Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross

Save

That's a pretty inspiring pic actually.

Very inspiring, it feels like that collection is now perfectly complete. I will have one of these one day (not today as I am poor as hell). It`s really obviously one of the cornerstone key must-haves for any DYRL Macross Yamato collector.

I am not a fan of the TV style SDF-1 but what I would like Yamato to do or well initilayy maybe also include it with the DYRL style SDF-1 are the battle damaged main cannons (perhaps by making them removable for a quick swap!).

This would not involve a new design and mold for an entire toy, just a couple of parts and would for sure be within their budget!

I am not a fan of the TV style SDF-1 but what I would like Yamato to do or well initilayy maybe also include it with the DYRL style SDF-1 are the battle damaged main cannons (perhaps by making them removable for a quick swap!).

This would not involve a new design and mold for an entire toy, just a couple of parts and would for sure be within their budget!

I'm actually annoyed that the battle damaged cannons weren't included.

Not sure how many are made, but it seems that HLJ is the only e-tailers available. I'm still surprise it even sells at its current retail price in this economy!?

well judging from the posts AmiAmi is pretty popular maybe 20-25 sold just by members here and then counting how many others. Maybe a run of 2000. So if they sell half that is that what Yamato considers successful??? Graham might know. Would be interested to know within the first week how sales are.

Edited by Snail00

If I may ask, is the SDF-1 that is seen in Macross Plus similar to the DYRL version? I'm not that huge of a fan of the SDF-1 itself, but I am actually considering biting the bullet and getting this to compliment my Macross Plus display. I imagine that it would be one heck of a center-piece.

In fact, if someone does own the 1/60 YF-19 and YF-21, is it possible to get a shot of them together with the SDF-1?

Edited by Actar

If I may ask, is the SDF-1 that is seen in Macross Plus similar to the DYRL version? I'm not that huge of a fan of the SDF-1 itself, but I am actually considering biting the bullet and getting this to compliment my Macross Plus display. I imagine that it would be one heck of a center-piece.

In fact, if someone does own the 1/60 YF-19 and YF-21, is it possible to get a shot of them together with the SDF-1?

Yes it is the same one, but decomissioned and put as a permanent monument in Macross City.

Always thought to be the only SDF-type cruiser but fans were proven wrong with the appearance of the Gloval in Macross Frontier.

Never would have thought I'd do it, but I ordered it tonight. Review just looked too good.

I knew I had to have one, it was just a matter of me actually pulling the trigger after adding to my cart several times.

I finally pulled it and I will soon be a proud owner of this :D

Congrats fellas.

Barely two days out and it's already sold out at AmiAmi, Hobby Search, and low stock at HLJ. :)

Hopefully, this is a good sign and will give Yamato more incentive to make a genuine TV-style Macross. <fingers crossed>

Also, are there any comparison pics out there now of this DYRL Macross next to a 1/48 VF-1? :unsure:

Yes it is the same one, but decomissioned and put as a permanent monument in Macross City.

That's Macross II, isn't it (yet somehow they left the main cannon online)? In Macross Plus, it seems to be still fully armed and operational, and crewed.

Congrats fellas.

Barely two days out and it's already sold out at AmiAmi, Hobby Search, and low stock at HLJ. :)

Ugh, I think I probably made a bad judgement call. I should have used my money to get this instead of changing plans and getting some other things. :(

And, according to HLJ, the "low stock" means that if they continue to sell at their current pace they will sell out within a week.

Edited by sharky

Ugh, I think I probably made a bad judgement call. I should have used my money to get this instead of changing plans and getting some other things. :(

And, according to HLJ, the "low stock" means that if they continue to sell at their current pace they will sell out within a week.

wow and I thought I had an addictive personality :lol: :lol:

Relax, even if they run out of stock I am sure Yamato will make more

It's too bad you're in Canada because K-mart had the AT-AT on sale for $50 just before Thanksgiving. You may be able to find it on clearance now that X-mas has past.

Really?!?!!? *%$#%%! I avoid our Walmart like the plague and K-mart closed down here shortly after they opened. I don't even know if any retailer carries it in stock or has it on sale in Saskatchewan......:mellow:

Anyway.....sort of back on topic!

International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada.......which means I'll have it by sometime end of next week......I am more excited about this than I was Christmas this year.:lol:

Edited by logos

AmiAmi finally shipped out my order :D While I agree with many that it's overpriced and I also would have preferred the TV version, I'm still happy I ordered this, especially looking at it next to the Quarter. My only complaints are it's a little smaller then I anticipated and the "some assembly required" aspect kinda sucks as I really have issues with assembly, particularly if there's gluing pieces together. Still, all in all I'm very excited.

Also awesome review Graham! It's going to come in handy when it arrives as I will need a guide to help me assemble this bad boy.

Edited by Soundwave.ca

My only complaints are it's a little smaller then I anticipated

I've noticed that in all the shots next to the Quarter, the Quarter is held up higher by its display stand. Looks like the two actually stand about bridge to bridge, and it's noticeably larger than the old Matchbox SDF-1.

My only complaints are it's a little smaller then I anticipated

I've noticed that in all the shots next to the Quarter, the Quarter is held up higher by its display stand. Looks like the two actually stand about bridge to bridge, and it's noticeably larger than the old Matchbox SDF-1.

wow and I thought I had an addictive personality :lol: :lol:

Relax, even if they run out of stock I am sure Yamato will make more

Yeah, I won't worry too much about the "low stock" or the eventual "sold out " status at HLJ. I apparently purchased the last 1/2000 Macross from the most rescent run, afterwhich the status showed it as "discontinued". Less than a week later it was in stock. I have a feeling we'll see the 1/3000 for some time to come.

Well to make the SDF-1 really stand out I guess you will need to panel line it and maybe touch-up some areas such as all the engine thrusters :rolleyes:

Otherwise, maybe just wait and Yamato will for sure roll out a "weathered version" for double thre price :lol:

I cannot WAIT to get this and spend some long hours panel lining, weathering, adding tiny decal strips and basically making look as realistic as possible!!!! B))

I second that!! ;-)