I hope they make a hi-metal YF-19

onnasake

I just ordered vf-1 hometal recently and love it to bits. (VF-1S Strike Roy from DYRL) I do not need love advice. She's perfect for her size.

The himetals are really mini-yamatos but with more part swapping on small bits.

These are the one I'd bring to work and put on a desk since they are small enough to not be a hassle to handle. But durable enough that you don't feel like they are going to fall apart when you try to manhandle or put pressure on a peg. (banpresto had that problem, some of the little pegs have stress marks on mine)

If people aren't buying them they are missing out imo.

As for the wife, buy her a ring for gods sake and dress her up in female zentradi uniform once in a while. She is probably pissed that you are not buying her a 1/3000 sdf-1 and wasting all your money on small toys instead of big man toys.

AgentGHQ is full of crap. These toys may not be better than the 1/60 ver 2 vf-1 but they are superior to most of the other crap out there. These actually threaten to compete against the 1/60 line for people who really can't get those due to using their money on other things or just being too poor.

Bandai stop being a pussy and give us news on the macross plus toys. It's not as popular in japan but you guys need us badly to buy your poo so listen to us. Now that yamato has released the vf-19 you should try to focus on these macross plus valks while they still don't have anything on the market right now.

And to those who say "I have no money left" they could at least give us some news about this right? Why are they going all "haromony Gold" on us. We are scared that the himetal line is finished.

Personally I think yamato should try to do a 1/100 pt line of macross zero valks. The zero is bigger than a vf-1 and it shouldn't be hard to replicate what bandai has already done with their vf-1 at this size on a vf-0 which is bigger and slightly simpler than a vf-1 in complexity. (most of the transformation is the same)

What do you guys think? Should yamato experiment with 1/100 scale for the shows that weren't as popular? If they can get us to buy all the macross zero stuff then they can start on stuff that "isn't worthy of 1/60" like the vf-4 and other things.

If I had a choice between a really detailed vf-4 that never comes out due to lack of exposure on a show, or an "ok detail" 1/100 pt toy that actually isn't vaporware then I would go the latter.

Imagine a vf-11 at 1/100?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I definitely agree with everything 1/1 LowViz Lurker said. Each scale of toy serves a different purpose and is meant for a different audience. For instant, my Yamato Valks are really expensive and are mainly for display, with the occasional transformation. The Hi-Metals are great as toys and are fun to fiddle around with, but are still high enough quality to feel good in hand.

Another thing to keep in mind is smaller means you can display a group better. You may not want as much detail since you are viewing it from a distance in a display to put other guys in the frame with the toy. (an example would be a theoretical revoltech Qrau engaged in a zero G space fight against a revoltech vf-1 max to recreate the arcade game duel in SDFM tv series.

Seeing the action further back, you might not be able to make out as much detail anyway. (that's not to say it's not important to have detail on a small toy, just not as much as a larger toy where everything is blown up and your eye can notice things like cockpit or pilot detail looking ugly at that size - kinda like when you watch a standard definition movie on a giant big screen tv in a home theatre room vs seeing it on a small tv in the bedroom. Your eyes won't think the standard definition image is all that ugly if it is squashed down into a small space but it would if blown up onto a large area where the drop in quality is much more obvious)

Having said that though, durability is important at this size since the transforming robots have more moving parts. This is why I bought it because I like the idea of a durable small guy that has ok detail. If this was easy to break or something like that and I had to be delicate with it I would not have bought it. I think that is partly why I want a yf-19 himetal because yamato's is still plagued by the non-locking chest which kinda makes it dangerous to handle in robot mode. :p

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I love the 1:100s. And that's coming from someone that hates small scaled toys. I even got the toynami regult just to go up against them.

Ditto...I even picked up the DYRL color Regults to go with the Hi-Metal VF-1As I had ordered. I'm such a Macross junkie...

Edited by Old Man