Yamato 1/60 Regult

UN Spacy

I just got mine in today as well. I haven't opened it up yet, but I will tomorrow. I've gotta check if I have any missing parts (the 1/2000 SDF-1 Kurt did came with two of the same hand). I really hope the soldier fits, but I don't have high hopes after what Maiden Japan posted :( .

I just got mine in today as well. I haven't opened it up yet, but I will tomorrow. I've gotta check if I have any missing parts (the 1/2000 SDF-1 Kurt did came with two of the same hand). I really hope the soldier fits, but I don't have high hopes after what Maiden Japan posted :( .

Damn good advice! I'm missing a part! :angry:

I also seem to have two spare bits that are on a sprue... :unsure:

Just did a parts check on mine...All parts accounted for (with those extra sprue pieces). Anyways, I took a couple snapshots of the body piece dry fit so you can get an idea of size. This thing is quite big. The legs are huge. As for the quality of the parts, it's actually quite good. Anybody have any suggestions on type of paint and sealer to use on this material?

post-582-128751961191_thumb.jpg

post-582-128751963535_thumb.jpg

post-582-12875196508_thumb.jpg

post-582-128751968523_thumb.jpg

post-582-128751969633_thumb.jpg

I guess HLJ fixed their error and is now processing.. sigh of relief there.. urghh..

That's good to hear. Just make sure you do a thorough parts check. The first few pages of the instruction book have all parts listed. I've already started sanding and dry fitting pieces. The pieces need almost no extra work. They're made pretty damn well. I fit the entire body together, and needed just minor sanding with a soft sandpaper. Good stuff.

Battle damage! Just put some blast marks around it and you'll be ok.

Ruski, it all depends if people need a pilot and/or the Trex pilot doesn't fit. If it doesn't fit and people aren't interested, I'll customize it for myself. But if it does fit and enough people don't have the figure then I'll make one.

But I know I'll be making a bigger zentran as tall as the 1/60 VF-1 battroid... For sure it's not the official 1/60 scale... hmmm... looking at the size difference between the 1/60 VF-1 battroid and the 1/48, it looks like it can be considered as a 1/48 zentran...

Battle damage! Just put some blast marks around it and you'll be ok.

Ruski, it all depends if people need a pilot and/or the Trex pilot doesn't fit. If it doesn't fit and people aren't interested, I'll customize it for myself. But if it does fit and enough people don't have the figure then I'll make one.

But I know I'll be making a bigger zentran as tall as the 1/60 VF-1 battroid... For sure it's not the official 1/60 scale... hmmm... looking at the size difference between the 1/60 VF-1 battroid and the 1/48, it looks like it can be considered as a 1/48 zentran...

righto, well i'm in for one, or 10 regardless.

Yeah, however I just got a shipping notice from HLJ for the spare part - about 2 days after submitting the missing part email. No charges either. :)

That's great news! I'm glad HLJ was so prompt in rectifying your situation. I'd also like to report that my Regult came with all parts accounted for. So far, so good. I can't wait to start seeing these things assembled and painted up. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until early next year to see mine done. I can already tell the suspense is gonna drive me crazy. Best of luck to everyone in their completion of these monsters. Please keep us posted.

I've started the cleanup process, but no heavy work on it. I'm stuck doing a 1/60 Zentran figure right now, and after that, I'll bust out this kit for the process. Honestly, this kit looks so easy to do, you could probably do it with your eyes closed. My only choice is to weather and/or how much if I do. So far, I'm thinking light weathering. Also gonna do up the decals, since this one is completely without.

Edited by Jasonc

Yeah...that's not happening. Maybe the prerequisite for a Regult pilot is contortionism :D . Oh well, now I can paint my T-Rex figure without having to worry about scratching it up getting him in and out of the thing. Looks like EXO's gonna have at least a few orders for his Zentradi figure (put me down for 1).

On page 1, there's a photo of a painted inside, although not all of it is shown. As far as the raw pieces, they look like you can detail it pretty decently. I'll try to get around to taking pics. I got a lot to do this weekend, including work, so I'll get to that when I can.

The kit is really impressive. The quality of the resin is beyond anything that I have seen. The pieces that make up the pod are thin but strong but it doesn't feel like toy plastic. It feels more like a car part. The engineering is also impressive, it's not a snap kit but more of a complex interlocking system, complex in design but easy to understand how the parts fit together. Some parts does need gluing though. But for anyone to try to compare it to a regular resin kit would be wrong. It's kinda scary, as much as I would like Yamato quit making expensive kits like this, I'd be fascinated to see more of what they can do with this material and design style. Maybe a Glaug or a Cheyenne Destroid.

For such a small girl, she sure has some huge feet! :lol:

I don't think you know what you are talking about.

On page 1, there's a photo of a painted inside, although not all of it is shown. As far as the raw pieces, they look like you can detail it pretty decently. I'll try to get around to taking pics. I got a lot to do this weekend, including work, so I'll get to that when I can.

Yup but very limited so I am curious to find out since it makes up a majority of the interiors.

reguld-scout-cockpit.gif

Edited by Vi-RS

Met up with Jasonc to check out the pod and see if the Zentradi soldier fits...

Make your own man, i'll buy up to 10. lol What a big bastard! To be honest that one that Hikaru took on in the 1D did seem wayyy too big for the pod anyways.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yup but very limited so I am curious to find out since it makes up a majority of the interiors.

reguld-scout-cockpit.gif

The inside looks similar to that...of course definitely not as detailed. It does have that center eye glass display and the indicators and buttons around it, but not in that amount. Also, I don't recall seeing the two manual controls (unless I didn't pay attention to it. I'll be flipping through the episodes to get color for the interior.

Make your own man, i'll buy up to 10. lol What a big bastard! To be honest that one that Hikaru took on in the 1D did seem wayyy too big for the pod anyways.

There's just no way of getting around that. some drew the Zentraedi bigger than they really were. Probably cause it would look awkward having the valkyries going up against napolean sized Zentraedi. It probably would've taken some of the "ferocity" and scariness out of the aliens. Who really knows. Zentraedi did come in different sizes, look at Britai compared to Kamjin. Then look at Kamjin to his other soldiers in the size comparison pic a couple pages back (or previous page). Maybe T-Rex's zentraedi soldier is more like a seargent or lieutenant. Then if you put on the Kamjin head, I guess it makes sense why he wouldn't fit. Ugh, too much thinking for all this stuff.

Exo, if you build it, they will come. (get your mind out the gutter)