Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross

Save

But those are good candidates for those who have Yamatophobia.

Speak of the devil, I just won an auction for a new in box matchbox sdf-1, it's the TV version, it's new, and I got it for only $80 after shipping. I'm gonna repaint and maybe customize it with some styrene pieces like I did all my star destroyer models.

Speak of the devil, I just won an auction for a new in box matchbox sdf-1, it's the TV version, it's new, and I got it for only $80 after shipping. I'm gonna repaint and maybe customize it with some styrene pieces like I did all my star destroyer models.

Be sure to post pics when you're done :D

Actually, Graham will release the review on the 28th, presumably morning, HONG KONG Time. That means, folks in US can get to read it by the evening of the 27th. So, slightly lesser wait for you guys

Yeah we will! those of us who have already pre-ordered will either be

A. Jumping for joy rejoicing in Yamato's greatness!!!! :lol:

OR

B. Saying "ohh man, thanks Yamato for this $400 lump of coal I'm about to receive for a late x-mas present..." :angry:

Edited by derex3592

I grew up with TV version, and I have only seen the dyrl 10 years back but I love it.

For some reasons, I like the dyrl better.

I believe you are the majority, that both WAVE and Yamato chose to release the DYRL version.

But personally I love the TV version. Daedalus Attack!!!!!

But personally I love the TV version. Daedalus Attack!!!!!

Hell yeah! Why bother looking like a gigantic robot if you can't throw a punch? Wait a minute, I've just found the reason why I can never take the DYRL? over the anime one... if it doesn’t punch, a robot fortress is just meh. Even the Macross 7, Frontier and Quarter do it!

Edited by Twoducks

It's a very good deal if it's 1/3000 scale, I hope you don't mismatch with the 1/6300 scale.

It's a very good deal if it's 1/3000 scale, I hope you don't mismatch with the 1/6300 scale.

Oh no it's a classic matchbox diecast beast, I usually look for buy it nows but this auction had only 7 bidders and it was below a hundred bucks, here in the states, new, and ending in four minutes from when I spotted it! Good timing, anyhow it's diecast which I've never painted but first comes more detailing, I'll treat it like my classic star destroyer models.

Hell yeah! Why bother looking like a gigantic robot if you can't throw a punch? Wait a minute, I've just found the reason why I can never take the DYRL? over the anime one... if it doesn’t punch, a robot fortress is just meh. Even the Macross 7, Frontier and Quarter do it!

I have a strong feeling this may push Wave to counter with a TV anime version

Which would be ! Sweet!

IIRC, you can see the DYRL SDF-1 do the punch in the DYRL PS1/Sega Saturn side-scroll shooting game.

for the first time after so many ugly valkyrie packaging i kinda like yamato's box art design for the sdf-1.

maybe i'll get this but now i want a 1/1000 sdf-1 macross or 1/3000 macross quarter so that the two are in scale.

for the first time after so many ugly valkyrie packaging i kinda like yamato's box art design for the sdf-1.

maybe i'll get this but now i want a 1/1000 sdf-1 macross or 1/3000 macross quarter so that the two are in scale.

The packaging is nice, but the box art is still bad.

Wave and Yellow Submarine did a much better job.

Are there any die-cast parts? I think the box looks okay, but I could have been better drawn like the vintage 1/55 Bandai. I'm tempted to get one from HLJ at 15% off which I still think its still high. If it gets to about $200- then I will definitely get one. Besides, I suspect gripes on the first run!?

AWESOME!!!! Us model building guys LOVE to see parts that we have to attach!!!! :lol:

Not me <_< I hope these are only spare parts for custom applications...

Paying $300+ and dealing with sprues... only in Gundam Universe!

Edited by charger69

Not me <_< I hope these are only spare parts for custom applications...

Paying $300+ and dealing with sprues... only in Gundam Universe!

IM going to Pass on this. Unless I see it on discount. Looking at these early pics I cant justify the price point at the size of the Quarter. I am very content with my Wave. Now if they make a TV version . SHaaaaBANG!

AWESOME!!!! Us model building guys LOVE to see parts that we have to attach!!!! :lol:

Well Some of us Toy People can tear apart a toy and put it back together better than it was, so this wouldn't be a problem. I think it was Mechamaniac that made a good point. Attaching some of those parts maybe a packaging necessity so parts wont break off in shipping and leaving them in sprues makes sure you don't have missing parts because of the size of the pieces.

The Minmay is part of the Half Age Girls gashaphon collection and the Orguss is part of a new Megahouse Palm action collection IIRC.

half age girls and palm action... only on an anime forum can that be written in one sentence.

I think it was Mechamaniac that made a good point. Attaching some of those parts maybe a packaging necessity so parts wont break off in shipping and leaving them in sprues makes sure you don't have missing parts because of the size of the pieces.

Yes I did. I think it's a measure on Yamato's behalf to eliminate possible QC issues before they happen. By sending you sprues and making you attach the wee bits there's no possibility that they were either left off at the factory or fell/broke off during packing/shipping/unpacking.

Also, as toy guy, It doesn't bother me to have to attach them.