Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Love fatty boy there!

Proportions remind me of the old Bandai fire valk model kit.

Seeing this, even if fighter might look fat, a lineart accurate battroid VF-17 would be an instand buy from me.

Fantastic pics Save. Great job.

The sculpt looks amazing in your pics, so much better and less chucnky than the earlier somewhat blured pic posted from another site.

I'm really looking forward to this to now. The detail looks amazing.

can't wait for the inevitable Blazer version.

I'm gonna be drooling over and studying these pics for a long while.

Grahm

Opening cockpit hatch in batroid mode, opening leg missile bays, opening speaker shoulders............this toy is gonna have it all.

As long as they can make it with nice tight joints, I will be extremely happy.

Very curious now about the split LERX.

Graham

BOMBAA!!

Opening shoulder speakers? Oh, hell yeah.

Barring any unforseen circumstances, this may be the first mold I will buy ALL variants of.

Thanks Save! Now for gods sake get some sleep :p (thats what im gonna do)

-Renato, in Aichi, thru PSP ;)

Still prefer the proportions of the high metal one better but this does look awesome none the less. Love the battroid hatch, opening leg bays and shoulder speakers.

I too am very curious about fighter mode, i hope it doesn't look like complete crap. Hopefully with a smaller gullet and slimmer front it may still look decent even if the rear is fat.

Wow. That sculpt is incredible and so detailed. It makes me want to get one and repaint it with other colors so it doesn't look so clownish when it gets released in its red, white and yellow colors.

Then again, maybe the production version will surprise me also and I may take a liking to it. We'll see. Ironically, despite it going to have the clown look, it doesn't have the "tiny clown hands" that the YF release had. The hands look fairly proportionate to the rest of the valk.

I'm even more excited about the prospect of a 19F and S variant now (maybe even a P?). I think they will still be able to pull off a good fighter mode. I don't see anything there that stands out that would prevent a good fighter mode. If anything, it might end up better than their earlier YF-19 considering how much more they've improved since the time they released it.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

The colours aren't so bad, so long as they don't go out of their way to make the toy overly bright and shiney. No one ever complained about Max and Millia's red and blue colour schemes.

That said, I've never been the biggest fan of the Fire Valkyrie, I'm hoping Yamato milks this mold. My favourite version is the VF-19P from Dynamite. I could be convinced to pick up an Emerald Force version, too.

As it is, if it weren't for my financial situation right now I'd definitely be down for this one. As it is, I'm making the 1/3000 DYRL Macross my priority, followed by the 1/60 battle pod, so long as they don't wind up with ridiculous price tags.

i dont like the chunky style but for the shoulders speakers and leg missiles i understand but the thing that dont convinces me is that the eyes (visor) probably will be painted and no made in clear plastic i hope that change for the vf 19s

i dont like the chunky style but for the shoulders speakers and leg missiles i understand but the thing that dont convinces me is that the eyes (visor) probably will be painted and no made in clear plastic i hope that change for the vf 19s

Why would you think that?

hi eugimon i think that because i like that all my valkyries have crystal clear visor in fact the only think that dont like me about the sv 51 is that and after see this prototype is evident that the eyes will be paint at the same for the sdf 1/3000 i hope be wrong and only make this for early prototypes because i dont like that in the future yamato valkyries dont come with clear visors

hi eugimon i think that because i like that all my valkyries have crystal clear visor in fact the only think that dont like me about the sv 51 is that and after see this prototype is evident that the eyes will be paint at the same for the sdf 1/3000 i hope be wrong and only make this for early prototypes because i dont like that in the future yamato valkyries dont come with clear visors

hm, I guess. If I remember right, the yf-19's "eyes" were painted on as well. I hope they're jewel inserts as well, but unlike the yf-19 and the sv-51 the eyes of the vf-19 are pretty prominent, I don't think yamato will cheap out and put in painted eyes. Especially after all the flak bandai caught with the dx vf-25's painted eye