Battle: Los Angeles

Snail00

The trailers were cool at first, but I'm getting tired of seeing the same guy gawking at something that I don't know WTF I'm looking at, which looks like a junkion pile from TF: the movie.

The trailers were cool at first, but I'm getting tired of seeing the same guy gawking at something that I don't know WTF I'm looking at, which looks like a junkion pile from TF: the movie.

LMAO!!! where's Wreck-Gar??? I keep looking for him to pop up!

i'll watch this. it looks like a better updated id4 type movie without the nonsense.

At first I didnt like the smaller trooper like ships but with the new trailer they look like pizza like segments from the Saucer types. I have a gang coming with me to see the movie this coming friday.

I definitely want to see this movie, yet so not to be to disappointed, I'm going with the same mind set I had when I saw the 1st Transformers movie, go in with minimal to absolutely no expectations what so ever and I'll walk away enjoying this. Besides can not be any worse than Skyline was. ;)

I definitely want to see this movie, yet so not to be to disappointed, I'm going with the same mind set I had when I saw the 1st Transformers movie, go in with minimal to absolutely no expectations what so ever and I'll walk away enjoying this. Besides can not be any worse than Skyline was. ;)

Agreed.

:ph34r:

-b.

I find that the best way to avoid disappointment is to totally avoid all reviews by so-called "professional" film reviewers.

More than once I have listened to those supposed experts, who said the film sucked or didn't suck only to find IMO they are the ones that suck.

Just unplug your sense of logic buy a soda and some popcorn and enjoy.

I find that the best way to avoid disappointment is to totally avoid all reviews by so-called "professional" film reviewers.

More than once I have listened to those supposed experts, who said the film sucked or didn't suck only to find IMO they are the ones that suck.

Just unplug your sense of logic buy a soda and some popcorn and enjoy.

Couldn't agree more with that comment, I can't think how many times I've seen a movie that "So called film critics" gave poor or horrid reviews too, only to walk out of the theater thinking.... "Did we watch the same film??"

So if it looks good and floats your boat, get a ticket, some popcorn & the beer you snuck in and enjoy!!! :D

See, this begs the questions. What do you want to see?

I`m basically hoping to see Aliens, except the Marines have modern day equipment. Actually, why don`t I just go and watch my aliens LD instead? I don`t know..

Agreed.

:ph34r:

-b.

Disagree, Skyline was great. So many cool death sequences and a cool twist ending. What do you expect from a popcorn movie?

I`m basically hoping to see Aliens, except the Marines have modern day equipment. Actually, why don`t I just go and watch my aliens LD instead? I don`t know..

Disagree, Skyline was great. So many cool death sequences and a cool twist ending. What do you expect from a popcorn movie?

I have to assume you're being facetious, but in the off chance that you're not I expect that said popcorn movies not intentionally, blatantly and maliciously assault my intelligence - which is what Skyline did.

And if you're wanting to see "Aliens", then yeah, go watch "Aliens". :p

Going back to Battle: Los Angeles, I hope to be able to see it this weekend and even more so I hope that it's decent.

-b.

First off, don't go in expecting Skyline. It was MUCH, MUCH better. Skyline was a waste of time, money and brain cells.

B:LA was actually really good. From the acting, to the dialogue. I went in with no more expectations than a few hours of sitting next to my buddies elbow to elbow and got a hell of a lot more.

The story was about as solid as it was going to get for an action movie. Aliens attacking. WTF WHY? We're being overrun. Action sequences. GET SOME. End.

That being said, it wasn't too predictable or boring.

I have to assume you're being facetious, but in the off chance that you're not I expect that said popcorn movies not intentionally, blatantly and maliciously assault my intelligence - which is what Skyline did.

We must have different definitions of Popcorn movies... (I'm not inclined to see many movies these days)

Saw it. Very much enjoyed it.

Chewie summed up my experience as well. Even with guarded to low expectations I was very pleasantly surprised. I would recommend seeing it for anyone that wants a well-done Marines vs. aliens action flick.

-b.

Guest sh002

what is skyline? did that come out in theaters cause i didn't notice it when it came out.

nevermind i looked it up. the description of the movie is stupid.

Edited by sh002

Watched it last night too by my lonesome self and it was good a little cliched with the basic characters, but hey, it's a military movie, they're gonna have to same approach to characters regardless of setting or director. It had a good ending in which it didn't imbue the "everything's gonna be alright" that so many other alien invasion movies have in the past. It was like part Blackhawk Down and part ID4 in which it was ground combat and the first initial engagement wasn't the last and in part that the alien transmission ships enable the smaller alien craft to fight. Except in this movie, deadly doses of explosive ordnance disabled the alien ships, not a computer virus from a Macbook. B))

Couldn't agree more with that comment, I can't think how many times I've seen a movie that "So called film critics" gave poor or horrid reviews too, only to walk out of the theater thinking.... "Did we watch the same film??"

So if it looks good and floats your boat, get a ticket, some popcorn & the beer you snuck in and enjoy!!! :D

Man, that's why I miss Japan, you can DRINK WHILE YOU WATCH YOUR MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO SNEAK IN A BREWSKIE!

? There are a number of theaters where I live that I can do this...or did you mean BYOB?

No, I mean, you go to the concession stand pay a few hundred yen and have you a Kirin or Asahi to go with your salty popcorn. You can BYOB too, just sneak it in your girl's bag.

No, I mean, you go to the concession stand pay a few hundred yen and have you a Kirin or Asahi to go with your salty popcorn. You can BYOB too, just sneak it in your girl's bag.

Hell you can do that in New York. I'm not much of a beer man. But I do mix me up a little something to take to the flix. Its not like they gonna search you.

Edited by SilentCrossHairs

Yeah, I can think of at least two theaters here in Columbus that sell beer.

Just saw it, enjoy it, love it.

Bit of Blackhawk Down, Independence day + War of the World

Throw a sprinkle of District 9 mecha design and you got Battle: LA...my question is,

why have only ONE central command ship per city? You can travel between stars but you don't have the foresight for a backup unit??

:rolleyes: Oh well, we gotta win somehow right?

Man, that's why I miss Japan, you can DRINK WHILE YOU WATCH YOUR MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO SNEAK IN A BREWSKIE!

Well if I had two reasons to go to Japan now, One would be to Volunteer anyway I could in helping the clean-up, recovery, temp housing, etc efforts and Two, go see a movie with a Beer and no need to sneak it in!

Also I saw Battle: Los Angeles and like most others I definitely enjoyed it!! B))

Hell you can do that in New York. I'm not much of a beer man. But I do mix me up a little something to take to the flix. Its not like they gonna search you.

LUCKY YOU! I miss Japanese beer too. The basic Kirin and Asahi don't do it for me. :(