WHAT'S CURRENTLY SHIPPING OR SHIPPING ISSUES...

pondo

I ordered a second Macross Launch Arm display stand and a Queen's Blade Melona figure from HLJ and decided to try out their new FedEx shipping option. The items got here to the US in about the same time that EMS would (3 to 6 days), but there's a slight snag in doing it this way: All FedEx shipments from HLJ require a direct signature upon delivery. As I'm always at work when deliveries are made, I've missed it twice so far. If FedEx cannot get a signature on the third attempt, the package is shipped back to sender. I had to call FedEx customer service this morning and insist that it's okay for the driver to leave my packages at my front door without a signature. A slight hassle IMHO, but I do understand why HLJ is doing things this way...

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

Hello,

Just received my Bandai VF-25F Tornado, and I'm very happy with it. Reminds me of the VF-1AG in some ways.

My new display cabinet arrived yesterday, but they brought the wrong size glass. It's a lot of work, but fun to transform each valkyrie to a nice pose and add the armor. I'll post some pictures when I'm finished.

Too bad the VF-0A/S have been pushed back until May.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Well, this sucks, I logged on to HLJ earlier and looks like the VF-0 was pushed back to May, fuuuuuuuuuck. I was getting pretty excited about it, looks like I'll have to wait until I get back from the hospital to enjoy it.

Damn!!!! I was really hoping to take advantage of Amiami's 50% off shipping during April!!! :huh:

Finally got my VF-27 Brera custom. Fighter mode looks way more gorgeous than in the pictures. Thinking of getting another while amiami still has 50% off shipping...

Gonna keep it in that mode.

IMG_0078.jpg

Gotta fold the wings due to lack of space....

I ordered a second Macross Launch Arm display stand and a Queen's Blade Melona figure from HLJ and decided to try out their new FedEx shipping option. The items got here to the US in about the same time that EMS would (3 to 6 days), but there's a slight snag in doing it this way: All FedEx shipments from HLJ require a direct signature upon delivery. As I'm always at work when deliveries are made, I've missed it twice so far. If FedEx cannot get a signature on the third attempt, the package is shipped back to sender. I had to call FedEx customer service this morning and insist that it's okay for the driver to leave my packages at my front door without a signature. A slight hassle IMHO, but I do understand why HLJ is doing things this way...

I get why stores use shipping that requires signatures, but I really wish the would give you the option to opt out of that. I just placed a semi-big order of gunpla and gundam markers from HobbyWave, and I was really dreading having to deal with FedEx shipping until I noticed that they give you the option for delivery without confirmation. Turns out it's getting here on a friday and I'll be their to get it anyways, but still it's nice to have the option.

I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE FedEx by the way. (really bad ordeal getting a computer delivered about 3 years ago that involved about a week and a half of failed deliveries before having to take an hour drive to their distribution center to pick up a 40lb desktop that I still had to pay 60 bucks to ship <_< mother f*ckers)

Finally got my VF-27 Brera custom. Fighter mode looks way more gorgeous than in the pictures...

Gonna keep it in that mode.

hahaha ^_^ ... i opened my VF-27 last week and in person the VF-27 kinda looked a little off to me... BUT when i look at pics of it in f-mode, it looks gorgeous and sleek. it's probably just me... it's growing on me, though. ^_^

got another set of flexi/flightpose stands from the mail... it took forever to get here.

4556710491_0fb1964b1b_m.jpg

testing it out w/ my VF-27

4557339968_47406484fa.jpg

Gotta fold the wings due to lack of space....

same problem here... no space to display it, so i had to put it back in its box. :(

What happened to Amiami's English site?

they changed their URL from amiami.com to amiami.jp. if you try to go to the old URL for their English site (amiami.com/shop/?set=english) it automatically redirects to their main site (in japanese).

just add: "/shop/?set=english" to the end of the URL then make a new bookmark. :)

:edit:

or just use this link :rolleyes:http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english

Edited by anime52k8

Alright, my long awaited pre-order of the VF-0S is finally on its way. Should get here tomorrow, I hope it's got no issues.

Let everyone know what you find. I'm tempted to pick up a VF-0A again.

I'm currently having an order shipped via Fed Ex by HLJ to try it out. Quite surprising that Fed Ex is often significantly cheaper than EMS, and is faster to boot.

Edited by Vostok 7

Recently, I ordered two items from HLJ. The PG -00 Raiser kit, and the 'Special Weathering' version of the OD Destroid Tomahawk.

I ordered these items on 4/18, but since I slightly overspent my income tax refund, I had to wait until the following week-end to cover the slight defficit in payment. Needless to say, I got the payment in to them.

And, here it is, three weeks later, and I still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation from them.

Is this usual? Or, am I just 'special'?

It's been a long time since I ordered anything non Macross, but I have a Project BM! Akira Kaneda's bike and Kaneda Shotaro figure coming. I decided to give BBTS a shot since it was a lot cheaper on shipping. I had to wait longer than most, but this will be a nice addition to my collection.

I'm waiting for one big package but its not macross related. I got a Metal Composite Unicorn Gundam Fix Fig coming in from HLJ. First time using fedex though. Hopefully its just as quick as EMS.

Please take some pic's of this when you get it!

I finally just opened my GFF Metal Composite Limited MSZ-006A1/C1[bST] Z plus [bLUE], and it's a beast. I was not sure if I would like it very much, but it's a really sick piece on display.

Although I am really more into Macross, I might in the future get a few more of the GFF series toys.

Edited by Loop

• 2 weeks later...

...just recieved;

(2) VF-1S Low Viz (one from private seller, the other from BBTS before the clearance sale)

VF-1J Cannon Fodder

in the mail from Over-Drive;

VF-1S (Max)

VE-1

in the mail from BBTS;

DX Chogokin VF-25F Alto Tornado

Been on a mini-spending spree lately. :ph34r:

-b.

Got an e-mail from AmiAmi this am....the second (hopfully FIXED) batch of VF-1J's with Armor Parts are in stock and ready to ship...$202.12 out the door....ouch.....oh well. :mellow:

Great! That means that HLJ must have it in stock (now or soon). Finally my first 1/60 V2 is coming.

Got an e-mail from AmiAmi this am....the second (hopfully FIXED) batch of VF-1J's with Armor Parts are in stock and ready to ship...$202.12 out the door....ouch.....oh well. :mellow:

cool! it's available already. make sure to mention if the shoulders are fixed and if there are any other improvements. might take a while to get my hands on mine. :)

I recently preordered Roy's TV -1S from HLJ, and am planning to get the VF-0A since it arrived earlier. Thing is, I want to them to ship the -0A first without waiting for the -1S to be shipped together. Can HLJ arrange for a separate shipment?

OK GUYS!!! I am HAPPY to report the 2nd wave release of the VF-1J with armor parts is 100% GOLDEN!!! Just got mine today! Already transformed. TIGHT AND GOOD!! No broken or cracked shoulders, NEW hip connector and NO rainbow canopy! All paint aps are PERFECT and the armor parts are SWEEEET too!!! :D :D :D Looks like Yamato LISTENED AND LEARNED!!!! ;)

Ordered a Macross Focker Special Messenger Bag & the Valuable Fighter Master File VF-19 Excalibur book together from Hobby Search. The messenger bag was release a day later then the book. Wanted them to send both items together but they refuse saying pre-order items are not allow or something. Today I got 2 messages telling me that both my items are shipped on the same day but separately......i was charge 2 times for the shipping how stupid can it be!!!