Revoltech Full Transformation Valkyrie

Funkenstein

I'm looking forward to this and will definitely end up picking one up. I was never too big of a fan of my Revy VF-1J for some reason... it always seemed kinda boring, but a transformable figure as posable as that will be awesome. Super-articulated Gerwalk mode is going to be a hoot!

I will likely end up buying one of these. Of course, I am a sucker for small, not-so-accurate VF-1 Valkyries -- I bought these afterall. :wacko:

post-1617-1258651250_thumb.jpg

I bought and still have those, too. They have their issues, but they're still fun to mess around with, and once you can get them posed, they look nice on display. Also, keep in mind that at the time, those were the only cheap, transforming Valks until Toynami came out with theirs. I don't see these Revoltechs being much better than the Toynami ones. And, are they coming with armor? If not, one more reason to pass on them.

I bought and still have those, too. They have their issues, but they're still fun to mess around with, and once you can get them posed, they look nice on display. Also, keep in mind that at the time, those were the only cheap, transforming Valks until Toynami came out with theirs. I don't see these Revoltechs being much better than the Toynami ones. And, are they coming with armor? If not, one more reason to pass on them.

I had one of the Convertors VF-1J toys when I was a kid, which was one of my favorite toys despite being fortunate enough to have way nicer toys. I bought the Banprestos knowing how crappy they are. As for the Toynami ones, they were an impulse buy -- armor is now on the way to me. ^_^

I foresee the transformable Revoltechs as a future had-too-many-beers, click-add-to-cart type things. :lol:

1J will be released on February 15th.

My guess for fast pack will be separate release with fixed fast packs, since I don't see any holes for adding them on.

hmm. yeah. i just noticed that, too.

oh, well. guess i'll wait with the FP-versions instead. i reckon it's just wrong to not have FPs on DYRL-valks. B))

This toy is becoming more likable. I think of the cost of a transforming Yamato figure, and see this is a nice alternative. Especially considering its half the price of something out of VF100. So in essence, its a real action figure, not one of those boutique figures for hardcore collectors.

If I recall correctly, the comparison pic can be found on the opposite page of the page CF18 posted. Sorry, I do not actually have the magazine.

In any case, I would say the photo showed the new RT in battroid mode as being roughly one-third taller and wider than the old RT.

(The hands might be the same, though!!)

• 2 weeks later...

This is such an epic fail that I would not even put it in my collection if someone gave it to me for free.

... Someone would have to pay me to display this fugly POS.

That is just my not so humble opinion though.

No offense to those of you who like this "thing".

This is such an epic fail that I would not even put it in my collection if someone gave it to me for free.

... Someone would have to pay me to display this fugly POS.

That is just my not so humble opinion though.

No offense to those of you who like this "thing".

:rolleyes: We get it, some people like the toy, and some don't. Just like every other toy. What is the fascination with coming back to a thread over and over again to crap on something?

Seeing the finished products in high res does gives it a bit more perspective. The fighter mode certainly looks awful, but the batroid mode is very nice... The extra movement range seems to give it a more dynamic look. The same goes with Revoltech Arbalest, looked much livelier than Robot Damashii Arbalest. But I'll pass this for Bandai VF100 VF1, as cheap as it might be, I go for scale.

The only thing I'm not too keen on so far is the 'crotch-thrust' look (something Kaiyodo seems to have an odd fixation with), but I'm pretty sure there will be a joint in there that will allow for a more rigid and natural pose.

I can't wait to have one of these on my desk at work to fiddle with. I might wait for the VF-1J though.