How do you like your VF-11 1/60 yamato?

arrow

The VF-11C is my favorite valkyrie toy yet. I could have done without the pink head-stripe, but that's the fault of Macross 7 and not Yamato. :p

I own the old 1/72 VF-11B from Yamato, and how they updated the VF-11 design just blew me away. The way they got around having to do shoulder bars, the arm/shoulder reinforcement for gerwalk/battroid, and how tightly fitting everything is nothing short of awesome. Hell, they even got the internal heatshield working in a method similar to what I had suggested in an ancient thread, where most people argued there was no room for a heatshield and cockpit. Hah!

If you love the VF-11 design, pick one up. This is also the first valkyrie I've owned where it can hold the gunpod out in front of it and maintain that pose. Nice stiff joints! I was also pleasantly surprised it didn't come in a ginormous box with lots of wasted space. I normally don't care about super parts, but find that these ones give it character, and don't make you scared of breaking stuff off (*cough-cough* 1/48 VF-1 backpack hinge *cough-cough*).

One of my favourite Valkyries, I absolutely love it. I have the Macross Plus version, and really, really want the VF-11C. Unfortunately, I'm currently between jobs (moving to NYC for an unpaid animation studio internship, unless I hook something better in the meantime) so toys got shoved to the lowest of my spending priorities when my freelance money became my primary income rather than my toy income.

Get it, get it, get it. You won't be disappointed. I'm just hoping that we eventually get the VFX Ravens scheme.

The VF-11C is my favorite valkyrie toy yet. I could have done without the pink head-stripe, but that's the fault of Macross 7 and not Yamato. :p

I own the old 1/72 VF-11B from Yamato, and how they updated the VF-11 design just blew me away. The way they got around having to do shoulder bars, the arm/shoulder reinforcement for gerwalk/battroid, and how tightly fitting everything is nothing short of awesome. Hell, they even got the internal heatshield working in a method similar to what I had suggested in an ancient thread, where most people argued there was no room for a heatshield and cockpit. Hah!

If you love the VF-11 design, pick one up. This is also the first valkyrie I've owned where it can hold the gunpod out in front of it and maintain that pose. Nice stiff joints! I was also pleasantly surprised it didn't come in a ginormous box with lots of wasted space. I normally don't care about super parts, but find that these ones give it character, and don't make you scared of breaking stuff off (*cough-cough* 1/48 VF-1 backpack hinge *cough-cough*).

I don't have the 11C yet, but I have always loved that color scheme. That is one sweet looking Valkyrie.

Still waiting on boosters for the B. :(

What do you mean? Mine came in the box....

Anyways this toy is awesome I personally think the engineering on this toy is great.

I only have the 11B but plan on getting an 11C sooner or later.

As far as a Millia variant in chili red..... Was this model seen in Macross Dynamite 7?

AFAIK Yamato only has the license for all the Macross Dynamite 7 Valks.

Edited by Loop

I might get a VF-11B next, definitely not a VF-11C because I'm not into buying several of the same figure just in a different color, and the 11C pilot looks retarded. And I will of course never buy 2 or 3 of the same figure because, to me, that's a massive waste of money.

I might get a VF-11B next, definitely not a VF-11C because I'm not into buying several of the same figure just in a different color, and the 11C pilot looks retarded. And I will of course never buy 2 or 3 of the same figure because, to me, that's a massive waste of money.

It does have a pink stripe on the head also that is not very attractive, but I think it looks sweet in jet mode(how I would display it anyway). I also agree The pilot does look like he is a little mentally challenged :lol:

The best transforming toy Yamato has produeced, bar none. Im still on the fence about an 11C, because it's ALOT of money, but i love the 11B

I must be in the minority here. I do love the 11B, but the 11C just looks so much more...bad ass. Of course, if you don't look at the pilot. Ha ha! ;):blink:

I must be in the minority here. I do love the 11B, but the 11C just looks so much more...bad ass. Of course, if you don't look at the pilot. Ha ha! ;):blink:

I think the 11C looks much better than the 11B as well. Pink head stripe and all. We're all in agreement the pilot looks like some horrible blob however.

It was a good choice. It's best appearance is in mac plus when dyson is using it in battroid mode and the noob pilots are fighting rogue zentradi and he manages to stab one with the gunpod. Even though it's a average looking robot he makes it look badass in that one scene.

macross 7 only memorable part for the vf-11 was when it apeared with the extra armour. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Gyah, dont tell me that, I'm still wrestling with getting/not getting one. $230 Aussie shipped is still a hefty price tag though, So i just don't know.

4 years ago when I had a bigger disposable income this was a lot easier. Thats why i have so many VF-0's!

Stupid being married...

It was a good choice. It's best appearance is in mac plus when dyson is using it in battroid mode and the noob pilots are fighting rogue zentradi and he manages to stab one with the gunpod. Even though it's a average looking robot he makes it look badass in that one scene.

macross 7 only memorable part for the vf-11 was when it apeared with the extra armour. :(

The 11C is most memorable to me when (at least) half a dozen of them exploded in every episode. In the same footage.

The pink paint on the sides of the head is scraping off on mine, because of the way the arms transform. Anyone else having this issue?

One more thing to add to your list, eh? :lol:

Sorry to hear that though. No paint has scraped off mine yet.

*cyber knock on cyber wood*

Gyah, dont tell me that, I'm still wrestling with getting/not getting one. $230 Aussie shipped is still a hefty price tag though, So i just don't know.

4 years ago when I had a bigger disposable income this was a lot easier. Thats why i have so many VF-0's!

Stupid being married...

I had a nice huge collection before I got married. About a year ago I had it consolidated so I could buy diapers and formula. ARGH!

Edited by Muzaffar

I love my VF-11. Wish they did the armor... It would be a perfect excuse to get another one :p

Good luck with that. That's what I told myself and we were expecting our kid... hasn't really slowed down much. :D

Tell me about it! :lol: