The Post Your Desktop thread

Actually, I have been thinking for a while, its not only a good idea to do this, but how about pics of our various computer desks as well.

It's more cluttered now, and I had to replace the keyboard, but the desk itself, the tower, the monitor, and the speakers are all current.

post-187-127683707834_thumb.jpg

This is my desktop-actual... not a lot going on. My new PSP is on the top left.

You are all welcome to ask me to turn in my nerd-card... but I no longer own any desktop PC's. The lack of wire & clutter and abundance of space now is so refreshing. I just don't play any contemporary high-end PC games anymore, and upgrading your system three times a year just to keep up felt like a loosing battle, as the opportunity cost of doing so are the myriad of Yammies, models, and booze that I could be buying instead.

post-9883-127689504543_thumb.jpg

I had the Nanami-theme for a while too... the whole default ka-ching! piro-ring! pi-po! sounds got a bit annoying after a while lol.

I still enjoy the Nanami themed, even the voices. Before using the Nanami theme, I was using the Red Alert 2 Allied sounds, when I had XP, had the nuke explosion for the trashcan. Never used a theme after doing an O.S. change, till I started using Windows 7.

However, I was so tempted to use this for my Vista.

post-416-127690248601_thumb.jpg

This is my desktop-actual... not a lot going on. My new PSP is on the top left.

Man, a desk that clean... 's not healthy. Product of an unstable individual, I tell ya.

I don't have a digital camera handy, but mine has all sorts of junk on it. Random crap like antihistamines and some Transformers parts and shoelaces(your guess is as good as mine).

LIKE A DESK IS SUPPOSED TO!

Man, a desk that clean... 's not healthy. Product of an unstable individual, I tell ya.

I don't have a digital camera handy, but mine has all sorts of junk on it. Random crap like antihistamines and some Transformers parts and shoelaces(your guess is as good as mine).

LIKE A DESK IS SUPPOSED TO!

Yea unstable is a good word! ... at night I liek to sit in the corner turn off the lights, and listen to Linkin Park while I cut myself...

Just kidding about that last part :p ...I am kind of a neat freak, but I just went through spring-cleaning, so a lot of stuff has been discarded. In my last job they tried to "drill" the concept of a clean desk to everyone, it was a company policy.... my buddy would spite them by leaving a single paper clip on the surface lol.

I had the Nanami-theme for a while too... the whole default ka-ching! piro-ring! pi-po! sounds got a bit annoying after a while lol.

I haven't gotten tired of it yet ;)

Luka's mine, Miku's my brother's. I use his computer from to time :rolleyes:. Will take a picture of our desk after I tidy it up.

post-10165-127749254769_thumb.jpgpost-10165-127749258385_thumb.jpg

[edit]image uploader is kinda wonky...

Edited by shiroikaze

That.... is.... awesome. The Sharon Apple wallpaper fits very well with the overall theme. It looks like a global domination command & control interface.

Thank you. Be very nasty to dominate an entire world using a tamed :ph34r: Sharon Apple virus. BTW, I believe the original theme maker gave it a GDI style interface from Command and Conquer 4.

Yes, the trashcan, RSS, CPU, networks, memory meters, weather map and Winamp works.

To have the same setup:

1. You will need to download and install Winamp and Speedfan 4.
    1. You will need to place a shortcut for each program, to your "startup folder" located in your "All programs" taskbar.
    2. Be sure to change shortcut properties to "minimize", when the application launches when windows startup.

[*]Next download and install Rainmeter: http://rainmeter.net/RainCMS/, do not launch.[*]Download the theme here: http://browse.devian...rder=9#/d2oqh0a, download link will be at the right column of the page. Extract the files and place it into the skins folder for rainmeter.[*]Now install the appropriate digital fonts by double clicking them, the fonts can be found in the extracted folder. (There is a chance that the new update automatically installs the fonts.)

[*]Launch Rainmeter, for this theme to work, you will need to run the apps separately.

I am unable to upload the backup file, however here's the wallpaper I used (1440 and a 1024). I tried looking for a cockpit view of a Valkyrie or some other viewscreen, and did not find one.

post-416-127717374991_thumb.jpgpost-416-127717372697_thumb.jpg

Here's the skin for the Winamp being used, song: Santi-U.

post-416-127717477535_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dangaioh

Yeah, that's why I was a bit confused. You see, the Velma I remember from my childhood was a slightly chubby teenager.

see, that's just an illusion created by the sweater. clearly she's got an amazing body hidden under that thing :p .

also nerdy chicks are hot.

My desktop image for the last two going on three years.

post-3328-127713872398_thumb.jpg

Nice pic and cute girl. Who is that?

Thank you. Be very nasty to dominate an entire world using a tamed :ph34r: Sharon Apple virus. BTW, I believe the original theme maker gave it a GDI style interface from Command and Conquer 4.

Yes, the trashcan, RSS, CPU, networks, memory meters, weather map and Winamp works.

To have the same setup:

1. You will need to download and install Winamp and Speedfan 4.
    1. You will need to place a shortcut for each program, to your "startup folder" located in your "All programs" taskbar.
    2. Be sure to change shortcut properties to "minimize", when the application launches when windows startup.

[*]Next download and install Rainmeter: http://rainmeter.net/RainCMS/, do not launch.[*]Download the theme here: http://browse.devian...rder=9#/d2oqh0a, download link will be at the right column of the page. Extract the files and place it into the skins folder for rainmeter.[*]Now install the appropriate digital fonts by double clicking them, the fonts can be found in the extracted folder.[*]Launch Rainmeter, for this theme to work, you will need to run the apps separately.

I am unable to upload the backup file, however here's the wallpaper I used (1440 and a 1024). I tried looking for a cockpit view of a Valkyrie or some other viewscreen, and did not find one.

post-416-127717374991_thumb.jpgpost-416-127717372697_thumb.jpg

Here's the skin for the Winamp being used, song: Santi-U.

post-416-127717477535_thumb.jpg

That sounds bad ass but I get the feeling that I'll need a updated computer to be able to run all that stuff. *sigh*

That sounds bad ass but I get the feeling that I'll need a updated computer to be able to run all that stuff. *sigh*

Actually, you don't really need anything high end or to upgrade. Just need to turn certain programs off, that you don't need running in the background when you PC starts.