http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/09/pg-strike-freedom-26250-yen.html

- Will be the largest PG release in terms of volume when the Super Dragoon is expanded.

- Customized display base is included.

- Dynamic poses are possible using the base with adjustable angle of display.

- Extra finish enhancement for the golden interior that will be exposed in High Maneuver mode and Full Burst mode. Gimmicks are incorporated for the exposure of the parts.

3 major design points:

- Gimmick for the release of the Super Dragoon

* Sliding action of the Super Dragoon is linked to various mechanism of the wing when it's released

- Complete new mold for the movable frame

* Movable joints combine with expandable golden parts

* Further improvement of the slide mechanism of the interior and exterior parts as compared to PG Strike Gundam, which will effectively expose the golden finish parts.

- New mechanism for the joint design

* New joint design for the waist and leg to handle the weight and stress of the model. Durability of the joints is improved while posing capability is retained.

Weapons and accessories: beam shield, beam rifle x2, "Xiphias 3" railgun x2, Super Dragoon x8, display base.

Content: 55 runners in total, construction manual, commentary booklet, LED unit for the head, foil sticker, screw for LED lighting unit, spring x8, PET part for shield, clear sticker.

Packaging size is 600mm (width) x 400mm (height) x 180mm (depth).

December release, 26,250 Yen (inclusive of tax).

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/09/pg-strike-freedom-26250-yen.html

- Will be the largest PG release in terms of volume when the Super Dragoon is expanded.

- Customized display base is included.

- Dynamic poses are possible using the base with adjustable angle of display.

- Extra finish enhancement for the golden interior that will be exposed in High Maneuver mode and Full Burst mode. Gimmicks are incorporated for the exposure of the parts.

3 major design points:

- Gimmick for the release of the Super Dragoon

* Sliding action of the Super Dragoon is linked to various mechanism of the wing when it's released

- Complete new mold for the movable frame

* Movable joints combine with expandable golden parts

* Further improvement of the slide mechanism of the interior and exterior parts as compared to PG Strike Gundam, which will effectively expose the golden finish parts.

- New mechanism for the joint design

* New joint design for the waist and leg to handle the weight and stress of the model. Durability of the joints is improved while posing capability is retained.

Weapons and accessories: beam shield, beam rifle x2, "Xiphias 3" railgun x2, Super Dragoon x8, display base.

Content: 55 runners in total, construction manual, commentary booklet, LED unit for the head, foil sticker, screw for LED lighting unit, spring x8, PET part for shield, clear sticker.

Packaging size is 600mm (width) x 400mm (height) x 180mm (depth).

December release, 26,250 Yen (inclusive of tax).

Nice and a must get only after the reviews come out. After my experience with PG Gundam 0 Raiser im not jumping the gun with this purchase

so, vacuum-plated gold inner frame? I really do love metalic coatings, but not enough to spend $250~300 on a strike freedom (even if it is a katoki). I'd actually much rather have a Gold frame.

also just looking at the gimmicks featured here: http://bandai-hobbyproshop.net/gunpla30th/strikefreedom.html

I've got a bad feeling that the mechanics in the wings and legs are going to work about as well as the locks and ratchets on the PG 00. <_<

so yeah, easy pass on this one. I think I'll be sticking to MG's and RG's until we see a PG unicorn or gold frame.

I'll wait untill I see the final product. Design doesn't look bad, and I could paint the pee colored parts if they look too tacky, but the fragility of the wings could be an issue.

HLJ is betting strong on this one. 20% early bird like AmiAmi.

Edited by Twoducks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf7Q-iwO4e0

I gotta say, this new "gunpla builders" series is a very new outlook on gunpla.

I actually kind of like the theme of applying real world gunpla aspects into the anime, and

the designs are pretty cool as well.

Uh... I dunno, aside from the protagonist Gundam, they are mostly recycled designs. But I lol'd at kuma-Acguy, reminds me of another bear :D

54.jpg

Gunpla Builders looks fun. Why not have a series about people who build one of the most well know model kits in Japan? Now you can actually have your Char-custom Zaku II fight against Johnny Ridden-custom Gelgoog. :D

Uh... I dunno, aside from the protagonist Gundam, they are mostly recycled designs. But I lol'd at kuma-Acguy, reminds me of another bear :D

;)

1/48 MS-06S Char Zaku II!

Okay now I have more incentive to pick up the 1/48 Gundam. Saw the Gundam in person this past summer, looked pretty cool, and I heard it is pretty rugged. Hope we get a green Zaku too.

meh the 1/48s .... probably cant better out of legos but the real grade is where the money is at

Here is my latest build. Being between jobs is allowing me to decal, panel line and flat coat my gundams. THE MR, Flat coat really is bad for the lungs bah!

DSC04612.jpg

DSC04611.jpg

DSC04610.jpg

DSC04613.jpg

speaking of flat clear coats, I was finishing up my MG exia today and decided to give "Mr. Super clear" flat clear coat a try as it was a little cheaper to order than tamiya TS-80. This stuff is CRAP.

stuff made the underlying paint wrinkle and run all over the place and it's foggy in place as if there was tons of trapped air bubbles in the clear coat itself.

this was going over Tamiya TS spray lacquer which will usually stand up to just about anything (and it was almost a month ago I actually painted it so the color layers where fully cured, also I cleaned all the parts so this is 100% on the clear coat.)

I'll probably use the rest of what I bought to seal unpainted kits but I'll never be buying another can of this crap. :angry:

meh the 1/48s .... probably cant better out of legos but the real grade is where the money is at

Here is my latest build. Being between jobs is allowing me to decal, panel line and flat coat my gundams. THE MR, Flat coat really is bad for the lungs bah!

Looks good. Does that stand come with The O kit?

No. Considering how wide the feet are, do you really need it? :lol:

Ha! Making this potato look like its flying might do it for me I guess. I haven't seen much of The O in action except flying - does it ever engage in ground combat?

Speaking of seeing the anime, I'm trying to download a GIGANTIC file right now; [EG] Zeta Gundam Blu-ray (1-25) - 18.6 GIGS!

Do you think this will have English subs? The Blu-ray hasn't been released here yet of Zeta right? Just the regular box sets?

Ha! Making this potato look like its flying might do it for me I guess. I haven't seen much of The O in action except flying - does it ever engage in ground combat?

Speaking of seeing the anime, I'm trying to download a GIGANTIC file right now; [EG] Zeta Gundam Blu-ray (1-25) - 18.6 GIGS!

Do you think this will have English subs? The Blu-ray hasn't been released here yet of Zeta right? Just the regular box sets?

This mecha is not designed for Ground Combat. the Jupiter station is too big and remains in orbit around Jupiter and the inner planets so most of the mecha designs are for outer space combat. This MS has thrusters every where to make it very mobile. No it didnt come with the stand. But it came with the huge adapter for the stand. I love this mobile suit. And the quality doesn't match the criticism its getting. A few points I will agree with it. For 120 bucks I would expect they would include another set of beam sabers for christs sake how cheap can you be! Also you need to add soome electrical tape strips on the hip attachments otherwise the legs will just sag. Great posability from this rather obese mecha

PS dont get into tiffs with your friends especially if they are girls otherwise they are very vindictive. Yeah you know who you are Thanks for stripping me of my post count and stealing my avatar! Actually I helped you with your post count so at least you can be grateful bah I feel like the old hag in Matrix. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Bandai is going to release decal sheets for the EW Deathscythe and The O. Unfortunatly they do not come out until Dec.

I'm trying to figure out why they release decals for kits a good 3 months after said kit is released but I can't seem to come up with anything that makes sense.

Me, I'd say release the decals around the same time, but what do I know.

Looks like Bandai is going to release decal sheets for the EW Deathscythe and The O. Unfortunatly they do not come out until Dec.

I'm trying to figure out why they release decals for kits a good 3 months after said kit is released but I can't seem to come up with anything that makes sense.

Me, I'd say release the decals around the same time, but what do I know.

Only thing I can think of is so that the people who have buy and built their kits as soon as they're released end up finishing their builds before the decals come out so they have to buy a second kit to actually use the good decals on.

That's the best I've come up with anyways. :rolleyes:

Really though I hate the way they do this. I'm picking up the Deathscythe now and I don't want to wait till Christmas to finish the damn thing. Similarly I haven't heard anything about decals for the ReZel which is pretty worrying. I want to do the full katoki bumper-sticker look like the GFFN figure but I'd hate to try that with rub transfers :wacko:

Gundam Newbie - I'm considering the 1/100 Hi-Grade Zeta Gundam V2 and the O to start my Gundam collecting.

Do you mean the O I see in online stores does not have decals? How about the Z V2?

And I have seen the stand the Z comes with which I really like, I know the O does not come with one, but if I want to display them in battle together I need a stand solution for the O . . .

Gundam Newbie - I'm considering the 1/100 Hi-Grade Zeta Gundam V2 and the O to start my Gundam collecting.

Yes...your newb-ness is showing. :lol: There's a 1/100 Master Grade Zeta Gundam ver.2 and O along with a 1/144 High Grade UC Zeta Gundam and O. There's also a 1/144 HG Zeta but that one is rare these days.

Anyways...

Do you mean the O I see in online stores does not have decals? How about the Z V2?

They have stickers with a clear background as well as rub-on decals. Same with Zeta ver.2.

And I have seen the stand the Z comes with which I really like, I know the O does not come with one, but if I want to display them in battle together I need a stand solution for the O . . .

You will need to get an extra Action Base 1 or some large stand if you want to display it.

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?SeriesID=2881&Dis=2

Yes...your newb-ness is showing. :lol: There's a 1/100 Master Grade Zeta Gundam ver.2 and O along with a 1/144 High Grade UC Zeta Gundam and O. There's also a 1/144 HG Zeta but that one is rare these days.

Anyways...

They have stickers with a clear background as well as rub-on decals. Same with Zeta ver.2.

You will need to get an extra Action Base 1 or some large stand if you want to display it.

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?SeriesID=2881&Dis=2

Oh Yeah; MASTER-Grade, forgot. Will have to learn these terms. Tempted to get a Perfect to start, because the size would be darn fun, but I want to stick with one size if I can, and not take up the whole house. Love my Yamato Scopedogs but they're just too darn big. And I think the Perfect Z is about that size or bigger.

So the other decals coming out soon are the water slide? So you can have your choice of stickers, Presto-magics (which come with it) or water type -- I see.

I have not built models in some time, but I really only have experience with the water-slide, then I would probably dull-coat to seal them on. I hate the way stickers look, with the filmy extra around them, even if you them trim down.

BAMP!

First picks from the 50th all Japan model hobby show are starting to trickle in.

Gunpla highlights include:

PG Strike freedom continues to look very skinny and very meh.

RG char's Zaku looks amazing :wub:

MG's:

MG 00 Qan[T] will have a full inner frame this time ^_^

MG GN-XIV (price and release date TBA)

MG Heavyarms, Shenlong and sandrock ver. EW (i.e. Ver.Ka.) painted prototypes, plus Deathscythe hell OVA version. Price and

HG's:

HGUC GM custom and limited edition Unicorn Destroy mode.

HG 1/144 GN-X III, Union flag orbital package and Braves.

HGFC gundam Maxter and hyper mode God gundam.

HG Gunpla beginning G kits (same one's we've already seen plus a repaint Hyaku Shiki)

Also there was a 1/35th scale Core fighter. (probebly an EX kit)

probebly the oddest thing so far:

HGUC EXTREME GUNDAM! form gundam Extreme vs.

10fw9di.jpg

and my favorite thing from the show so far...

peanut-butter-jelly-time.gif HGUC NOBLE GUNDAM!!!(Released Date: Jan. 2011, Price: 1575 Yen) peanut-butter-jelly-time.gif

2el72g5.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

What does the MG 1/100 MK-II AEUG LIMITED give you that the other doesn't?

And from pics, it appears the Hyaku Shiki HD is less shiny gold than the normal MG - true? I prefer the less shiny, but maybe they just matt-coated it . . .

Edited by DarrinG

What does the MG 1/100 MK-II AEUG LIMITED give you that the other doesn't?

A movable waist hopefully? :D It includes water-slide decals and is a slight repaint of the original Mk II v 2.0.

And from pics, it appears the Hyaku Shiki HD is less shiny gold than the normal MG - true? I prefer the less shiny, but maybe they just matt-coated it . . .

It's more matte and comes with water-slide decals. But the mold used is the original 2001 MG release and not the Hyaku Shiki + Ballute System mold.