The finale didn't wow me, though I will admit the episode went in a different direction than I expected. I was thinking Jenner was going to be this mad scientist and use the others for experiments or something. It was okay, not great for a finale but I'll see what season 2 has to offer. Just too bad we have to wait so long for it..............so it better be worth the wait.

i'm guessing that is why he said " no surprises" and that is what was whispered.

And that would add another reason why Jenner was more than ready to let himself go...

And that would add another reason why Jenner was more than ready to let himself go...

Agreed MYK, that is my take on it... its would also explain the sheriff's emotional reaction before he started driving away. I did like the season finale for many reasons one of which was Jenner himself and his chilling message " This is our extinction event" awesome!

One year!! I have to wait almost one frickin year for this joyride to continue. arggg! :(

I liked the last episode, although it's not my favorite among the bunch. Ep5 was more like the climax, and ep6 was one big denoument. But still a pretty good one, in my opinion. Fantastic series altogether, and a good starting point for the new season. (at least it didn't end at a terrible cliffhanger. A one year wait with that ending would have been more brutal.)

As for the whisper, I have a feeling Darabont just put it there for now, and have yet to decide on what it will mean later on. Good luck to the new batch of writers.

But I doubt it's about the hopelessness of the situation; he pretty much said it to everyone already, so why bother whispering this to Rick? My theories: either a detail about another secure facility that they could go to, or maybe something about seeing footage of what Shane tried to do the night before ("Be careful about your buddy Shane" or something close to that).

Edited by dreamweaver13

Completely disappointing on the way this series is turning out, i was a big fan of the source material and this is missing all the points of it and the buildup for terrible cliches and stereotypes. Im sure itll still be a pretty good show, but after episode 1 it automatically started to derail. This finale was a train wreck where the cars are undamaged but the tracks are ruined.

Agreed MYK, that is my take on it... its would also explain the sheriff's emotional reaction before he started driving away. I did like the season finale for many reasons one of which was Jenner himself and his chilling message " This is our extinction event" awesome!

I was thinking some more about that theory. If everyone's already infected, and you turn after you die, then...why would a bite from an infected zombie even matter? Unless of course, a zombie bite accelerates the infection, turning a mere carrier into a potential zombie? I dunno. I'm going to have to pick up the original source material...

<br />I was thinking some more about that theory. If everyone's already infected, and you turn after you die, then...why would a bite from an infected zombie even matter? Unless of course, a zombie bite accelerates the infection, turning a mere carrier into a potential zombie? I dunno. I'm going to have to pick up the original source material...<br />
I had given it some thought as well. In the TV series the only thing really mentioned/shown is that being bitten (but not outright killed) somehow causes an extreme fever. This fever apparently kills the affected party. The cause of the fever could be unrelated to the zombie infection I suppose? A reanimated rotting corpse is probably a veritable breeding ground for all kinds of nasty things.

The deviation from the comics bothers me a bit but I appreciate the way the sex has been removed or toned down from the original. I felt it sort of detracted from the "big picture" in the comics not to mention how cliche some of it was.

Edited by bluemax151

I was thinking some more about that theory. If everyone's already infected, and you turn after you die, then...why would a bite from an infected zombie even matter? Unless of course, a zombie bite accelerates the infection, turning a mere carrier into a potential zombie? I dunno. I'm going to have to pick up the original source material...

I highly recommend you pick up the comics. It's a great read. The time waiting between issues is excruciating for me.

But if you want to read the comics for an explanation on the outbreak, you're going to be disappointed.

I had given it some thought as well. In the TV series the only thing really mentioned/shown is that being bitten (but not outright killed) somehow causes an extreme fever. This fever apparently kills the affected party. The cause of the fever could be unrelated to the zombie infection I suppose? A reanimated rotting corpse is probably a veritable breeding ground for all kinds of nasty things.

The deviation from the comics bothers me a bit but I appreciate the way the sex has been removed or toned down from the original. I felt it sort of detracted from the "big picture" in the comics not to mention how cliche some of it was.

I don't find the sex in the comics at all distracting, in fact I find it very realistic. The characters are all human, and they have human needs, like companionship and sex. That's why early on in the series, people started pairing off. In a situation as stressful as the End Of The World, wouldn't you want to share some time with someone and get laid in the process? After all, you never know if the next day is going to be your last.

I don't find the sex in the comics at all distracting, in fact I find it very realistic. The characters are all human, and they have human needs, like companionship and sex. That's why early on in the series, people started pairing off. In a situation as stressful as the End Of The World, wouldn't you want to share some time with someone and get laid in the process? After all, you never know if the next day is going to be your last.

I would refrain from getting too close, for fear of having to deal with the sudden and probably gruesome death of that significant other-that's just me though, and human nature drives us to pair off, so what can I really say.

In any case, so there's "rampant" sex in the comics, eh? I don't think it'll detract from my enjoyment of the comic...

Watched the Finale again, that Flashback with Shane was pretty cool. Looks like the Army was in full retreat...Wouldn't mind seeing some more in the future.

I've been meaning to watch the first episode again to see if Rick had to push that gurney out of the way since Shane placed it in front of his door. Watching the undead overcome the soldiers in the hallway was pretty freaky...

Haven't watched it all yet. I'm disappointed by the not unexpected censorship of the sex and language. Of course, flesh-eating zombie gore isn't going to corrupt any minors, so that's okay.

The comics are a long way from "rampant sex". They just show realistic but not very explicit human interaction given the circumstances.

And now for something completely different.

Edited by Vile

The comics are a long way from "rampant sex". They just show realistic but not very explicit human interaction given the circumstances.

Yeah, not rampant or explicit at all. The "sex" is usually shown in one of two ways: the characters about to get it on, or cuddling post-coitus.

Still very disappointed with Season 1 as a whole. If Season 2 strays any further from the comics, then I'll probably stop watching.

What will happen to the Zombies during the winter?

Will they freeze to Finale death, or will they gust go in to hibernation and reawaken when the spring thaw?

I'm thinking that when the Zombie freezes the water in their brains will expand destroying the Brain killing the Zombie.

That wont help with the Zombies in temperate climates, but in parts of Europe and in the US that have been hit by blizzards currently would the heavy snow and cold stop them.

Edited by miles316

Nah, zombie brains must be immune to the effects of cellular disruption, otherwise all that rotting business would surely put an end to them double-quick. My vote is that they thaw out and shamble on (that's what happens in World War Z, anyway).

Don't think I've seen an instance of zombie popsicle in the comics yet.

I just finished the compendium this week...it ends with

the big battle and the leaving of the prison

Overall I gotta say it was just an ok series for me, maybe I was expecting more the way it was talked up. Definately dark though. Personally, I prefer the tv series, found the characters a little bit more likeable.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

<object id="flashObj" width="456" height="388" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=713336919001&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=713336919001&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="456" height="388" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

WALKING DEAD Season 2 Preview

While it doesn't contain any footage from the upcoming second season of The Walking Dead, AMC TV offers up this clip reel promoting the next leg. Frank Darabont, Robert Kirkman and many of the cast members from the show discuss this season's finale and the implications it has for the show's future...

Well, they seem pretty fired up about the show even though it's return is almost a year out. I've got to get around to reading those graphic novels...

This is interesting. What specifically did you find less likable about the characters in the comic?

Honestly, I really can't put my finger on it, maybe it was just the chosen facial expressions the artists used. They always looked pissed off, even in normal conversations in a safe environment...particularly Lorrie talking to Carol. I also thought the

Rick, Tyrese fight was a bit ridiculous.

Definately, a good series but the writers/creaters definately seemed more adept at making misery then giving any HOPE. I felt the TV show balanced the 2 well. Yes I know, horrible plague or whatever will leave people miserable, and rightly so. But I also think that people will also hang on to any good we can find.The characters seemed to just want to piss each other off all the time in the comic. Really can't figure out why I feal this way though.

Chris