I hope they make a hi-metal YF-19

onnasake

I really wish they'd release the YF-19 and YF-21. They obviously have a working prototype for the 21, and the other two animated 19 incarnations already released, so I don't get the delay. What's more, releasing a YF-21 would open the gates for VF-22S releases (although they'd probably tamashii web exclusives).

I really wish they'd release the YF-19 and YF-21. They obviously have a working prototype for the 21, and the other two animated 19 incarnations already released, so I don't get the delay. What's more, releasing a YF-21 would open the gates for VF-22S releases (although they'd probably tamashii web exclusives).

i'm planning to get the vf-19s so i really hope the vf-22s of hi-metal comes out asap.

Well, the Hi Metal VF-19S is a terrific toy that I can't endorse enough. It's beautifully detailed and incredibly stable in all 3 modes. I'm hoping that we'll get more M7 and Plus once the line goes back to something other than VF-1 releases. Don't think there's anything UN Spacy from either anime that I wouldn't pick up in this line if they all end up being as sharp as the VF-19S and the VF-1S I've gotten.

Well, the Hi Metal VF-19S is a terrific toy that I can't endorse enough. It's beautifully detailed and incredibly stable in all 3 modes. I'm hoping that we'll get more M7 and Plus once the line goes back to something other than VF-1 releases. Don't think there's anything UN Spacy from either anime that I wouldn't pick up in this line if they all end up being as sharp as the VF-19S and the VF-1S I've gotten.

While I also love the VF-19S Hi-Metal, the fighter mode sculpt is far from perfect. IMO, Bandai didn't really nail the shape of the forward fuselage.

Makes me wonder if they could/would get the shape right on a YF-19.

Graham

Graham

I am a freak and a sinner. I don't like the DX VF-27 enough, and this time, neither the Hi-Metal series.

The Hi-Metal series is okay, but can't say I am impressed. My VF-19 Kai gets floppy quickly after a few transformation, but I'm told I'm the only one with the problem.

I'll continue to buy though. So sales figure doesn't mean anything! :rolleyes:

There hasn't been much news for the VF HiMetal line. Whats the likelihood of it getting canceled like VF100?

They just announced the VF-1 DYRL Super Parts for preorder in Tamashii shop. And yes, it's only Super Parts, not Super and Strike Parts.

In defense of that point, the Strike beam cannon,which is the only difference at all from Super, comes with the VF-1S which is a normal production release, and not a web limited exclusive (which also has a second identical part to change between Strike and Super). Furthermore, the VF-1A was never shown with Strike cannon in DYRL?; the 1As all had Super, only Hikaru's and Roy's VF-1S units had Strike.

Not that I have any love at all for making the VF-1A (which so far has NO production release in the hi metal line) like this and making the super packs sold seperately...just don't think that specific point is a big deal or even a flaw.

I'd NEVER get a 1/60 yf-21/vf-22, or yf-19/vf-19, they're probably my least favorite designs, but, if some smaller scale hi-metals were released I might be game. I know I know we have the blazer and the fire but I hate both of those schemes and the fire valks goofy megazord face, but a hi-metal mac plus yf 21 and 19, oh yea.

In defense of that point, the Strike beam cannon,which is the only difference at all from Super, comes with the VF-1S which is a normal production release, and not a web limited exclusive (which also has a second identical part to change between Strike and Super). Furthermore, the VF-1A was never shown with Strike cannon in DYRL?; the 1As all had Super, only Hikaru's and Roy's VF-1S units had Strike.

Not that I have any love at all for making the VF-1A (which so far has NO production release in the hi metal line) like this and making the super packs sold seperately...just don't think that specific point is a big deal or even a flaw.

It's not a problem for me either... But I suspect some people may want the cannon for an uncanon Super Strike VF-1A. Or VF-1J.

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this thread, but I'd LOVE an affordable YF-19. All I have is a resin kit that I doubt I could build w/out buying new tools and finding the joints to fit it since the dang thing didn't come with them...

I would suggest a Yamato 1/60 YF-19, but you DID say "affordable", so...

• 4 months later...

So Tokyo Toy Show is this weekend and as far as I know, Ban Dai wasn't showing any Macross stuff....certainly not the Macross Plus hi-metals I really want. I guess it's time to pretty much abandon hope of ever owning them.....but I read this:

I was reading an article in (what I think is) the March issue of Figure Oh. In it, a Bandai rep mentions that the plans for the YF-19 and YF-21 Hi-metals are still going ahead.

I'm taking that with a pinch of salt, but we shall see.

I like the Hi-Metal line overall. I have no real complaints about the VF-1's, at least.

A tiny glimmer of hope? Or not....considering the fact that it's June and there was nothing at the toy show? I hate it when cool stuff gets canceled. Oh well.

In the fall of 2001 I moved to Japan with my then-girlfriend. (Big mistake, but that's not the point of this story.) I searched Akihabara high and low for the mighty YF-19, but all I ever saw was the infinitely less-desirable BLUE repaint, which had just been released.

I left Japan and forgot my dreams of the YF-19.....although I'd occasionally check ebay to see how much they were going for. Too much.

I returned to Japan in 2004 without a girlfriend. Much better decision. I would see the toy sometimes in Akihabara, but it was always out of my price range. I once saw it for only $70 or so, but a sticker warned that it was "used and broken." Not good enough.

I never got it. It was always too expensive, just out of my reach, and when it all comes down to it....it's just plain too BIG. I live in a very tiny room...I don't have room for a toy THAT big...it just looks cumbersome.

But it's been over a decade now....I still want a toy of the YF-19 as it appeared in the anime. A few months back I was in my local toy shop and saw the VF-19 from BanDai. "Hi Metal" it was called.

First of all, I think these Hi-Metal are absolute garbage! Clearly, its not as Hi-Detailed compared to the 1/55's line of Hi-Metal Valks to begin with. Second, I see you have a lover. The problem with this is and I'm sure if you asked the married dudes in here that are committed that they too will ask their lover for permission!? Are you kidding me man! Why should a man who works hard and long hours has to ask for permission???!! It like asking her for sex!! I mean, are you not financial responsible enough for her to trust you? Now I'm assuming your girl is a low maintenance chick becuas if she's a high maintenance one.... hah good luck man!

Last, stick with the big boy stuff (The 1/60s) even if you live in a shoes sized box! You'll be much more happier with them, so start saving once you grad!

Edited by Agent-GHQ

Lol. I don't think he knows the meaning of advice. Or hypocrite. Or cockpit, which is where the pilot sits.

after reading the so-called "caveman love advice" (for the umpteenth time in a toy thread no less!), I was surprised he was able to even spell the word hypocrite correctly. :lol: guess when you hear it so many times you just have to look it up! :D

lmfao... at least the board here has a sense of humor despite taking words alone out of contexts, like having alternate connotations. Even if those mistakenly fail to see through a subliminal on the "Head Pilot" part some time ago. Carry on kids... Jr High-Metals

lmfao... at least the board here has a sense of humor despite taking words alone out of contexts, like having alternate connotations. Even if those mistakenly fail to see through a subliminal on the "Head Pilot" part some time ago. Carry on kids... Jr High-Metals

Whatever, Lars. Just keep your dr Phil impersonation to yourself.

Why on Earth would you reply to a one-YEAR-old post with something like this?

I guess he figured since the OP said he had waited a decade for a YF-19 toy, he could wait another year for a response to a query.

Last, stick with the big boy stuff (The 1/60s) even if you live in a shoes sized box! You'll be much more happier with them, so start saving once you grad!

That's your opinion, perhaps you would like to point out exactly what you mean by the 1/55s having more "hi-detail" than the Hi-Metals?

I personally prefer the hi-metal VF-1's to the 1/55s, both of the 1/60 incarnations and I like them on a par to the 1/48s.

Personally, given how utterly broke I am - I'm not angry about Bandai not releasing these immediately. Take your time Bandai - maybe the economy will get better and I'll be able to pick these up...

That said - I'd definitely love to get these in 1:100 scale - the Hi-Metals I already have are very good. I love how the 1:100 scale is in scale with my Mastergrade Gundams.

I do have 2 1:60 VF-1s (one of them is the T, the other is a cannon fodder), and on principle, if I see 'em on sale, I don't have anything against buying yammies - which are great...

But the YF-21 and 19 would work better for me in 1:100 scale. The transformation of the 21 in 1:60 scale was just such a pain in the butt :-)

Pete