Yamato 1/60 Regult

UN Spacy

Hmmm, also just received this via email. http://us1.campaign-...3a&e=646c3ffe21 I sure hope this applies to this item.

I got this same e-mail. Last week I was wondering why I was paying so much for shipping out of Japan.

I paid nearly $100 USD for shipping 3 Super & strike parts for 1/60 VF-1. I was in Shock! Then I looked at the currency conversion :(

I don't know If anyone else has noticed, but they have updated the page to reflect that the kit is actually a kit and requires assembly and paint.

Edited by Loop

I don't know If anyone else has noticed, but they have updated the page to reflect that the kit is actually a kit and requires assembly and paint.

Got a reply this morning from HLJ:

Hi Xxxx,

Thank you for writing in.

That kit is indeed and unassembled, unpainted kit. Sorry for the confusion! I have changed the listing and added commentary to the item page:

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMTGK-14

Thank you for shopping at HobbyLink Japan! We appreciate your business!

Best Regards,

Xxxxx Xxxxxx

HobbyLink Japan

www.hlj.com

Hmmm, also just received this via email. http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=f60cb1eee37a8df2b5c8e588c&id=bcb0f2c93a&e=646c3ffe21 I sure hope this applies to this item.

That would be nice but I doubt it given that the Regult is an exclusive item, so they can't really mark down a retail price.

I wonder how long until we see the heavy, light and scout versions up for order. <_<

That would be nice but I doubt it given that the Regult is an exclusive item, so they can't really mark down a retail price.

I wonder how long until we see the heavy, light and scout versions up for order. <_<

If they do that, I'd rather spend the time customizing this kit so that it can attach those packs. The scout??? I really doubt they'd ever make that, but it'd be nice. Don't know about paying over $400 for it though.

Yeah, it'd be nice if they came up with some light and heavy missile pods that could snap in place of the AA cannons. Who knows, though. It was supposed to come with a pilot, and it looks as if they dropped that idea too. Luckily I had the chance to pick up a T-Rex Zentradi soldier from the last WonderFest. Has anyone had a chance to assemble and paint their Zent. Soldier yet?

Yeah, it'd be nice if they came up with some light and heavy missile pods that could snap in place of the AA cannons. Who knows, though. It was supposed to come with a pilot, and it looks as if they dropped that idea too. Luckily I had the chance to pick up a T-Rex Zentradi soldier from the last WonderFest. Has anyone had a chance to assemble and paint their Zent. Soldier yet?

I'll take a look at it once I get mine. Did people on the boards order this without owning a soldier? I'm probably going to make one. Not a recast or based on the Trex. I've been planning on making one that's the same height as a 1/60. I can just shrink the design.

Now that's awesome, your going to make a 1/6 Zentran, go man go! Using yellow sub joints?

1/6th Zentran? I rather have a 1/6th Meltran!

Yeah yellow sub joints, maybe the new Kotobukiya joints that are coming out early next year... gotta see how those are.

• 2 weeks later...

I met with T-Rex designer Mr. Maeno at MWCon last Sunday and we had a very interesting conversations. He said that there are few reason that T-Rex Zentran figure does not comes with 1/60 Regult kit. The Zentran figure was made privately by Mr. Maeno in his own time and to sell solely at Wonderfest. I asked him if the Zentran figure fit to 1/60 Regult. He said that the figure's toe won't fit into the cockpit. He also said that Regult was engineered at different design shop, and they did not use T-Rex's figure to design cockpit around it.

Edited by Maiden Japan

That's a bummer. All that detail and the figure won't even fit inside...it's the whole reason I got the T-Rex figure. Oh well, hopefully EXO's Zentran figure will fit when he's all finished with it.

To be fair, Yamato never did say that the T-Rex figure will fit the Regult. Nor that the Regult was sized to it.

T-Rex figure won't fit but I'd wager that Yamato will in the near future come out with their own exclusive "sized to 1/60 Regult cockpit" Zentraedi figure.

Or you could chop the feet off the T-Rex figure... :lol:

That's a bummer. All that detail and the figure won't even fit inside...it's the whole reason I got the T-Rex figure. Oh well, hopefully EXO's Zentran figure will fit when he's all finished with it.

If EXO's figure doesn't fit... you can blame EXO.

HLJ sent me a receipt for my Regult earlier today, and I just received a shipping notification. Did anybody else's ship out today?

Yep, got my bill early this morning (about 2am Japan time).

I don't have a shipping notification yet tho.

Payment plus shipping with a 400 yen item was a total of $517. Damn, won't be buying too many more items in yen for awhile till that gets a bit better. Shipping wasn't too bad though, about $30.

The Regult was 38,800 yen, then I had some item on hold that was 400 yen, then shipping was like 2800 yen. To be honest, after this product, I'm a bit yenned out, and I still have two more items that are coming later this year. Should see this beginning of next week I think.