Yamato 1/60 Regult w/ pilot

EXO

to quote the first damn page...

Yamato web limited "Regult H.D.P Kit 39900 yen".

so yeah: model kit; Japanese online exclusive; $400+ USD; go f*ck yourself Yamato. :angry:

isn't it the time we should move this thread to the model-kit section?

It is not a toy. :(

1/60 is a scale aimed at toy collectors and it's articulated nature won't appeal to the model builders.

1/60 is a scale aimed at toy collectors and it's articulated nature won't appeal to the model builders.

so what, the bandai Macross frontier models don't appeal to model builders and they're still in the model section.

you build it and paint it, therefor it's a model and should be in the model section.

Edited by anime52k8

If i's so important that it be at that section then why haven't they started their own thread?

It's a collectors forum and this is aimed at toy collectors. These threads aren't physical entities... there can be 2 running threads at the same time.

I understand why Yamato is doing this from the standpoint of failed sales on past enemy mecha. But still? 400 bucks? Web exclusive? Ouch.

I give up on scale. My valks are 1/48. My destroids are 1/60. I guess I will just have to do the 1/100 Toynami battlepods. I could get 16 (before shipping/tax) of the TOYNAMI's for the price of one Yamato (before shipping/tax.

That's easy math for me.

If you want to keep this thread in this toy collection area, that is fine.

However I must disagree what you say about the target audience is being "Toy" collector.

What scale of the product doesn't matter. What material is being used doesn't matter.

I don't know if its articulated nature appeal to model builders or not.

One thing I am sure, it is not a complete model, it is not a toy! And not all toy-collectors are (skillful) model-builders.

Unlike Gundam Master Gade. This is a resin kit (raw material color parts) and it will require some advanced modelling skills (Cement, glue, sanding required)to assemble it and paint it to complete.

I am not trying to start a debate here... it is simply my humble opinion. B))

Edited by macrossnake

I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire or anything, but I'm strictly a toy collector, and this is first on my list of things to get. For me, it doesn't matter that it's an HDP model that I'll have to sand, glue, and paint myself. The fact of the matter is that it's a 1/60 Regult. How long have we been waiting to display a bad guy next to our beloved Valkyries? Forever and a day. I've gotta agree with EXO, this thing is right up my alley, even if I'm no model builder.

I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire or anything, but I'm strictly a toy collector, and this is first on my list of things to get. For me, it doesn't matter that it's an HDP model that I'll have to sand, glue, and paint myself. The fact of the matter is that it's a 1/60 Regult. How long have we been waiting to display a bad guy next to our beloved Valkyries? ........ this thing is right up my alley, even if I'm no model builder.

Ditto, except the US$400+ price tag (before shipping!!) is seriously making me consider my opportunity costs.

I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire or anything, but I'm strictly a toy collector, and this is first on my list of things to get. For me, it doesn't matter that it's an HDP model that I'll have to sand, glue, and paint myself. The fact of the matter is that it's a 1/60 Regult. How long have we been waiting to display a bad guy next to our beloved Valkyries? Forever and a day. I've gotta agree with EXO, this thing is right up my alley, even if I'm no model builder.

Ditto x2!!

I'm in for this release since the first day it was announced ;)

Was really looking forward to this when I heard about it, but $400 puts it way out of what I'd be willing to spend, even if it was a fully completed toy.

Was really looking forward to this when I heard about it, but $400 puts it way out of what I'd be willing to spend, even if it was a fully completed toy.

agreed. I would go $200 for an assembled, painted one. I mean COME ON YAMATO, IT DOESN'T EVEN TRANSFORM FOR F*CKS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

agreed. I would go $200 for an assembled, painted one. I mean COME ON YAMATO, IT DOESN'T EVEN TRANSFORM FOR F*CKS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

Dude... $200? Ask around to see how much Cap's kit was at 1/72 scale, static pose and standard resin not including the pilot. And his was a great bargain at that price then ask around how much it's going for now. It seems to me that Yamato used the 1/2000 Macross to fund the 1/3000 toy. I don't know how or what they're gonna do with this project. I"m thinking this is it for the regult because if they were funding anything with it, it would be around $600 or more.

Cap's kit was $140 BTW. The figure was $50.

i agree with derex3592 in my opinion the macross toys are expensive in general but i cant pay more for a regult that not is a transformable toy that for a valkyrie that is 3 toys in one

again i have to say "yamato shame of you" :angry:

i agree with derex3592 in my opinion the macross toys are expensive in general but i cant pay more for a regult that not is a transformable toy that for a valkyrie that is 3 toys in one

again i have to say "yamato shame of you" :angry:

well I have to tell you that Macross toys are in a very niche market for those who grew up in the 80s. You really can't compare it with modern toys at wal-mart where those were produced in mass with bigger target market.

If you ever asked Graham how many number for each paint scheme on V2 were produced in each run, it may blow your mind. The glory is always on Yamato who manages to bring a complete line of macross toys in 1/60 scale within a small target audience after these toys.

Yeah, not a chance. Looks so beautiful but I'll get Toynami and look to either mod or hope they do a follow up that's more articulated.

I'm getting it ^_^

It's huge, articulated, with an articulated pilot, and it will be a lot of fun to build!!!

I know that the details inside the cockpit will blow my mind. Although being non transformable, it will consist of a lot of nicely engineered parts.

I'm already prepared to take it up my back...

It looks extremely sexy, but for 400, no, i'd spend that much on a 1/60 glaug though, to square off hikaru and kamjin! Best Fight!

Now $400 for a Glaug WITH a Kamjin pilot in 1:60???? hmmmmmmmm.......x-mas present to myself???

Guest sh002

wow didn't know this was $400. they should just release a toy version too and sell it for the price of a qrau or valkyrie.

Dude... $200? Ask around to see how much Cap's kit was at 1/72 scale, static pose and standard resin not including the pilot. And his was a great bargain at that price then ask around how much it's going for now. It seems to me that Yamato used the 1/2000 Macross to fund the 1/3000 toy. I don't know how or what they're gonna do with this project. I"m thinking this is it for the regult because if they were funding anything with it, it would be around $600 or more.

Cap's kit was $140 BTW. The figure was $50.

This still comes down to an apples and oranges comparison between the Captain's kit and anything yamato would do. I'd say it WOULD be unreasonable to expect the model that Yamato is selling to come painted and assembled and cost less than half of what it will; but if this was going to be a General release I would say that $200 would be the max.

the Captain made how many Regult kits? 30~40? Considering that a Yamato Regult TOY would be expected to sell maybe one hundred times that many units, I'd expect more out of their offering for the same price.

all that said, I wouldn't be getting one of these as is for a number of reasons. I'd also probably not buy one if it was a $200 finished toy; I like the Regult, but not that much.

Now what I would buy would be a <$100 toy Regult that's basically a Revoltech in 1/60 scale. I don't even want a little Zentradi figure, and I could care less if it even has interior detail. I would just like something that's poseable and looks good next to the other Yamato toys.

You gotta look at this way.. I don't think they will be producing many of these kits.. plus Yamato is a small company and outsources their manufacturing methods. I've learned to accept that sometimes things are unreasonable, but you also have to see how it would cost the toy company. Remember people in Yamato, they have employees to pay. A toy company has to make some profit. I've accepted the fact that if you really want the item you have to find a way. ... sigh.. overtime here i go.

This still comes down to an apples and oranges comparison between the Captain's kit and anything yamato would do. I'd say it WOULD be unreasonable to expect the model that Yamato is selling to come painted and assembled and cost less than half of what it will; but if this was going to be a General release I would say that $200 would be the max.

the Captain made how many Regult kits? 30~40? Considering that a Yamato Regult TOY would be expected to sell maybe one hundred times that many units, I'd expect more out of their offering for the same price.

all that said, I wouldn't be getting one of these as is for a number of reasons. I'd also probably not buy one if it was a $200 finished toy; I like the Regult, but not that much.

Now what I would buy would be a <$100 toy Regult that's basically a Revoltech in 1/60 scale. I don't even want a little Zentradi figure, and I could care less if it even has interior detail. I would just like something that's poseable and looks good next to the other Yamato toys.

I totally agree. I wasn't trying to defend Yamato, I'm angry I can't afford it either. I was just pointing out that as a price of resin kits, $200 is an impossible price and $400 is more than reasonable. And this as a toy, even though people think it's huge, should really not that much bigger than a QRau. BUT, let's not kid ourselves. Most people are angry because it's Yamato that's releasing it as a kit, if it's was some Joe Schmoe MW member, we'd all be singing his praises and emptying our wallets (including me). I think I rather see it released as a kit than never at all. What worries me is that I just don't ever see Yamato releasing a cheaper version of a 1/60 Regult.

Oh yeah, I love how the pics say "otaku 2" and they credit cybergundam.

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/07/more-yamatos-160-yf-19-kai-at-wonder.html

All I am trying to understand is the fact that Yamato sells the YF-21/VF-22 for around $200+ give or take, it has a pretty complex transformation, is pretty darn large in battroid mode and a LOT of man hours had to go into research and assembly of that particular toy, which I think we can all agree is pretty darn cool. Now, the Regult's don't transform, the design is pretty straight forward and in my opinion would sell WAY more units than the 21-22's, and they want to DOUBLE the price??? Am I the only one who does NOT see the logic here???????? :wacko:

The difference between Yamato releasing it as a kit and Joe Schmoe releasing it as a kit is that Joe Schmoe has not the capacity to release it as a toy. Obviously we'd be thrilled if some Joe Schmoe did this and sing his praise, if he then said "I could have done this as a cheaper toy and made thousands more of them" a lot of the singing would stop.