No Beagle Blow Superior... that blows superior...

EXO

Yeah that was just Hideki Kakinuma spitballing for a new show.

I wish they would make that show happen!

Then again, I'm hoping for that proposed new Megazone 23 would happen too...

Those sketches are awesome, which book is that from? B))

It's not one I own, and unfortunately don't remember where I found that scan. It may very well have been here on MacrossWorld. I apologize to whoever originally posted it for not remembering and citing you.

If anyone knows where it's from, let us know, so I can look for a copy online.

JENIUS - Read the whole review again -you deserve much props for the work you do. Amazing.

I think it bares noting again that Toynami somehow FORGOT to make their book-style binding art into one picture - ie having Scott's left elbow go over onto Rand's art, so that when you stack them all together it makes one image. Its obvious Rand is looking over at Scott - I just don't see how this is missed in production! Didn't matter that much in the end since we never got to see the Rook and Lancer versions where the mosaic image would have really stuck out. Baffling... Its even on the Rand card included! See attached pic!! Scott's arm covers up what I feel like is an awkward arm pose of Rand reaching for his gun too, which make me wish they hadn't missed this even more...

The other thing that bugs me is Scott's face on the binding, it looks like a rabbit or hamster face. I have not heard that complaint from anyone else though.

Speaking of faces - I feel like the Toynami head sculpts are FAR better the the Japanese releases. Ray looks like a Who from Whoville. Stick looks jaundice.

The matt high end plastics Beagle used still cause me to grin everytime I look at the product. They NAILED the aqua and green colors so spot on. Love the little details like a Galant power switch seen so often in the show - awesome.

Wish they would have made the boot middle lights and chest lights out of the same translucent plastic they did on ray's beam cannon.

Still have hope that Yamato will pick up the work done on Fuke and start there - moving onto Yellow if that is successful for them. I bet they have the mold work and packaging already. Yeah, yeah - I know... that's like holding out that Ridley Scott will make another Alien movie - or we'll see a Blade Runner 2 - Oh wait...

post-8486-0-40501500-1317904836_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-23232200-1317904852_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-75643400-1317905052_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

JENIUS - Read the whole review again -you deserve much props for the work you do. Amazing.

I think it bares noting again that Toynami somehow FORGOT to make their book-style binding art into one picture - ie having Scott's left elbow go over onto Rand's art, so that when you stack them all together it makes one image. Its obvious Rand is looking over at Scott - I just don't see how this is missed in production! Didn't matter that much in the end since we never got to see the Rook and Lancer versions where the mosaic image would have really stuck out. Baffling... Its even on the Rand card included! See attached pic!! Scott's arm covers up what I feel like is an awkward arm pose of Rand reaching for his gun too, which make me wish they hadn't missed this even more...

The other thing that bugs me is Scott's face on the binding, it looks like a rabbit or hamster face. I have not heard that complaint from anyone else though.

Speaking of faces - I feel like the Toynami head sculpts are FAR better the the Japanese releases. Ray looks like a Who from Whoville. Stick looks jaundice.

The matt high end plastics Beagle used still cause me to grin everytime I look at the product. They NAILED the aqua and green colors so spot on. Love the little details like a Galant power switch seen so often in the show - awesome.

Wish they would have made the boot middle lights and chest lights out of the same translucent plastic they did on ray's beam cannon.

Still have hope that Yamato will pick up the work done on Fuke and start there - moving onto Yellow if that is successful for them. I bet they have the mold work and packaging already. Yeah, yeah - I know... that's like holding out that Ridley Scott will make another Alien movie - or we'll see a Blade Runner 2 - Oh wait...

There are a few websites I go to prior to making a large Robotech / Macross / Mospeada purchase, and anymoon.com is one of them.

Not only are the pictures great, but the reviews are well broken up into specific categories, the rating system is great and the written reviews are logical and well written. Don't always 100% agree with Jenuis, but you do have to hand it to him, his site rocks.

Yeah me too. I just recently bought the mospeada dvd boxset too because I love the mecha.

Yeah me too. I just recently bought the mospeada dvd boxset too because I love the mecha.

That's a great box set.

Mospeada is one of the only shows that the mecha really grab me. Even up against Macross.

I always hoped someone would continue the story. Or the toy line.

But I don't see it happening.

when WAVE releases some Inbit/Invid ENEMY mecha models I will snap these up to go along with them. But not before. I'll be happy looking at my Robocrap Masterpiece Alphas. Which, I have to say, I finally transformed the red and the green ones the other day for the very first time out of fighter mode after like 2 yrs...(VERY carefully)....but to my suprise, they didn't explode into a thousand pieces!! I am considering tracking down the red and green Beta's just to have them. I found one already for like $75 somewhere online. That's pretty good for still new in the box i think.

This is from the VF-11 thread but I feel it applies here.

The completely made up conversation between a company and a fan

"hey company why don't you make this"

"well we feel it wouldn't sell"

"no totally I'll buy two and my friends will as well"

"ok here's the thing. i'm sorry it cost a little more but we made it how you wanted it"

"naw i'm gonna wait for clearance"

>:[

I'm definitely getting one. I wish this kit was going to be bigger, but nevertheless, it looks fantastic. The first shots of a completed one look a bit over weathered, but thus is the issues with smaller scales...any weathering often looks amplified with small scales.

Got my first masterpiece cyclone (rand/ray/ley) type, and its really cool! But HOLY COW is the rand figure tight. I can barely move is joints, they are so tight.

Also, failed my first transformation to armor mode. I got all the way there, but for some reason, the cavity (opening) in which you place the figure seemed a tad too short, which didn't allow me to line up the figure with the tabs.

*sigh* Can anyone shed some light on this issue? Am I just a moron :p ?

for some reason, the cavity (opening) in which you place the figure seemed a tad too short, which didn't allow me to line up the figure with the tabs.
The bottom tab hooks under the bottom edge at the back of Rand's upper-torso armor. The top tab snaps into the slot at the upper-center of Rand's back. It's a very secure fit.

Without actually seeing what you described, I can't be sure my suggestion will help.

edit:

Alternatively: You may just be having trouble fitting his head through the opening. It can fit, but it takes insane precision. Most people would just remove the head during transformation for simplicity's sake.

Edited by RD Blade

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

She's a beauty, alright... but I just can't see myself putting in the effort to make it really shine at such a tiny scale. I mean... 1/72 will be just under 5 inches tall, for about $40 plus shipping plus time and effort. Just can't do it. :(

Beautiful gunmetal sheen they got on the gun pod. *sigh*

• 1 month later...

When I got word that they got the kit out of Beagle it was said that the Shinobi gear was probably left behind. But then I got word that it was safe. Lo and behold if you look carefully there's the camera right there in one of the pictures. So that's 2 kits we are looking at. 2 expensive kits because that female figure has to be made for the conversion kits.

Reïvaj : lol, I'm trying to keep that little candle burning :)

I really hope you guys are right and a kit of a t least Fuke is on the way somewhere, even if the price is likely to make it through the roof. (I tried to translate the page with google but it doesn't seem to mention a kit there though)

Edited by Frogze

Keep in mind that if it does get made into a kit by way of non-corporate release there will only be a maximum of 20 Fuke and 20 Shinobu or possible less allowed to be produced if sold at an event like Wonder Festival.