No that was Herr Fiend:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herr_Fiend

Which was a Porche.

The Classics Rodimus was very close to the "Dome":

http://www.tfu.info/2006/Autobot/ClassicsRodimus/rodimus.htm

Oops. It has been a while since I've seen the series. :rolleyes:

I'm really beginning to hate the tase of shoe leather. :rolleyes:

Edited by Wanzerfan

I had that gobot, loved the hell out of it too.

I had that too, and I never knew it was actually from the show "Space Adventure Cobra", until quite recently, when I saw it in a shop. I actually thought about buying it again, for nostalgia's sake. ^_^

It has a real Syd Mead kind of thing there, brilliant.

Got the Bruticus add on parts from BBTS. I LOVE "Explorer" and "Munitioner". At first the plastic felt too thin but it really is sturdy. These bots are so simple and yet they surprise you. Really, I find their transformations works of beauty. I'm really having FUN with collector toys for a change.

Really guy, go get them. I'm tempted to get another set.

And I still haven'teven built Bruticus... pics tomorrow.

I recently picked up a second-hand Universe Sideswipe, and I am very impressed with the design, transformation and articulation. I should have focused on this line last year instead of Animated, but oh well. Anyway, my local hobby shop has a handful of Universe and Henkei Deluxe figures. Which ones are worth picking up?

BTW, I'm currently on the fence over the Challenge at Cybertron gift set. It has Rodimus and Cyclonus, but at the same time, it has yet another crappy Galvatron figure. Should I still get it without thinking of how bad the Galvatron figure is?

henkei astrotrain is cool. get henkei thundercracker if they have it. if they have other henkei figures besides deluxe like optimus and megatron, those are cool too.

henkei astrotrain is cool. get henkei thundercracker if they have it. if they have other henkei figures besides deluxe like optimus and megatron, those are cool too.

Here's what the stores here have:

Classics/Universe

Challenge at Cybertron (Rodimus, Cyclonus, Galvatron)

Dinobot

Grimlock

Hot Shot

Ironhide

Leo Prime

Optimus Prime (Deluxe Ultimate Battle Version)

Onslaught

Powerglide

Prowl

Ratchet

Rodimus

Silverbolt

Smokescreen

Sunstreaker

Henkei/Gentei

Bumble (Bumblebee)

Convoy (Optimus Prime)

Dark Skyfire (black Jetfire)

Galvatron

Hot Shot

Ironhide

Prowl

Skyfire (Jetfire)

Starscream

Strafe

Streak (Silverstreak)

I recently picked up a second-hand Universe Sideswipe, and I am very impressed with the design, transformation and articulation. I should have focused on this line last year instead of Animated, but oh well. Anyway, my local hobby shop has a handful of Universe and Henkei Deluxe figures. Which ones are worth picking up?

BTW, I'm currently on the fence over the Challenge at Cybertron gift set. It has Rodimus and Cyclonus, but at the same time, it has yet another crappy Galvatron figure. Should I still get it without thinking of how bad the Galvatron figure is?

For deluxes, the Lambo twins are great, but Hound and Mirage are my faves. Ironhide would be up there as well if it weren't for the wonky alt mode.

As for the gift set, I mainly got it for the sweet looking Cyclonus and consider the toon colored Rodimus and Galvatron as bonuses. But Galvatron really isn't that bad...

Here's what the stores here have:

Classics/Universe

Challenge at Cybertron (Rodimus, Cyclonus, Galvatron)

Dinobot

Grimlock

Hot Shot

Ironhide

Leo Prime

Optimus Prime (Deluxe Ultimate Battle Version)

Onslaught

Powerglide

Prowl

Ratchet

Rodimus

Silverbolt

Smokescreen

Sunstreaker

Henkei/Gentei

Bumble (Bumblebee)

Convoy (Optimus Prime)

Dark Skyfire (black Jetfire)

Galvatron

Hot Shot

Ironhide

Prowl

Skyfire (Jetfire)

Starscream

Strafe

Streak (Silverstreak)

Here's what I recommend:

Classics/Universe

Challenge at Cybertron (Rodimus, Cyclonus, Galvatron) *You NEED Cyclonus, best color scheme so far. This Rodimus is OK, but not great for Fansproject Protector. Galvatron looks better in these colors, still too fiddly.

Grimlock

Ironhide *Good mold, Henkei looks way better.

Onslaught *Excellent mold, fantastic homage.

Prowl

Ratchet *see Ironhide

Sunstreaker

Henkei/Gentei

Bumble (Bumblebee)

Convoy (Optimus Prime)

Skyfire (Jetfire) *Excellent mold, fantastic homage.

Starscream

Streak (Silverstreak)

Just got a second-hand Universe Prowl last night. Excellent articulation, but the door/front fender transformation is very fiddly; I almost consider this a parts-former because of those pieces. Also not impressed with the paint job, as the white paint is sticky and already fading out. Will eventually do a complete repaint and apply new dry transfer labels on the doors.

BTW, I found a few more figures at my shop:

Henkei/Gentei

Astrotrain

Cheetus (Cheetor)

Dirge

Grimlock

Hound

Inferno

Skywarp

Thrust

I know Astrotrain is a must-buy, but what else on this list is worth picking up?

Just got a second-hand Universe Prowl last night. Excellent articulation, but the door/front fender transformation is very fiddly; I almost consider this a parts-former because of those pieces. Also not impressed with the paint job, as the white paint is sticky and already fading out. Will eventually do a complete repaint and apply new dry transfer labels on the doors.

BTW, I found a few more figures at my shop:

Henkei/Gentei

Astrotrain

Cheetus (Cheetor)

Dirge

Grimlock

Hound

Inferno

Skywarp

Thrust

I know Astrotrain is a must-buy, but what else on this list is worth picking up?

Hound and Inferno.

Was at TRU this afternoon, and I found Red Alert and Soundwave. I passed on Red Alert; I didn't care for that mold much when it was Sideswipe and Sunstreaker, but I did grab Soundwave as decent toys of him that aren't G1 reissues seem hard to come by. But I'm a little confused; weren't Darkmount/Straxus and Megatron supposed to come out first? I've yet to see either of them.

Was at TRU this afternoon, and I found Red Alert and Soundwave. I passed on Red Alert; I didn't care for that mold much when it was Sideswipe and Sunstreaker, but I did grab Soundwave as decent toys of him that aren't G1 reissues seem hard to come by. But I'm a little confused; weren't Darkmount/Straxus and Megatron supposed to come out first? I've yet to see either of them.

Yeah, sorta:

Wave 1

TG_G_W1.jpg

Wave 2

TG_G_W2.jpg

Wave 3

TG_G_W3.jpg

Wave 4

TG_G_W4.jpg

I'll say this for WfC Soundwave... his transformation might be easier than Prime or Bumblebee's, and I think he could use a few more paint apps (silver on the sides of his head, silver or yellow around the vents on his legs), and his chest might not accommodate either the G1 cassettes or the Ravage that came with Hound, but he's a pretty good figure for the money. His alt mode is accurate (if a little simple), and his bot mode mostly is too. He's got a better look to mix with my other Classics/Universe figures than either my G1 reissue or "there's a load in my diaper" Titanium (the Music Label Soundwave looks pretty good, but isn't really worth the price... I wish they'd strip the electronics and just release that as a Deluxe, but I digress). He also happens to be very poseable. His shoulders, ankles and hips are on ball joints. His upper thighs connect just below the ball joint and can rotate 360 degrees. His upper arm connects just above the elbow the same way (allowing his forearms the same degree of rotation), but also connects just below his shoulder on a joint that allows his arm to swing out from his torso to a little higher than his shoulder. His knees can bed 90 degrees, and his elbows can bend enough that he touch his shoulders. His wrists rotate, but also have a limited up/down flex. About the only thing his missing is a ball-jointed neck (he can only turn his head from side to side) and the ability to rotate at the waist (he doesn't have any waist articulation). He's also got very little kibble, limited mostly to his shoulders, the tires on his back, and the tires on his legs. What kibble he's got doesn't really affect his articulation.

This may be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it.

Can you transform WFC Soundwave just like it was shown in the GameStop Shockwave pre-order commercial?

All I'll say about that commercial is that it was a nice nod to the original movie.

You know, it doesn't hurt to go back a couple of pages to find your answer. Now how does that size 13 taste?

how much was red alert at tru?

i'm guessing my target is still on wave 2 because i saw darkmount. someone probably bought the megatron. i'm sure when the other waves come out target will have loads of them on the shelf. looking forward to red alert, dirge, and blurr for 9.99 each instead of i think 12.99 at tru.

how much was red alert at tru?

i'm guessing my target is still on wave 2 because i saw darkmount. someone probably bought the megatron. i'm sure when the other waves come out target will have loads of them on the shelf. looking forward to red alert, dirge, and blurr for 9.99 each instead of i think 12.99 at tru.

$11.99 at my local TRU.

Either scalpers swooped into Target and bought up all the Darkmounts and Megatrons, or my local Target is stuck on wave 1.

$11.99 at my local TRU.

Either scalpers swooped into Target and bought up all the Darkmounts and Megatrons, or my local Target is stuck on wave 1.

Where I'm at, I had to go all the way to a hobby store to buy WFC/Generations figs, and some of them are strictly sold in sets, such as Megatron and Darkmount. Personally, I really don't like Darkmount, and wanted to get only Megs. The store owner wouldn't budge, and insists in selling the two as a set...at least for the first two weeks. He told me to come back two weeks later (which will be next Saturday), and was willing to reserve one WFC Megatron for me.

Honestly, I really don't understand this whole "sold in sets" policy with the Generations line. AFAIK, TF's have always been available individually (except for those prepackaged box sets by Hasbro, of course).

Good thing I plan to be buying WFC Soundwave and Red Alert when they eventually arrive. That way, I won't have to wait two weeks before getting my hands on them. Hopefully, Generations Jazz will be paired with a fig I like when it gets released.

Edited by GU-11

Managed to score a major haul today:

Classics Bumblebee (used)

Universe 2.0 Sunstreaker (used)

Henkei Convoy (new)

Henkei Convoy is definitely one of the best Optimus Prime figures ever made. Excellent detail and articulation while retaining his G1 design cues. Perhaps the only design flaws on this figure are the forearm kibble, but they're kinda cool as shields.

If you find him at your hobby shop, get him for sure.

i agree that henkei convoy looks way better than classics optimus and obviously henkei megatron looks better than classics megatron.

damn the target near me sucks now the transformers section has been turned real small now. hope they get their new shipments out soon and are easily available.

If anyone is looking to fill in some holes in your Animated collection, Marshalls & TJ Maxx stores have been stocking Skywarp and Shockwave. The Marshalls closest to me had a dozen of them. They're 12.99 each. They also have Human Alliance Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade and Mudflap for 19.99. I didn't see Barricade or Mudflap but they've been spotted by others.

I never bought Shockwave and Skywarp the first time around, but I couldn't pass them up at deluxe prices. Shockwave is pure love and I feel like a dolt for passing on him all this time. I thought he would be boring but there's so many things to fiddle with (in a good way!) going between the four modes that he's really a lot of fun.

Skywarp I was leery of. I had the Starscream of this sculpt and promptly ditched it because it was such a POS (wonky auto-transform mechanism, fingers falling off, legs popping off). I didn't like his color scheme either. Skywarp luckily doesn't suffer from any of those things. The auto-transform seems to work much smoother, the fingers and legs are tight, and the color scheme is as lovely as any black & purple Skywarp toy. Glad I picked this one up as it made me appreciate the sculpt a lot more than I previously did. Shame they never got around to doing Thundercracker.

Edited by eriku