Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

I think Takara did an amazing job with Rodimus considering it has four different modes, albeit two of them are pretty much the same. Also Takara is marketing this as Rodimus Prime first with an option to turn it into Hot Rod so I'm guessing the Rodimus part received design priority. The trailer part is fine, if you want a complete re-imagining then the FP trailer for your Classics Hot Rod will do but I like the "old school" look, it reminds me of complaints about Grimlock's dino mode and how Takara should have made it more authentic to what we know T-Rex's actually looked like. As for price, well I think it's quite reasonable for what your getting, I've paid more for Soul of Chogokin figures and 1/60 Valks so it is a shame we pay high prices but not unexpected.

Man, ROTF Leader SS has been sitting on my shelf for weeks, and I didn't realize it could do that! I've got to try this. Bet he'd look perfect next to the VF-0A.

I Don't have a 0A, but It looks very cool next to a 1/48 VF-1

DSC_0544.JPG

Edited by Limbo

Still seen a Grimlock at TRU, so will probably pass (have long ago decided to pass on the Takara). Are they done/over?

I think the MP Rodimus is looking great, including the car when it's not mistransformed (straight tailpipes and looks like a good slope to the hood). The Rodimus Prime is not nearly as big as he should be (it's a good 25-33% height/mass increase in the animation, but that's a spurious argument for Transformers, so whatever. :ph34r: ). Best option to have given him that bulk/height would have been to use the trailer ala Ultra Magnus armor bits.

It's a shame, they didn't make Rodimus Prime a bit more different from Hot Rod in the animation, though... Mouth faceplate like Optimus would have been too obvious probably, but maybe a different helmet, too with the antenna things... hell, I might have liked it if it was the whole OP "helmet" (blue part, just red/mauve to match Rodimus).

Edited by Uxi

I have to admit that I prefer the way Fansproject chose to interpret the character than HasTak did. Their Rodimus Prime is bigger, bulkier, somewhat beefier, and all around a robot that I would not like to be on the wrong side of. HasTak's MP Rodimus is much more animation-accurate, for better or worse.

The protect armor looks cool, but I doubt I'll get a set. I really don't like the Classics Hot Rod toy very much so it's hard for me to spend money on an upgrade set for it (same reason I never got the Prime upgrade they made). Now, a similar set for Animated Hot Rod is something I could get behind. :)

The protect armor looks cool, but I doubt I'll get a set. I really don't like the Classics Hot Rod toy very much so it's hard for me to spend money on an upgrade set for it (same reason I never got the Prime upgrade they made). Now, a similar set for Animated Hot Rod is something I could get behind. :)

Dude if you ever decide to get one, the Prime upgrade is worth it, I got one a few months back in summer. No regrets. The G3 trailer is EXCELLENT too. The Rodimus upgrade looks promising, I dig the different modes the trailer has, and the new Targetmaster gun. With the armor, Rodimus gains new arms that can swivel outwards to the sides much better.

Never liked Hot Rod as a character(in Animated he is okay, and the figure turned out excellent), but his figures(sans Energon) usually turn out well.

Indeed, Wreck-Gar does look awesome. I'm hoping he'll be in scale with the Junkions Fansproject is cooking up.

You know what else is awesome? This guy:

4.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

And of course, Superion had to meet him ^_^

1.jpg

2.jpg

This set is so much fun. Not-Swindle in particular is an excellent figure: solid, articulate and fun to pose. My only complaint is that the helicopter looks ridiculous with FP's bits on it, so I'm gonna try and find a better place for them. Quality stuff; if I had this toy when I was 10 my head would've exploded.

Sorry to get off-topic, but I've been looking to oomplete my MP Seeker set, but Thundercracker is just going for too much now. Any word from Hasbro about whether this guy will be making his way stateside? I'm worried that Hasbro may not bring him over here if sales on Skywarp weren't good enough. Skywarp just seems to be all over eBay. I'm wondering if Hasbro produced more Skywarps than Starscreams for Walmart or if Skywarp just isn't nearly as in demand as Starscream.

Sorry to get off-topic, but I've been looking to oomplete my MP Seeker set, but Thundercracker is just going for too much now. Any word from Hasbro about whether this guy will be making his way stateside? I'm worried that Hasbro may not bring him over here if sales on Skywarp weren't good enough. Skywarp just seems to be all over eBay. I'm wondering if Hasbro produced more Skywarps than Starscreams for Walmart or if Skywarp just isn't nearly as in demand as Starscream.

We're in the same boat. I have 2 Skywarps, but never found a Starscream that wasn't marked up. I'd like the seeker trio, but it won't happen if I have to pay through the nose.

TakaraTomy Transformers United Photos

All of them look superior to their Hasbro counterparts but I prefer Henkei gun Megatron compared to the repaint shown here.

United WFC Megs looks great in gray, but I was disappointed to see that Generations Bumblebee and Prime are not brand new sculpts. Pfffft.

We finally got something new on the shelves over here; I snagged Breacher and Insecticon today. And since TRU had a buy 2 get 1 free deal on Scouts, I was able to get Oil Pan too. On a side note, I also found GI JOE's exclusive Spirit Iron-knife. (He totally looks like an Ikari warrior!)

I don't see what's so great about the new G2 Laser Prime. Reminds me almost of those "pickups that look like semis" than a real semi.

Scourge---B-2/UAV, blah IMHO.

Tracks--chest too big. Note I said too big, not too boxy. Boxy is good. But his chest comes down over his waist and upper thighs---he's got a giant beer-gut.

Windcharger--simple, nice.

PCC Devastator--best hands yet by far for a PCC.

New PCC torsos---nice, look to be the best yet, but have to see torso mode first. Hasbro sure does like the Merkava tank lately...

While I'm ordinarily all about space winnebagos/RVs (love my SOC Xabungle, Ideon, and Daimos), I'm not as much a fan when they aren't actually part of the robot mode. Trailers don't get space on my shelf - I simply don't have room, so if they're going to live in the box in a closet anyway, I don't mind missing out on them.

Hopefully Hasbro doesn't turn their release a horrifying "cartoony" pastel red or anything, though, like they did with the last release of MP Optimus.

Edited by QuinJester

I don't really have room in my collection either, but I plan to keep Rodimus away from the general collection/display and maybe even put up a small wall shelf just for him. Or I'll just carry him around with me everywhere. :p

I know what you mean about trailers though. I never bought any of the MP Prime trailers because A: They're so huge and B: I don't find a big grey box particularly exciting.

Edited by eriku

Thunderwing is reminding me of Silverbolt... a jet with robot parts underneath that transforms into a robot with a folded up jet on his back.

The latest Collector's Club magazine confirms that MP Rodimus is being released in the US. But without the trailer.

Boo! I want my space winnebago (at a reasonable price). :angry:

I don't see what's so great about the new G2 Laser Prime. Reminds me almost of those "pickups that look like semis" than a real semi.

Wait, what? A new G2 Prime? Where? This is news to me.