WHAT'S CURRENTLY SHIPPING OR SHIPPING ISSUES...

pondo

FINALLY!!! Sold of my MP04 for a VF-11B.

And two thumbs up for HKCollectibles...I just confirmed my purchase this morning and lo! HKC responded by mailing it straight away this evening...

p/s: Thru the invoice, I noticed the seller's nickname is Caju Tree, someone who I used to trade before thru ebay. I'm glad becoz my previous dealings with him are professionally handled. ^_^

So what does HLJ mean when they say "until allotted stock runs out?" Does the Free Express Shipping promo only apply to certain items?

I've checked that out and it seems that this offer is valid for any purchase, according to their promo page. If anybody finds out otherwise please correct me though. Scored me a box of 1/144 Chara-Works vol 2 and some kits on sale.

Edit: I just got invoiced, sans any delivery charges. ^_^ Perhaps HLJ are treating the free shipment itself as "allocated stock", doesn't make much sense but I could not find any special list of items that qualifies for the promo, unlike the last run which was pretty upfront.

Edited by raptormesh

I think all that the "until allotted stock runs out" bit means is that the offer is only good for items currently in stock, ie, if you order something that's waiting for a restock, you won't get the shipping deal once it's back in stock again.

I finally broke down and got myself a 1/60 TV cannon fodder, as well as the Hikaru VF-1S+ version, bringing my collection of VF-1s to what I'm going to call a perfect 10, and stop. I was kind of planning to get a TV stand alone Roy, but considering I've already got the DYRL one, the only thing I'd really be getting was a new pilot. And, since separate DYRL-style strike packs seem to have vaporized into thin air, this was probably the only way I'd get a second set. In the end, I did get a second VF-1S, which is what I'd planned for to begin with, and just traded a tv Roy figure for strike packs, and markings a little more different than a change of head arrow colors. ^_^

Aside from that though, I stocked up on a few modeling supplies I'd been hearing a lot about in various build-up threads. Picked up enough Tamiya masking tape to last me a good while, some Mr Mark Softer and Setter, Mr Surfacer, and a few Tamiya paint supplies (bottles and colors). This free shipping deal apparently drained their selection severely, but I still got a couple important colors (for a heck of a lot cheaper than my local hobby shop to boot).

Sad, I almost convinced myself to buy an armored Ozma kit too, but I think I'll wait for a sale on that one. It's impressive to be sure, but not $90 impressive, and I've already got 8 other Frontier kits to build from their previous sale.

The HLJ free shipping promo has ended - "Due to incredible demand, our allotted stock has sold out much quicker than expected, and the campaigned ended at 6pm JST June 9"

Looks like my guess was roughly on the money? :huh:

THOSE FREAKING BASTICHES. I just got the Paypal invoice, and they charged me freaking $60 for shipping. mad.gif

I placed the order way before they ever announced them killing the free shipping deal, around 11pm PST on tuesday, which would be 3pm JST on wednesday June 9, with the 16 hour time difference. The sale ended at 6pm.

WHAT THE HELL?? I'm gonna be sending HLJ a nasty complaint letter tonight. dry.gif

Edited by Chronocidal

I ordered a Robot Tamashii M9D Falke and a few more Mechanical Chain Bases from HLJ the day the Paypal free shipping offer started, and didn't even realize I wasn't charged for EMS shipping until I got my order confirmation email.

Well well well.....My first deal through HK Collectibles turns out to be a wonderful experience. I made the payment on Monday morning (see my previous post ), and the package reaches me yesterday just before noon! Kudos to the fellas over in the HKC and the HK Postal service! :lol:

4684358686_260fe7383c.jpg

*and nicely packed too...

THOSE FREAKING BASTICHES. I just got the Paypal invoice, and they charged me freaking $60 for shipping. mad.gif

I placed the order way before they ever announced them killing the free shipping deal, around 11pm PST on tuesday, which would be 3pm JST on wednesday June 9, with the 16 hour time difference. The sale ended at 6pm.

WHAT THE HELL?? I'm gonna be sending HLJ a nasty complaint letter tonight. dry.gif

WTF?! That is so friggin' messed up! I bought a VF-0A and a VF-1J Hikaru (my first ever 2-item purchase from HLJ) from them at about the same time--thankfully, the order confirmation came with "Paypal Free Shipping" on the email title. Can I breathe a little easier now? :ph34r:

Damn, shouldn't they keep with the announced closure date instead of pulling the carpet from under your feet like that?! "Allotted stock", indeed.... <_<

WTF?! That is so friggin' messed up! I bought a VF-0A and a VF-1J Hikaru (my first ever 2-item purchase from HLJ) from them at about the same time--thankfully, the order confirmation came with "Paypal Free Shipping" on the email title. Can I breathe a little easier now? :ph34r:

Damn, shouldn't they keep with the announced closure date instead of pulling the carpet from under your feet like that?! "Allotted stock", indeed.... <_<

Just wondering if you were aware that there is another little box for you to tick under Paypal method. ie. you need to tick two little boxes under Paypal during check-out. If you overlooked it, you could write in and explain to HLJ. I am sure they would be happy to accept your reason and amend it for you as I experienced the same thing like this last year.

Just wondering if you were aware that there is another little box for you to tick under Paypal method. ie. you need to tick two little boxes under Paypal during check-out. If you overlooked it, you could write in and explain to HLJ. I am sure they would be happy to accept your reason and amend it for you as I experienced the same thing like this last year.

Actually, I signed up for the Paypal Billing Agreement, so everything is basically automatic for me. In any case, since their order confirmation email just arrived today, and was titled Paypal Free Shipping, I think I'm safe.

BTW, I haven't noticed the two boxes you mentioned. What's that about?

Actually, I signed up for the Paypal Billing Agreement, so everything is basically automatic for me. In any case, since their order confirmation email just arrived today, and was titled Paypal Free Shipping, I think I'm safe.

BTW, I haven't noticed the two boxes you mentioned. What's that about?

If not mistaken, once you ticked the PayPal as your preferred payment mode, you still need to tick another one for Paypal billing agreement parked right under Paypal which may seem not noticeable easily.

If not mistaken, once you ticked the PayPal as your preferred payment mode, you still need to tick another one for Paypal billing agreement parked right under Paypal which may seem not noticeable easily.

Yup but that only needs to be done once, IIRC. I have the paypal billing agreement set to default so now I don't need to do anything in regards to payment at the order page.

Same here, got the billing agreement set up long ago, it's basically a one-click buy for me now.

By the way, panic mode off, no rage necessary. I did get the email mentioning free shipping as well, but the initial Paypal charge included shipping anyway. This morning HLJ sent me a refund for the shipping, so everything is back to how it should be. I actually wondered if this might happen, and fortunately held off on sending them a rant. -_-

What surprised me initially though, even ordering at 3pm their time, I got a notice that the order wouldn't be entered until the next morning. I imagine that had something to do with the mixup, since the order apparently wasn't processed until after the sale ended. This just makes me wonder what their working hours are though, 3pm seems a bit early to me (granted different country; I work 8-5 most days).

Same here, got the billing agreement set up long ago, it's basically a one-click buy for me now.

By the way, panic mode off, no rage necessary. I did get the email mentioning free shipping as well, but the initial Paypal charge included shipping anyway. This morning HLJ sent me a refund for the shipping, so everything is back to how it should be. I actually wondered if this might happen, and fortunately held off on sending them a rant. -_-

What surprised me initially though, even ordering at 3pm their time, I got a notice that the order wouldn't be entered until the next morning. I imagine that had something to do with the mixup, since the order apparently wasn't processed until after the sale ended. This just makes me wonder what their working hours are though, 3pm seems a bit early to me (granted different country; I work 8-5 most days).

In what form did the refund come in? Was it like deducted from the overall price or something? Really like to know since I'm taking advantage of the Paypal free shipping thing, too!

BTW, my open orders section says my orders are "being specially processed by HobbyLink Japan staff." What does that mean?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just got an email from HLJ with zero shipping cost on the invoice.

Edited by GU-11

I got that same "specially processed" message too, dunno what it meant.

The trick was my original invoice did include shipping, which just got refunded a day or so after processing.

In my case, it was some issue with Paypal's security measures that refused the payment. Thankfully, things got resolved, and the payment finally got through to HLJ.

Sheesh... <_<

Yes the Fedex option is the best, the last 2 free shipping deals that I used at the end of 09 had the free fedex option.

It was great because they delivered them on a saturday and the shipping was lightning fast:D

Edited by Loop

I hated that they never mentioned what their "allotted stock" was. The stock could have been gashapon toys for all I know.

It said ANY ITEM in clear, easy to read English right in the terms and conditions.

Edited by anime52k8

Oy, those dingbats.. I specifically requested FedEx for that order I made from HLJ, and now I finally get the shipping notice.. by EMS. *facepalm* No wonder it's been taking so long.

Guess I can't complain about it being free, but the last order I got from them by FedEx reached me in two days flat. This one's already hitting a week. <_<

Finally after 5 days of no news from HLJ, my new V.2 VF-1D is coming :D . Just after I received my confirmation mail the VF-1D stock status changed to "out of stock". That was too close.

Well, HLJ's canceled my VF-1J Hikaru and refunded me. During this whole incident, I made a quick decision to order the VF-1D since it had already entered low stock status. Funny thing is, the VF-0A which was ordered first is still on hold, while the VF-1D is being shipped first. Just hope they remember to proceed with the VF-0A's shipping after the -1D ships out.

Just to be safe, I'll make sure both are shipped out before ordering the -1J again.

Well, at least they were thoughtful enough to automatically separate the shipment for the -1D and -0A this time.

Overdrive has the bigger Ranka, Klan, and Sheryl Ichiban Kuji figurines for $50.99 a pop, so I placed an order for 1 of each just now. They also mentioned they're including other random Macross Frontier Ichiban Kuji items for each statue ordered.

Can't wait to get these as I've been eyeballing them for some time now, all the while the prices kept going up and up.

Was gonna order one of those VF-1Ds from HLJ....ah, but they're all sold out now. :wacko:

Overdrive has the bigger Ranka, Klan, and Sheryl Ichiban Kuji figurines for $50.99 a pop, so I placed an order for 1 of each just now. They also mentioned they're including other random Macross Frontier Ichiban Kuji items for each statue ordered.

Can't wait to get these as I've been eyeballing them for some time now, all the while the prices kept going up and up.

Was gonna order one of those VF-1Ds from HLJ....ah, but they're all sold out now. :wacko:

got a link? and is the sheryl bunny also being offered? the macross ichiban items i could find on their site all seem to be sold out now

got a link? and is the sheryl bunny also being offered? the macross ichiban items i could find on their site all seem to be sold out now

Strange. The only one I could find was Klan. http://www.over-drive-inc.com/shop/macross-frontior-clan-clan-pvc-figure-from-macross-frontier-ichban-kuji-premium-p-347.html

By following the breadcrumbs on the page (clicking Macross "Frontior") took me back to the main listing for MF figures where they had both Ranka and Sheryl listed for $50.99 as well. These seem to be gone. So it may have been an error on their part and I'll be issued a refund or I bought the last Sheryl and Ranka figures.