HG and Robotech Debates

azrael

Y'know... in The Art of Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles, the "Protocola" vending machine gets better coverage in terms of actual production art than the so-called "original mecha" do.

11.gif

Yep... the Proto Cola machine gets preliminary and final design art, while the "Super Shadow Fighter" gets a single image shrunk down so far that the battloid mode art is the size of a postage stamp, and the fighter mode art is roughly the size of a baseball card.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

I really don't know why I'm so fascinated with the shitty production/concept art from shadow chronicles. Odd combination of morbid curiosity and disbelief that anyone could think this was a good idea.

speaking of disbelief:

Robotech-TheShadowChroniclesJeep.JPG

really...(this is the first time I've ever seen the infamous transforming jeep thing.)

:edit: actually, you know what would make this totally not fail; if they had 4 ride armors transform into arms and legs then attach to it.

Edited by anime52k8

Whoopde F!@#in' do!!! I'm sure that's part of the huge marketing campaign and the biggest thing for the 25th anniversary. Guys, we all better run to Jolibees. They're probably talking about how cutting edge Jolibee's is in the fast food market because they sell Robotech product. Guys, this is gonna save Robotech, just wait and see. The good thing is, it's probably got more higher quality than Toynami.

They're not offering it at all in the U.S., at least in my branch, just pencil holders. But even then, it would suck to be anyone interested not living in California, Nevada (Las Vegas), or New York (New York City), the only places in the country that have restaurants.

I really don't know why I'm so fascinated with the shitty production/concept art from shadow chronicles. Odd combination of morbid curiosity and disbelief that anyone could think this was a good idea.

Really, so was I... and let me tell you, if you're expecting epic levels of suck, you won't be disappointed. The "rough draft" designs are particularly lulzy... with everyone looking like a poorly-proportioned gorilla in spandex. The early draft of Scott Bernard has him with arms so thick that if he put them together they'd be thicker than his torso, and Vince Grant's "rough draft" version looks like The Incredible Hulk with different facial features and intact clothes.

:edit: actually, you know what would make this totally not fail; if they had 4 ride armors transform into arms and legs then attach to it.

So... Voltron of the poo Universe?

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Now I am even more glad to have seperated myself from Memo's side of the Robotech "fandom" after reading what he said to HP here:

HP. WHAT YOU LIKE OTHERS DON'T. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. I ALSO AGREE WITH DOUGH BENDO. HE MAKES MORE SENCE OF WHATS GOING ON IN RT FANDOM AND AS WELL AS WHATS WRONG WITH JT. JT DIVED IN TO FANDOM POLITICS BY THE 3RD EPISODE. ONE OF THE REASONS I LEFT THAT ALONE. CRAP TO ME.

Wow folks,I never thot a man who considers me,Seto and others "flame trolls" would stick up for and agree with Doug Bendo,I read his posts and heard on podcast and thot this guy can't be for real and you folks would not believe my reaction when I watched his youtube vid on how his face is the Robotech fandom.

Maybe seperating myself from some of the Robotech fans is not such a bad thing after all.Sad that Memo and Mav does not "bring it" to defend their sad actions.

Thats crazy,Me,Seto,Robewell and HP drove Memo insane but Memo admires dawg Bendo,how wierd.

Laters,

Pete

Edited by Pizza the Hutt

Wow folks,I never thot a man who considers me,Seto and others "flame trolls" would stick up for and agree with Doug Bendo,I read his posts and heard on podcast and thot this guy can't be for real and you folks would not believe my reaction when I watched his youtube vid on how his face is the Robotech fandom.

Maybe seperating myself from some of the Robotech fans is not such a bad thing after all.Sad that Memo and Mav does not "bring it" to defend their sad actions.

Thats crazy,Me,Seto,Robewell and HP drove Memo insane but Memo admires dawg Bendo,how wierd.

Laters,

Pete

In all of that, what you have are 3 people who have this diluted idea that they're bringing the fandom together. Now, at one point in time, Memo was doing that. While we all planned to have gatherings and whatnot, Memo was there at the forefront to help do that. The problem is, somewhere along the line, he forgot that a lot of these people were good friends, so much as far as knowing his entire family, and all that. Then, somewhere in there, he had this idea that you either have to keep your friends, or devote your life to Robotech and dump those that don't wish to follow that lifestyle. During that time, that's when Memo stopped bringing fandom together, and decided on alienating fans and breaking the fandome apart.

As far as little Dougie, that's just a guy who wants to be so much more that he is, but never will be. I've never heard someone so far off from reality and truth in my entire life, but nevertheless, he still believes all he says just cause it's on a minor podcast. I mean, geez, this guy still thinks I'm trying to "do something" in the Robotech community, as if I cared about starting a Robotech fan group/cult.

You have these two guys that feed off of each other's crap like it's the only food source, and it's why you have so many backwards ideas coming from that region. And this all makes sense by this

I ALSO AGREE WITH DOUGH BENDO. HE MAKES MORE SENCE OF WHATS GOING ON IN RT FANDOM AND AS WELL AS WHATS WRONG WITH JT. JT DIVED IN TO FANDOM POLITICS BY THE 3RD EPISODE. ONE OF THE REASONS I LEFT THAT ALONE. CRAP TO ME.

First couple sentences explains so much in the reason why things are going ass backward. Then,,,Politics??? JT may have dived into the ugliness of politics over an anime, but that's much different than pretending to be a f!@king mermaid, and swimming in it, like the others do.

I ALSO AGREE WITH DOUGH BENDO. HE MAKES MORE SENCE OF WHATS GOING ON IN RT FANDOM AND AS WELL AS WHATS WRONG WITH JT. JT DIVED IN TO FANDOM POLITICS BY THE 3RD EPISODE. ONE OF THE REASONS I LEFT THAT ALONE. CRAP TO ME.

Dough Bendo?

As in Dough Nut Bendo?

Makes sense. He sure doesn't act like a rational person.

Now I am even more glad to have seperated myself from Memo's side of the Robotech "fandom" after reading what he said to HP here:

Laters,

Pete

Yeah when I read that nice little response from memo my brain went *ZZZZzzzzzztttttt!!* completely fried

but if he thinks doughboy bendo is a saint, then that's fine by me.

I personally don't see how anyone can sit and listen to his podcasts

but apparently memo can...

really...(this is the first time I've ever seen the infamous transforming jeep thing.)

Robotech-TheShadowChroniclesJeep.JPG

actually, you know what would make this totally not fail; if they had 4 ride armors transform into arms and legs then attach to it.

Hey thanks a lot for this. Been waiting two years for someone to post it. It's every bit as blah as I imagined anything designed by Tommy Yune could be.

In all of that, what you have are 3 people who have this diluted idea that they're bringing the fandom together. Now, at one point in time, Memo was doing that. While we all planned to have gatherings and whatnot, Memo was there at the forefront to help do that.

Sometimes when I read MEMO's comments, I can't help but wonder if the guy is really serious. Even Mav's are questionable. Are these people really that dense? Surely these rational, thinking beings must be joking! Maybe they're saying these things because they know they will invoke a violent reaction from the "Hardcore Macross Purists" and that gives them pleasure??? These are the faces Macek and Yune wanted for the online Robotech fandom?

As far as little Dougie, that's just a guy who wants to be so much more that he is, but never will be. I've never heard someone so far off from reality and truth in my entire life, but nevertheless, he still believes all he says just cause it's on a minor podcast. I mean, geez, this guy still thinks I'm trying to "do something" in the Robotech community, as if I cared about starting a Robotech fan group/cult.

This reminds me of a funny thing I heard while listening to one of my usual Talkshoe shows. These two popular comic artists (who have absolutely no connection to Robotech/Macross fandom) were talking about Doug's show "Robotech fan", and we're saying how f**ked up the guy is and how he's full of hate and weird issues. I found it pretty damn funny (and sad) how they were describing Doug and how he's the "Robotech Masta". The funniest part came when they said they were half expecting he'd take a shotgun to his head and then you'd hear "BANG!!!"

They also commented on his Youtube vids, which were just embarrassing to begin with.

I think they showbombed the dude, but I haven't heard that episode.

\

This probably doesn't go here but I don't want to clutter up the Aircraft VS thread.

Macross vs. Imperial Destroyer

The Argo/Space Battleship Yamato would own both those ships, The Yamato would also own a Borg Cube and the Battlestar Galactica and U.S.S. Enterprise A-Z!

HappyPenguins

I personally don't see how anyone can sit and listen to his podcasts
I did for curiousity and to see what this was all about.I cought Memo in a big fat lie too,Memo told me dawg Bendu-du made Viper cry over JT or something like that,but I did not listen to the whole show but I heard all 3 talk "Seto,Viper and Bendu-du" but no one cried.

And if Bendu-du is a fan of Robotech then why don't have any Robotech stuff in his vids? I did'nt see one Veritech.Some fan huh? But he has his face :)

HappyPenguins

I did for curiousity and to see what this was all about.I cought Memo in a big fat lie too,Memo told me dawg Bendu-du made Viper cry over JT or something like that,but I did not listen to the whole show but I heard all 3 talk "Seto,Viper and Bendu-du" but no one cried.

And if Bendu-du is a fan of Robotech then why don't have any Robotech stuff in his vids? I did'nt see one Veritech.Some fan huh? But he has his face :)

Made viper cry? yeah from laughing so hard at the idiocy..

I don't think Bendo can get it through his head, that none of us care what he thinks or says about us. I've heard some of the things hes said about me the others, via someone else who listened and "thought I should know" but really, the guy is just a big joke, and those lessoners are probably listening so they can make fun of him. How could anyone take him seriously? Well obviously memo....

Also I realized that by posting this bendo will probably want me to come on his show like he did with Gubaba. I swear Bendo is so obsessed with defending himself to the point he wants to fight with us via his podcast, and for what?

I don't know but all I can say is, he's old news, let him continue to rant, lord knows he'll still be doing it ten years from now =]

Laters,

Pete

"Hi, I'm Gubaba, and I'm a Bendoholic. For years, I would go months without a Bendo fix; then, one day, without warning, the uninvited thought would pop into my head...'I wonder what Bendo's ranting about these days?' I would go to his site, download his latest podcast, and lesson...uh, I mean LISTEN for anywhere from 20 minutes to half-an-hour before stopping it.

"When his rating changed, so you had to log in to see his page, I thought the problem was solved. I had no desire to create an account, so I figured I'd never lesson to him again. Er, I mean LISTEN. LISTEN to him again.

"But then, I heard he was talking about Macross World. So I created an account, logged in and snatched the podcast. I...LISTENED...to the whole thing. He was so wrong about everything that I was seriously embarrassed for him. After it was done, I felt ashamed, as I always do after...LISTENING...to his podcasts. I proceeded to delete the ten or eleven podcasts I had amassed off my hard drive, and I logged out of his site.

"That was in December. I've been clean and sober for almost three months. What's more, I find my craving has abated, and I no longer feel even the remotest urge to less...LISTEN to his podcast. What's more, I can't remember my talkshoe password, so even if I wanted to check out his podcast, I couldn't.

"And now, LIFE IS GREAT!!!" ^_^

Edited by Gubaba

First couple sentences explains so much in the reason why things are going ass backward. Then,,,Politics??? JT may have dived into the ugliness of politics over an anime, but that's much different than pretending to be a f!@king mermaid, and swimming in it, like the others do.

It both does and doesn't make sense at the same time. Memo likes Doug's show over JT's by default because he doesn't call him out for the crazy things he does, for the good of the franchise, and Doug lashes out at JT and others for petty crap, for the good of the franchise. Hopefully, Memo stops by this post, because I know for a fact Doug has also said many unflattering things about him as well over the years, especially about that tuna fish hat. The person he's defending has had no problem tearing him a new one many times over the years for the same petty crap. If it still matters at this point, he might want to fact check this for himself. But I guess here, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Or at least, the closest thing to competition to this guy, no matter the quality, is better than the one criticizing me at the moment by default.

Edited by Einherjar

The yune-jeep thing could work if it didn't have such small legs with a huge shoulders and a little gun in hand but having a cannon on its back.

It makes me wonder if its infantry or a heavy support type.

If that's the Silverback I've been hearing about, it's a liability type, prone to sniper rifles/campers or punches to the face. :lol:

Edited by Einherjar

"Hi, I'm Gubaba, and I'm a Bendoholic. For years, I would go months without a Bendo fix; then, one day, without warning, the uninvited thought would pop into my head...'I wonder what Bendo's ranting about these days?' I would go to his site, download his latest podcast, and lesson...uh, I mean LISTEN for anywhere from 20 minutes to half-an-hour before stopping it.

"When his rating changed, so you had to log in to see his page, I thought the problem was solved. I had no desire to create an account, so I figured I'd never lesson to him again. Er, I mean LISTEN. LISTEN to him again.

"But then, I heard he was talking about Macross World. So I created an account, logged in and snatched the podcast. I...LISTENED...to the whole thing. He was so wrong about everything that I was seriously embarrassed for him. After it was done, I felt ashamed, as I always do after...LISTENING...to his podcasts. I proceeded to delete the ten or eleven podcasts I had amassed off my hard drive, and I logged out of his site.

"That was in December. I've been clean and sober for almost three months. What's more, I find my craving has abated, and I no longer feel even the remotest urge to less...LISTEN to his podcast. What's more, I can't remember my talkshoe password, so even if I wanted to check out his podcast, I couldn't.

"And now, LIFE IS GREAT!!!" ^_^

What we need is somebody to take some choice Bendo quotes and remix them to a backing track, then they could have a feem toon for the RTLAM!

Taksraven

** Edited **

Folks has no sense of humor and damn me for "racism" but we continue with crazy gossip of who is worse than others.

No sense of humor.

Edited by Pizza the Hutt

How about this,

Just change "watermelon" to Protoculture and rename some folks to Memo and Doug and I guess Seto's shadow scaring them off "Nas a is comin"

Ewww. Not cool, Pizza. Not cool. :angry:

No need for racism here.

Edited by Gubaba

How about this,

Just change "watermelon" to Protoculture and rename some folks to Memo and Doug and I guess Seto's shadow scaring them off "Nas a is comin"

Funny how in one topic you've found god regarding cursing, but here you are racest as all f^ck.

Priorities?

The yune-jeep thing could work if it didn't have such small legs with a huge shoulders and a little gun in hand but having a cannon on its back.

It makes me wonder if its infantry or a heavy support type.

Nah, what's REALLY messed up is that the enormous twin-linked railgun on its back is supposed to be a pair of the same model as the one carried by the "Super Cyclone", but is completely out of scale. We'll never know exactly what the VM-9L Silverback was meant for, since the damnable thing never actually sees combat in its sole appearance in the background of the 4th issue of Robotech: Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles.

If that's the Silverback I've been hearing about, it's a liability type, prone to sniper rifles/campers or punches to the face. :lol:

Okay, so they've been taking pointers from the mechanical designers of Southern Cross... leaving the pilot exposed to everything from shrapnel to small arms fire.

Funny how in one topic you've found god regarding cursing, but here you are racest as all f^ck.

Priorities?

Jeeze man,

Some folks has no sense of humor or soft skinned or completly ignorant of what Doug Bendu-du was upto lately and how he has slandered many Macross fans and Macross itself along with other Robotech fans.

So I edited the thread since no one has a sense of humor now a days.I just wanted to add funny to this "fan war"

By the way Kieth,I am half Native American and half British so I am not racist.

Jeeze man,

Some folks has no sense of humor or soft skinned or completly ignorant of what Doug Bendu-du was upto lately and how he has slandered many Macross fans and Macross itself along with other Robotech fans.

So I edited the thread since no one has a sense of humor now a days.I just wanted to add funny to this "fan war"

This is so wrong-headed on so many levels that I don't even know where to begin.

Just...think before you post. <_<

This is so wrong-headed on so many levels that I don't even know where to begin.

Just...think before you post. <_<

So I am told to think before I post,but no one else tells me or others to think when Robotech and said certain people of Robotech are bagged on worse than "racist" remarks?!

Good point Gubs,By the way,get a sense of humor :)

Edited by Pizza the Hutt

So I am told to think before I post,but no one else tells me or others than when Robotech and said certain people of Robotech are bagged on worse than "racist" remarks?!

Good point Gubs,

If I have to explain the difference between preferring one cartoon more than another, and racist caricatures, then...well...what can one say to that?

Have you read the forum rules?

Jeeze man,

And you were doing so well, too...

This has nothing to do with 'Soft-skinned' or no sense of humor. It has to do with the fact that, aside from the forum rules, this kind of thing is just not neccessary. Leave the BS hate-mongering to the RT Lunatic Fringe. It doesn't belong here.

This is NOT the RT: Warzone. You want to to discuss RT, here ya go, nice sandbox and all. Buh bye! If you make me come in here to deal with racist crap or stuff or other whatnot crap I'm going to start selecting which hammer to use.

5lb?

10lb?

50lb?

hmmm.....decisions decision.....

Jeez... I hate the "I have plenty of black friends excuse, I'm not racist" excuse.

But the real issue here, as I said before is that people join the forums not to argue about Robotech but about the Robotech fandom and the few that seem to think that this is where their 15 minutes belong. Robotech is not even relevant anymore but who stands where seems to be. I'm gonna ban Pizza the Hutt and any one else that thinks that the only reason to come to Macrossworld is to extend their pathetic net-worth. You shoulda waited for the movie to come out before joining here. At least fight for something someone else cares about.