HG and Robotech Debates

azrael

It's like the Filipino McDonalds with a giant bee as the Mascot.

Oh, I get it. Silly me...

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven

AFAIK the Philippines is a Macross country. There are a lot of Macross fans here, and only a few ever remembered Robotech. I guess HG is trying to tap into the Filipino fanbase?

Moly Sigang

One more, one more Chicken Joy!

Edited by Moly_Sigang

AFAIK the Philippines is a Macross country. There are a lot of Macross fans here, and only a few ever remembered Robotech. I guess HG is trying to tap into the Filipino fanbase?

Moly Sigang

One more, one more Chicken Joy!

CEASE AND DESIST!!!!

Kidding aside, I ate there just this morning and I didn't see no Robotech/Macross promos... I'll have to check out their more popular branches. Macross toys for the kiddies!!!

DSC_0061-1.jpg

I wholeheartedly agree that Harmony Gold has nothing to gain from the Filipino fanbase. You can get the full series for a few dollars plus Shadow Chronicles at one of our many pirate havens though (often in mainstream malls!). HG can start marketing there...

CEASE AND DESIST!!!!

Kidding aside, I ate there just this morning and I didn't see no Robotech/Macross promos... I'll have to check out their more popular branches. Macross toys for the kiddies!!!

DSC_0061-1.jpg

I wholeheartedly agree that Harmony Gold has nothing to gain from the Filipino fanbase. You can get the full series for a few dollars plus Shadow Chronicles at one of our many pirate havens though (often in mainstream malls!). HG can start marketing there...

Haha, HG will run out of paper if they're going after each and every vendors in Divisoria! :p

Haha, HG will run out of paper if they're going after each and every vendors in Divisoria! :p

I love this idea! :lol:

When i saw those i was kind of amused, but then i went "Robotech? really, Jollibee? Robotech? shameful..."

This is a company run by people/their kids who are most likely big anime fans. Oh the tragedy...

Then again, they had Voltron & Power Rangers toys before, so it shouldn't be much of a surprise.

"Big Corporation Ignorance for Profit" is standard practice I suppose. :rolleyes:

These things are roughly $2 a piece (w/ free food & drink) over here. Not a bad deal I guess.

The VF-1s might be the best looking one, but it's extremely hollow. People could probably make it look respectable w/ a lot of workbench time.

...assuming one is too poor to afford real Macross merchandise of the same size.

I love this idea! :lol:

When i saw those i was kind of amused, but then i went "Robotech? really, Jollibee? Robotech? shameful..."

This is a company run by people/their kids who are most likely big anime fans. Oh the tragedy...

Then again, they had Voltron & Power Rangers toys before, so it shouldn't be much of a surprise.

"Big Corporation Ignorance for Profit" is standard practice I suppose. :rolleyes:

Who knows? This could all be a test market scenario with very little risk, but high returns. Then it will appear in the other branches.

Who knows? This could all be a test market scenario with very little risk, but high returns. Then it will appear in the other branches.

Or, knowing Harmony Gold, it could be a test market scenario where the product will bomb and Harmony Gold will quietly shift the blame elsewhere to keep the fans from realizing they aren't a bunch of incompetent bellends.

Atleast those Valkeries looks more sturdy than those pathetic excuse for a Masterpiece Maia VFA-6ZX..No worries folks,I won't rant here about how my 2nd Maia "Reissue" is a defect too (but if the mods say its okay then I will either post here or PM my friends here).

While on the subject,Since Maia is more than likely my last "collector toy" I ever plan to buy,any Macross collecters has had any bad luck with defects? because either I am not looking in the right forums or most VF-25s and Valkeries are sturdy,one person said at RtX that his VF-25 fell on the floor and did not break so I hardly see complaints on Macross products.

I sure am glad I did not get that Garland (MODAT) from Megazone23.Which Macross VF company is better? Bandai or Yamato?

I hate Toynami!

Atleast those Valkeries looks more sturdy than those pathetic excuse for a Masterpiece Maia VFA-6ZX..No worries folks,I won't rant here about how my 2nd Maia "Reissue" is a defect too (but if the mods say its okay then I will either post here or PM my friends here).

While on the subject,Since Maia is more than likely my last "collector toy" I ever plan to buy,any Macross collecters has had any bad luck with defects? because either I am not looking in the right forums or most VF-25s and Valkeries are sturdy,one person said at RtX that his VF-25 fell on the floor and did not break so I hardly see complaints on Macross products.

I sure am glad I did not get that Garland (MODAT) from Megazone23.Which Macross VF company is better? Bandai or Yamato?

I hate Toynami!

Have you looked here yet?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showforum=4

Oh ya,but I have not seen any "I hate Bandai" or "Yamato screwed me" threads so I assumed not many folks complained,

But thanks for that direction,since my PS3 is not letting me play I will use it to surf that forum,,If I did'nt know better,I'd say Toynami made some of the "fat" PS3 and part of the "network" is ran by rt.com because same quality and customer care at this time.

Oh ya,but I have not seen any "I hate Bandai" or "Yamato screwed me" threads so I assumed not many folks complained,

what forum have you been browsing? :huh:

pretty much ever thread in the toy section is "X brand sucks and there products are crap and I'm never buying from them again until the next time I do." at some point or another.

as for bandai VF's vs Yamato VF's: Yamato's will always catastrophically brake in some way (usually right out of the box); they also cause Cancer, autism and global warming. Bandai's are floppy, chunky, have terrible paint and the money made from selling them is used to finance terrorism.

Edited by anime52k8

Atleast those Valkeries looks more sturdy than those pathetic excuse for a Masterpiece Maia VFA-6ZX..No worries folks,I won't rant here about how my 2nd Maia "Reissue" is a defect too

It's just another tragic example of how the Harmony Gold staffers in charge of Robotech have come to view the fans not as people to be listened to, but as a herd of gullible idiots who'll buy anything provided the word "Robotech" is on the box. Sadly, like their belief that nobody wants Masters Saga merchandise, they have good cause to think this way. The die-hard fans are so desperate for something new to validate their blind faith in Harmony Gold that they don't care if what they're buying has nothing to do with Robotech as long as the Robotech logo's on the box.

Kind of surprised fans didn't cancel their preorders of the Maia MPC v2 when Harmony Gold went back on its word to have the unit manufactured in a different factory. Hell, I'm still trying to figure out where "VF/A-6ZX" came from, since it's not used in any of the promotional materials, artbooks, or anything else.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

what forum have you been browsing? :huh:

pretty much ever thread in the toy section is "X brand sucks and there products are crap and I'm never buying from them again until the next time I do." at some point or another.

It's just another tragic example of how people think all this place is a HG-bitching session. :rolleyes:

Now THAT'S a Seto-impression.

It's just another tragic example of how the Harmony Gold staffers in charge of Robotech have come to view the fans not as people to be listened to, but as a herd of gullible idiots who'll buy anything provided the word "Robotech" is on the box. Sadly, like their belief that nobody wants Masters Saga merchandise, they have good cause to think this way. The die-hard fans are so desperate for something new to validate their blind faith in Harmony Gold that they don't care if what they're buying has nothing to do with Robotech as long as the Robotech logo's on the box.

See? I told ya...

Harmony Gold is using Robotech as a front of a Zealot Religious Cult...

...Next it'll be TERRORISM!!!

Then WORLD DOMINATION!!! - well, I say "World Domination", really, HG couldn't be F*d about anything past North America... :lol:^_^

Regarding Macross and Robotech in the Philippines...

Only the "Robotech Masters" and "New Generation" sagas of Robotech aired in the Philippines, as Macross had already been locally dubbed in English. As for Jollibee selling RT kids' meal toys, this I got to see, as their kids' meals constantly outsell McDonald's in the country (especially last year, when they sold merchandise for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen).

Eh? What's the cliff notes on the Super Shadow Fighter and Synchro Beta? I've heard the latter mentioned before, but where does its Synchro cannon go?

Only the "Robotech Masters" and "New Generation" sagas of Robotech aired in the Philippines, as Macross had already been locally dubbed in English. As for Jollibee selling RT kids' meal toys, this I got to see, as their kids' meals constantly outsell McDonald's in the country (especially last year, when they sold merchandise for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen).

I'm just disappointed that it seems the other sagas didn't get their "due" in the promo. I would have been interested if there was a Hovertank toy. As it stands, it's still a pretty good deal.

as for bandai VF's vs Yamato VF's: Yamato's will always catastrophically brak in some way (usually right out of the box);

I'll be honest that I almost panicked when I read somewhere here that the 1/60 Yamato I own had some problem with the shoulder. I admit thought that the entire Alpha fighter line of Toynami is a pretty pathetic (albeit humorous).

Eh? What's the cliff notes on the Super Shadow Fighter and Synchro Beta? I've heard the latter mentioned before, but where does its Synchro cannon go?

Um... well, I guess I get to be the one to field this question since nobody else has a copy of The Art of Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles and Harmony Gold is holding off on updating the Infopedia to persuade people to buy the damned thing...

According to the ridiculously brief article on the Super Shadow Fighter and Synchro Beta, which occupies around half of a two-page spread on pages 84 and 85 of The Art of Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles, the so-called "Super Shadow Fighter" is pretty much exactly what the name implies... a VF/A-6X Shadow Fighter equipped with a Macross-style set of super parts. Almost no hard data on the packs is available, but the packs contain boosters, verniers, and missiles, and consists of a pair of dorsal packs mounted on the top of the wing root that look like slimmed-down versions of the VF-1's super parts, and packs on the forearm and outside of the lower leg. The vernier arrangement on the packs looks like it was drawn up by someone who had no clue what he was doing, as several verniers on the dorsal wing-root packs point directly inwards towards the fighter's built-in dorsal missile launchers... an accident waiting to happen. The so-called "Synchro Beta" was developed as a companion craft for the Super Shadow Fighter, and is officially the "Super Shadow Beta Fighter". Its only noticeable difference from a normal Beta/TREAD is that it has an atrocious black and purple paintjob and a small dorsal booster in the little "valley" between the upper two engines, which contains an internal missile launcher in the front that's so large it has to occupy at least 90% of the booster's internal space (leaving it little more than a nozzle), to which the synchro cannon attaches. Under normal circumstances, that synchro cannon points forward over the top of the shadow fighter from the depression between the Beta's two top engines.

Oh, and I found where that stupid "VF/A-6ZX" designation for Maia's fighter came from... pg83 of AoTSC. They mention that the "squad leader" Shadow fighters have a Z-type head.

Okay...twenty-five years ago today, the wee laddie I used to be sat down with his friend to watch something called "Codename: Robotech." I was rather unimpressed at first, until they showed a Valkyrie, and I suddenly exclaimed, "No way! This is Macross!!"

My friend said, "What's that?" Thus beginning a pattern that would recycle itself endlessly throughout various permutations over the next quarter-century.

And so, in honor of the occasion, I'm gonna watch DYRL. And maybe follow it up with Mospeada: Love Live Alive.

Edited by Gubaba

Okay...twenty-five years ago today, the wee laddie I used to be sat down with his friend to watch something called "Codename: Robotech." I was rather unimpressed at first, until they showed a Valkyrie, and I suddenly exclaimed, "No way! This is Macross!!"

My friend said, "What's that?" Thus beginning a pattern that would recycle itself endlessly throughout various permutations over the next quarter-century.

And so, in honor of the occasion, I'm gonna watch DYRL. And maybe follow it up with Mospeada: Love Live Alive.

Blasphemy!!

You will watch RTSC in a marathon and try not kill or cause bodily injury to yourself or others.

Well, at least Yamato takes notice of the problems and communicates with their fans about their plans. Harmony Gold just plugs its ears and lets its piss poor contractors pump out garbage.

Don't forget the part where HG will be offended by your "rude & illegitimate criticism" and they "suspend" your posting privileges for "inappropriately badmouthing" their product. :lol:

HG, such a fun company... :rolleyes:

Blasphemy!!

You will watch RTSC in a marathon and try not kill or cause bodily injury to yourself or others.

Impossible! If a reserved chap with a high tolerance for Robotech bullshit like me can't even get through the first 20 minutes without trying to throw something or yank the DVD out and snap it in half, there's no way any human being could marathon it over and over again without it ending in a murder-suicide.

Protocola!

Y'know... in The Art of Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles, the "Protocola" vending machine gets better coverage in terms of actual production art than the so-called "original mecha" do.

Y'know... in The Art of Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles, the "Protocola" vending machine gets better coverage in terms of actual production art than the so-called "original mecha" do.

11.gif