found out about this today...jeeze and it comes out in June, I fail as a geek... weird there isn't a teaser trailer out there yet.

Sebatian Shaw is not Sebatian Shaw without the muttonchop sideburns!!! Edited by Wanzerfan

The only person I recognize the white queen who is everyone else?

Man in front is Magneto (Matthew Fassbender), woman in green Xavier's former love Moira McTaggart, White Queen, & Nightcrawler's father Azazel in the back.

Edited by terry the lone wolf

This will be much better than X-men 3 or Wolverine. Those were pretty craptastic.

I thought both of those were fair.

I think you guys hold comic book super hero stuff to a 'way too high' standard. Maybe the last two batman movies have just ruined it for everything else because they were so good.

Edited by Agent ONE

I think you guys hold comic book super hero stuff to a 'way too high' standard. Maybe the last two batman movies have just ruined it for everything else because they were so good.

Yes, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Iron Man and Superman: The Movie are considered to be benchmarks to many superhero/comic book film enthusiasts. No other superhero film will ever be better than those four in the years to come. In the case of X-Men, I have watched all of the movies from both fan and non-fan standpoints. The first two were, at most, okay. X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine were horrible not because they severely deviated from the original comic book storylines, but because their screenplays were piss-poor.

The first two were, at most, okay.

I LOVED X2. It's one of those rare sequels that's actually better than the first film. How can you not like Nightcrawler opening things up by kicking ass all over the place? Or Wolverine being allowed to truly cut loose in the mansion?

It was smartly written, the storyline was solid, and the characters stayed pretty consistent with what was established in the first movie.

The third one had the potential to be great. But trying to shoehorn the mutant "cure" story with the Phoenix story really did mesh well in that film.

Getting back on topic, I'm unsure what to think of this upcoming prequel. They definitely have a weird mix of characters going in to it, so we'll see what happens.

Why....did.....January....Jones.....get....the.....part......???

I wish i knew.

they gotten alice eve

Yes, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Iron Man and Superman: The Movie are considered to be benchmarks to many superhero/comic book film enthusiasts. No other superhero film will ever be better than those four in the years to come. In the case of X-Men, I have watched all of the movies from both fan and non-fan standpoints. The first two were, at most, okay. X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine were horrible not because they severely deviated from the original comic book storylines, but because their screenplays were piss-poor.

I thought i was the only one who realized the Phoenix saga would end up being 6 separate movies. Just to explain why the X-men were going into outer space.

That's the point. ANY comic book film CAN be as good as BB or BTDK. They aren't. That has to do with the lack of understanding for the IP being adapted, or to put in more honest terms, raped. The Nolans and Goyer are both comic book fans, and have drawn their inspiration from the comics in which they are adapting.

That is why we get batman with nipples on his costume. Why Godzilla is an mutated iguana. Why Megatron was killed by a stupid cube.

Most other IP's are pulled out of the collective asses of ignorant illiterate asses who have not read anything, much less a comic book, in their life.

All it takes is a little effort.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks fun. The problem is, especially sitting it in the historical event which it portrays, we all know how it ends...

My grandfather said it best when I took him to see Apollo 13 back in the day.

"We all know how it ends. But the journey was pretty fantastic."

Hope we can say the same about this film.

I admit, the trailer surprised me. The last thing I expected was for JFK to do the voiceover for most of the trailer. The idea to tie it in with realworld events and history I think is a cool one.

SR-71's rock.

There is definite potential here.