WHAT'S CURRENTLY SHIPPING OR SHIPPING ISSUES...

pondo

Not trying to cause any panic attacks, but my VF-1D just arrived today, and it had the same broken peg problem as Macross Fanboy's. You can refer to the thread here.

Besides the shoulders, you'd best also check the leg pegs as well. Funny how earlier V2 VF-1D owners didn't report experiencing any such problems before.

They're back up now, I just made an order there that I never thought I'd make: just paints. ^_^ I don't need to be spending any more on any valks for a while, so I just bought a small stash of the currently stocked tamiya acrylics, and a big bottle of thinner for them.

Now that I think of it, I could have probably tacked on a VF-25 kit (still want at least one armored Ozma), or maybe a Hasegawa, but I've got plenty of stuff to build as it is.

Ehh screw it. I'm getting that VF-0S before the sale ends. :p Hopefully they'll combine the two orders in the morning.

They're back up now, I just made an order there that I never thought I'd make: just paints. ^_^ I don't need to be spending any more on any valks for a while, so I just bought a small stash of the currently stocked tamiya acrylics, and a big bottle of thinner for them.

Now that I think of it, I could have probably tacked on a VF-25 kit (still want at least one armored Ozma), or maybe a Hasegawa, but I've got plenty of stuff to build as it is.

Ehh screw it. I'm getting that VF-0S before the sale ends. :p Hopefully they'll combine the two orders in the morning.

Thats the 2nd release right?

Heh.. I certainly hope so. I had thought some people got the 0S from HLJ recently, and had confirmed it was the fixed re-issue. Considering how long HLJ had it marked as sold out or even discontinued, I'd assume that anything they're selling now would be a reissue.

If not, I suppose I'll just have to deal with it. I was able to fix up the arms on my 0A decently enough.

Frankly though, even with the shoulder issues, the only thing that really stopped me from getting one before was the price. I rarely if ever buy Valks unless there is some sort of sale going on (think the ONLY exception to that is my V.2 1/60 M&M pair), and in all those Yamato sales from the past couple years, I never once saw any VF-0 discounts. I've been waiting a long time for a VF-0S sale, and I'm not gonna miss it now that it finally happened. ^_^

Edited by Chronocidal

Well, got my order confirmation this morning and I paid for my VF-1D! Can't wait to get it in! Hopefully it won't explode first thing out of the box!

Still haven't heard anything from Overdrive regarding the non-functional EMS tracking code. I think I'm gonna send them another message. Is there a better email to use besides info@over-drive-inc.com?

Well guys, I'm beginning to think I just got OVERDRIVED.

It's been 6 days since I received my shipping notice from Overdrive Web Mall. The EMS tracking number they provided still doesn't work, the 3 emails I've sent (2 from my Yahoo account and one from my non-freebie work email) have gone unanswered and my shipment has yet to arrive.

I considered calling them...but I doubt anyone at their offices speak English, not to mention my broken Japanese.

I'm gonna send them one more email from my work address and I'll give them one more day. After that, I'm starting a Paypal claim. Worse case scenario: I have my credit union do a charge back.

BTW, has anyone here experienced this with Overdrive? I've ordered from them before and everything went smoothly. Oh yeah, and this blurb on their website:

Under no circumstances should customer ever contact his/her credit card company or PayPal to dispute charges from OverDrive, particularly without contacting us first. It is important for the Customers to inform us a problem has occurred. As such, not only will we vigorously contest any credit card "chargebacks" (refusals to pay) filed by customers or complaints with PayPal, but such customers may be blacklisted from using our service, meaning we will accept no further orders from them, ever. We also share information about blacklisted customers with other online merchants offering similar merchandise. OverDrive will take legal measure against card fraud, payment fraud and illegitimate reversal of payment. Any legal dispute arose within OverDrive Web Mall will be carried out and subject to Law of Tokyo, Japan.

Heh, can they do this? It doesn't really scare me. I'm sure Paypal and my credit union will side in my favor.

Oh yeah, this is what I ordered. The links are on the front page under their clearance section. The links for Ranka and Sheryl no longer work, however.

overdrive.jpg

Edited by Damaramu

Well guys, I'm beginning to think I just got OVERDRIVED.

It's been 6 days since I received my shipping notice from Overdrive Web Mall. The EMS tracking number they provided still doesn't work, the 3 emails I've sent (2 from my Yahoo account and one from my non-freebie work email) have gone unanswered and my shipment has yet to arrive.

I considered calling them...but I doubt anyone at their offices speak English, not to mention my broken Japanese.

I'm gonna send them one more email from my work address and I'll give them one more day. After that, I'm starting a Paypal claim. Worse case scenario: I have my credit union do a charge back.

BTW, has anyone here experienced this with Overdrive? I've ordered from them before and everything went smoothly. Oh yeah, and this blurb on their website:

Heh, can they do this? It doesn't really scare me. I'm sure Paypal and my credit union will side in my favor.

6 days doesn't seem that long really. I'd wait at least 10 working days before filing a dispute. I'd be surprised if your credit card co will let you reverse-charge at this stage. Does the tracking no they gave you have 13 digits?

I've placed lots of orders with OD over the last few years and a few have had slight mishaps like a missing digit from the tracking no. But they've always answered my emails, within 48 hours at the latest. They've also had several problems with their email servers so that might be happening again. I've had some long email conversations with them too - their English seems pretty good - so you could try calling them I guess.

As for that quote on their site, I know some of it at least is true. Doing a charge-back is expensive for a business as there is often a hefty fee involved on top of the charge-back. If you do decide to charge-back they can definitely blacklist you - in much the same way as we have a MacrossWorld Blacklist, so do they and their associates.

6 days doesn't seem that long really. I'd wait at least 10 working days before filing a dispute. I'd be surprised if your credit card co will let you reverse-charge at this stage. Does the tracking no they gave you have 13 digits?

I've placed lots of orders with OD over the last few years and a few have had slight mishaps like a missing digit from the tracking no. But they've always answered my emails, within 48 hours at the latest. They've also had several problems with their email servers so that might be happening again. I've had some long email conversations with them too - their English seems pretty good - so you could try calling them I guess.

As for that quote on their site, I know some of it at least is true. Doing a charge-back is expensive for a business as there is often a hefty fee involved on top of the charge-back. If you do decide to charge-back they can definitely blacklist you - in much the same way as we have a MacrossWorld Blacklist, so do they and their associates.

Regarding the transaction, I noticed all the statues were available so I placed the order. I got the order confirmation and payment request, in which I paid promptly. A few hours later after posting about the transaction in this very thread, I noticed the entries for Ranka and Sheryl were completely removed (Item Not Found) from their site. I just figured I bought their last copies. I'm beginning to think now that I somehow managed to buy something that was not in stock, but still listed on their site. The Klan statue is still available as far as I know.

Yup, it's 13 character EMS tracking number. It isn't being recognized by the Japan Post site or USPS.com. THAT is the thing that worries me. I don't mind long waits, even for EMS. The seemingly "bogus" tracking codes and complete silence from Overdrive are just sending up too many red flags with me.

The charge was made on my Visa check card issued by my local credit union (ie bank). They're actually really good when it comes to these kind of things.

I suppose I could give them (Overdrive) a call to sort it all out.

Phew, was worried for a moment that VF-0S wasn't gonna happen.. Checked my order status last night, and it was down to low stock, with no notice that my order had processed yet.

Come this morning, looks like it's being readied for shipping though, so looks like I lucked out. Plus, I got one of those spare sets of decals which I'd actually forgotten all about. :lol: Dunno if I'll use them or not, but depending on if they fit, I might use them to turn one of my 1/48 Hasegawa Vermillion Squad kits into a DYRL 1A. :)

Heh.. I certainly hope so. I had thought some people got the 0S from HLJ recently, and had confirmed it was the fixed re-issue. Considering how long HLJ had it marked as sold out or even discontinued, I'd assume that anything they're selling now would be a reissue.

If not, I suppose I'll just have to deal with it. I was able to fix up the arms on my 0A decently enough.

Frankly though, even with the shoulder issues, the only thing that really stopped me from getting one before was the price. I rarely if ever buy Valks unless there is some sort of sale going on (think the ONLY exception to that is my V.2 1/60 M&M pair), and in all those Yamato sales from the past couple years, I never once saw any VF-0 discounts. I've been waiting a long time for a VF-0S sale, and I'm not gonna miss it now that it finally happened. ^_^

This is/was there 2nd restock cause I do remember them being sold out before. And I have also placed an order for a 0S and I hope this time it's not a shitpiece.

Sooo...I have my VF-22S sitting on my desk next to me as I type this...Looks awesome...loving it! Little slow on the shipping, but as it was a big sale, that's cool. Thanks HLJ.....NOW....the kicker is....NO CHARGE has showed up yet??? Is it too early to start doing this... :lol: :lol: :lol: ????? ohh, and STILL no shipping email.... :p

Edited by derex3592

I know it's frustrating. I have a parcel missing too (a book, unrelated). :(

It all comes down to weather or not the parcel has actually been sent. If you do a charge-back and the parcel is proven to have been posted I'm not sure what actions could follow.

Regarding the transaction, I noticed all the statues were available so I placed the order. I got the order confirmation and payment request, in which I paid promptly. A few hours later after posting about the transaction in this very thread, I noticed the entries for Ranka and Sheryl were completely removed (Item Not Found) from their site. I just figured I bought their last copies. I'm beginning to think now that I somehow managed to buy something that was not in stock, but still listed on their site. The Klan statue is still available as far as I know.

Yup, it's 13 character EMS tracking number. It isn't being recognized by the Japan Post site or USPS.com. THAT is the thing that worries me. I don't mind long waits, even for EMS. The seemingly "bogus" tracking codes and complete silence from Overdrive are just sending up too many red flags with me.

The charge was made on my Visa check card issued by my local credit union (ie bank). They're actually really good when it comes to these kind of things.

I suppose I could give them (Overdrive) a call to sort it all out.

See, on the rare occasion they choose to use it, their time-paradox shipping is top notch! :lol:

It took just three days from the item's departure from the warehouse to its arrival at my doorstep (though still no shipping confirmation email.) I'd be one happy camper if the item itself wasn't yellowed old stock with a broken leg peg.

It took just three days from the item's departure from the warehouse to its arrival at my doorstep (though still no shipping confirmation email.) I'd be one happy camper if the item itself wasn't yellowed old stock with a broken leg peg.

The VF-1D is in beige color, how can a beige color merchandise looks yellowing?

The toy itself is made from different materials so there are slightly difference on the shade of beige color in different parts, which is acceptable and can't really tell from naked eyes.

The VF-1D is in beige color, how can a beige color merchandise looks yellowing?

The toy itself is made from different materials so there are slightly difference on the shade of beige color in different parts, which is acceptable and can't really tell from naked eyes.

Yeah, that was my bad. When viewing it in person, the VF-1D tends to look a substantially darker shade than when viewed as pictures. I finally got a proper (if rather low end) digital camera and took some pics. Viewed on my computer's monitor, it has that same light tan color I saw on the promo pics.

For one of the few times in my life, I'm actually glad and relieved to say that it was my mistake. :lol:

Yeah, that was my bad. When viewing it in person, the VF-1D tends to look a substantially darker shade than when viewed as pictures. I finally got a proper (if rather low end) digital camera and took some pics. Viewed on my computer's monitor, it has that same light tan color I saw on the promo pics.

For one of the few times in my life, I'm actually glad and relieved to say that it was my mistake. :lol:

Nobody will compare the color of an actual item with picture, especially images from computer or notebook... lol.

Stickler! :lol: jk bro...

btw, took a gamble and ordered myself a VF-1D! Just got confirmation from HLJ.

Sorry, despite all its flaws you guys mentioned...its still VF-1D!! :p

Heheh, for such a high-end toy, I reserve the right to be a stickler! :lol:

Well, I guess the VF-1D IS a pretty irresistible Valk, being unique and memorable in so many ways. After all, it was the first VF Hikaru ever piloted, and it indirectly helped to hook him up with the future Miss Macross, no less.

Edited by GU-11

Yup! I've got a VF-1D on the way from HLJ too! Can't wait!

Now remember, children! Safety first: Check your VF's shoulders for traces of explodium, before examining the stability of the leg pegs.

This message was brought to you by the International Foundation for the Prevention of Heart Attacks After A Yamato QC Disaster: IFFTPOHAAAYQCD for short.

Support the IFFTPOHAAAYQCD: Because getting Yamato'ed is no fun.

Now remember, children! Safety first: Check your VF's shoulders for traces of explodium, before examining the stability of the leg pegs.

This message was brought to you by the International Foundation for the Prevention of Heart Attacks After A Yamato QC Disaster: IFFTPOHAAAYQCD for short.

Support the IFFTPOHAAAYQCD: Because getting Yamato'ed is no fun.

Oh, I hear ya. I'm probably just going to keep it in fighter mode.

Meanwhile....

10 days have passed by and still no contact from Overdrive. EMS tracking code is obviously bogus and no package. I dunno what's going on with them, but this situation is unfortunate as I had a prior pleasant experience.

So, I'm going to file a Paypal dispute and get my money back.

So, use caution when ordering from them as you may get Overdrived just like I did... :(

Woot! My VF-1D arrived today! Holy Cow! Shipped out on the 23rd, arrived today on the 25th! Well, HLJ.com has a new fan!

I filed a dispute with Paypal regarding Overdrive. Today, I go to check my account and noticed some new activity. Looks like they refunded all but $8 of my $206. Either they had phantom merchandise and didn't detect it until I placed an order or they figured I was more trouble than I'm worth.

Still, I'm wondering why they're trying to keep $8? <_<

Woot! My VF-1D arrived today! Holy Cow! Shipped out on the 23rd, arrived today on the 25th! Well, HLJ.com has a new fan!

I filed a dispute with Paypal regarding Overdrive. Today, I go to check my account and noticed some new activity. Looks like they refunded all but $8 of my $206. Either they had phantom merchandise and didn't detect it until I placed an order or they figured I was more trouble than I'm worth.

Still, I'm wondering why they're trying to keep $8? <_<

Exchange rate?