HG and Robotech Debates

I spent some of today reading over various threads on RT.com.

First of all - there's not a whole lot going on over there. Mainly either newbies asking things about Robotech without much awareness of Macross at all, or a thread dedicated to the rights question, and Memo threatening to ban people if they don't accept his version of events.

It doesn't look like a fun place to hang out at all.

And there's no dedicated toy threads either.

If I were Harmony Gold, I'd change the moderator and focus more on toys and the story.

Also - since they've gone and put the series up for free on Youtube and Hulu - they could open a dedicated thread to discuss it episode by episode like we did with Frontier.

You CAN actually do that with old series as well - you know, go back and rewatch them and discuss it together as you do.

I dunno. There's a zillion fun things they could be doing, but MEMO seems not to realize that his assanine answers to the rights questions are actually fueling the very conversation he wants to go away.

Notice how - in all the pages of THIS thread NONE of us have really reached any definitive conclusion - or even if some of us think we have...so what? It's not like anybody is going to act on it. It's not like BW or Bandai is going to charge in tomorrow with Macross Frontier or BBTS is going to read one of our posts and stop selling Yamatos...

In other words - this is just a discussion - and as with all discussions - if you let them run their course, eventually emotions and passions cool down and the topic becomes kind of boring.

MEMO seems to be keeping the subject alive, ironically, because his discussion style basically looks like this:

FAN: Hi. I love Robotech and I have a question.

MEMO: IF QUESTION ABOUT RIGHTS YOU BAN!!!

FAN:I...I ...I just wanted to know because I heard that there was an issue with what HG could use in the LAM?...

MEMO: HERE LINE NOT CROSSING YOU BANNING!!!

FAN: I...I don't...what...what are you saying? I really don't want to offend anybody, but I don't understand what you're saying right now?

MEMO: COME HERE OFFEND YOU BANING LIKE SCUM SETO TO!

FAN: I assure you; I just wanted to ask a question. What's up with the rights issue?

MEMO: TOMMY SAY HERE WWW.TOMYSAYHERE.COM IS ALL HG RIGHT END NOT LINE YOU CROSSING BANNING WILL COME!!!!

FAN: But what about when Tommy says "I'm not sure about this"...?

MEMO: TROLLING AGAIN YOU WILL NOW I BANNING YOU!!

Seriously - I read the latest "rights" thread and that's what it looks like in a nutshell.

I actually am surprised that HG have made this guy a mod. He can't write a coherent sentence worth squat. Now - personally - I don't mind this. Not every member is cut out to be a mod. I'm certainly not - precisely because I'm far to talkative and meek and whimpy about telling other people what to do. Being a mod is a thankless job. One of the requirements for being a mod ought to be - or at least so common sense would seem to dictate - the ability to communicate calmly and clearly in proper english (if the website/forum is in english mainly). This really helps avoid confusion.

Memo doesn't do this.

Much is made of RT.com being a corporate site...but...that's all the more reason why this is so bizarre...

Can you imagine going to...I dunno...McDonalds, and seeing everything in capslock with texts like "BURGERKING YOU WILL EATING AND NOT ALLOWING IN TO US YOU WILL BE! BLACK LIST!!!" and "RONALD MACDONALD IS SAYING MCNUGGEST IS BESTING YOU EAT NOW!"

Corporations don't usually allow complete ignoramuses to moderate their public domains. Or, at the very least, the corporations would trains them. Usually, the worse you get with corporate dolts is standardized answers to questions - like with telemarketing...

But this is totally different - this doesn't even reach the level of lack of diplomatic sounding standardized answers... this is just wierd :)

It's kind of funny though - that's for sure.

But then again - I guess I really am a "Macross Purist" - I read the thread on RT.com where the subject was "Why did the SDF-1 crash on Earth?" and they immediately ran into trouble with theories like "Because Zor wanted to plant the flower of life somewhere" etc etc ..and I'm just sitting there thinking... "there's no such person as Zor. The SDF-1 is a Supervision Army ship that was being chased by the Zendradi for its' catch of reaction weapons" .... I just...CAN'T accept the dubs.

I mean - it's like...imagine if I dubbed the opening to A New Hope and called it "Quest for Toilet Paper."

"This is a consular ship...we have no toilet paper....we're on a diplomatic mission..."

"If this is a consular ship with no toilet paper, then how does the ambassador whipe his ass!?"

If I wanted to - I could dub over all of Star Wars and make it all about toilet paper.

And then I'd get websites going up dedicated to Quest for Toilet paper with dedicated topics such as "Is Darth Vader Mean Because His Automatic Ass Cleaning Suit does not function properly?"

I dunno...

There's just nothing about Robotech I like I guess... EXCEPT as a fixed part of history... like a stepping stone... like...I dunno...like a prototype of an airplane. You look at it - with the bycicle thing with the bedsheets for wings and you think - yes, I understand that this was a step in evolution... but you don't really want to actually try to fly in it...

do you?

Pete

But then again - I guess I really am a "Macross Purist" - I read the thread on RT.com where the subject was "Why did the SDF-1 crash on Earth?" and they immediately ran into trouble with theories like "Because Zor wanted to plant the flower of life somewhere" etc etc ..and I'm just sitting there thinking... "there's no such person as Zor. The SDF-1 is a Supervision Army ship that was being chased by the Zendradi for its' catch of reaction weapons" .... I just...CAN'T accept the dubs.

I mean - it's like...imagine if I dubbed the opening to A New Hope and called it "Quest for Toilet Paper."

"This is a consular ship...we have no toilet paper....we're on a diplomatic mission..."

"If this is a consular ship with no toilet paper, then how does the ambassador whipe his ass!?"

If I wanted to - I could dub over all of Star Wars and make it all about toilet paper.

And then I'd get websites going up dedicated to Quest for Toilet paper with dedicated topics such as "Is Darth Vader Mean Because His Automatic Ass Cleaning Suit does not function properly?"

I dunno...

There's just nothing about Robotech I like I guess... EXCEPT as a fixed part of history... like a stepping stone... like...I dunno...like a prototype of an airplane. You look at it - with the bycicle thing with the bedsheets for wings and you think - yes, I understand that this was a step in evolution... but you don't really want to actually try to fly in it...

do you?

Pete

That's one of my problems, too. The willing suspension of disbelief is not there for me with Robotech. Now of course Macross is fictional, and I can take A LOT of nitpicky things and talk about possible explanations or solutions...but with Robotech, I can't. Any discussion of how, say, the Southern Cross armies were wiped out so quickly when the Invid arrive, or how Dana's green hair became blonde, or where the SDF-2 is...they're non-starters for me. Because the answer is simple: They're three separate series cobbled together, and the seams show too often for me to get into discussions about it. Remove the forced connection, and the problem is solved.

That's one of my problems, too. The willing suspension of disbelief is not there for me with Robotech. Now of course Macross is fictional, and I can take A LOT of nitpicky things and talk about possible explanations or solutions...but with Robotech, I can't. Any discussion of how, say, the Southern Cross armies were wiped out so quickly when the Invid arrive, or how Dana's green hair became blonde, or where the SDF-2 is...they're non-starters for me. Because the answer is simple: They're three separate series cobbled together, and the seams show too often for me to get into discussions about it. Remove the forced connection, and the problem is solved.

I think it might boil down to childhood memories.

When I was a kid, I DID NOT EVER see Robotech - any of it. It just was not on TV in Cambridge Mass - and if somebody here lived in Cambridge Mass in the 80s and remembers watching Robotech - then for the life of me - I never saw it on any channel that I watched my cartoons on...and I was pretty keen on watching my cartoons. At one point, Transformers were on at 6:30 in the morning and I'd get up to watch them. Dennis the Mennis and Inspector Gadget came next - but so did the school bus so...bullocks... Later in life, there was the afternoon cartoons which came on a 2 pm and finished around 5. This was when TMNT was showing. Saturdays I remember watching Photon.... But no Robotech.

And I imagine that since I never saw Robotech, I have no latent memories of the characters written in my heart - meanwhile, since I've seen Macross in its' totality - than just seeing the pictures...I don't care what the dubs are saying - in my mind I can "hear" the original Japanese and remember what the subtitles said at each point in the story pretty well.

And that's not going to change.

So in fairness - I can see how some people who grew up on Robotech just can't shake those characters being impressed on their minds.

Pete

I was born the year Robotech first got shown and learned about when when it was only being shown on cable (Toonami), which I didn't have for a long time. You could say I missed out too, but with everything I know now, what exactly?

EDIT: One of many answers: From Zen72, BSDM from the novels with Anatole Leonard... wow.

Edited by Einherjar

Ahh well, before even you get the boot, Jasonc, I kinda remember others like Darkwater, RTsurfer amongst others who contributed a whole lot more to RT fandom & even RT.com as compared to MEMO & his ignorant ilks. Atleast most hardcore RT fans actually do their research with OSM & knew RT origins as compared to half-arsed ignoramus RT masses that willingly lap up any BS sspewed by a chosen equally ignorant elite who didn't know any better.

Eversince the most influential & knowledgable RT members get booted out over the years either of disagreeing with TPTB or because they sounded too Macross-sey, that is the moment I lose interest in RT.com.

I never knew RTsurfer, but I'm really good friends with Darkwater. We don't really ever talk about Robotech at all. If we ever did, it was more to talk about the drama that was going on, as we both talk to other people who are still into the RT franchise somewhat. When Macross Frontier was airing, a group of us would get together and watch those episodes, so that group has been transitioning to Macross, but for the lot of them, Robotech has pretty much died, and not even a live action movie is gonna bring it back. Basically, biting the hand that feeds is HG's mentality, and they're running out of giving hands. Then again, that's an easy thing to do since HG isn't reciprocating the respect.

I say we al go down to the HG booth during the next AX, hug the HG staff, and tell them "it's ok", that they don't need to pretend anymore, and that their fanbase will understand they have absolutely notihing to give them but regurgitated toys, cell phone games, and empty promises!

Then we'll all go out for pie!!

^_^ What, we're not going to invite TOMMY out for pie?

He'd probably be worried he'd end up WEARING it.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

"I do this for all Robotech fans..." :lol:

While I don't condone the pieing idea, even if it was done again, I don't think it sent a message to them the first time. Perhaps it's the reason why their news is more sparse than ever (not that it was out in any regular frequency anyways). They are probably trying to save themselves from more incidents like that. But, I say, we all go out for some pie

There's also just not supporting the franchise financially. In the end, that's always more powerful than wasting perfectly good food to make a very misguided point. Don't take any actions that eventually sends money to HG that they'll use to reinvest in Robotech in their unique way again. You can buy everything else, as long as it doesn't have the Robotech or Harmony Gold logo anywhere in the packaging or stamped on the product.

There's also just not supporting the franchise financially. In the end, that's always more powerful than wasting perfectly good food to make a very misguided point. Don't take any actions that eventually sends money to HG that they'll use to reinvest in Robotech in their unique way again. You can buy everything else, as long as it doesn't have the Robotech or Harmony Gold logo anywhere in the packaging or stamped on the product.

But how else would we be able to enjoy the OVA quality of The Shadow Chronicles, without purchasing the bluray?!

All I can say is robotech was cool back in the day. I think every newbee to the series should see it. I grew up on it and enjoyed it from beginning to end. I found Macross on the back of a Heavy Metal cartoon mag. I was like wow that looks like Robotech. As I got older I realized the Mac came before Robo and that Japan is the sizzle when it comes to tranformable mecha combat.

I never understood the long blood fued between Mac and Robo fans. I like both. When I want some Cyclone toy love I go to Robotech. When I want some hard hitting Valk and Konig action. I go to Macross. The companies are going to make their money reguardless. So I take a little from both.

But I must say I used to reads these boards years before I signed on. You guys used to fight like it was the Clone Wars on here or something. I found that quite enjoyable. You dudes can be funny when you wanna be.

Just my two buffalo nickels.........:)

So does anyone know why MacrossWorld gets a lot of attention by the important people at rt.com and HG? I remember someone saying a while back that this site doesn't even represent a huge chunk of either fandom or something.

Edited by Einherjar

So does anyone know why MacrossWorld gets a lot of attention by the important people at rt.com and HG? I remember someone saying a while back that this site doesn't even represent a huge chunk of either fandom or something.

There used to be kind of a long-standing rivalry between the two sites...members from here would join up there for the purposes of trolling and vice-versa.

It's faded in recent years to a degree, but I think Macross World is still known in RT circles as "that place where they hate Robotech," and most Macross fans think of RT.com as "that Harmony Gold site."

Besides, look at how many people who get banned from RT.com come here for their next stop...I believe it was Taksraven who once mentioned that Macross World sometimes seemed more like a refugee camp for former RT.com members.

Not that that's a bad thing, mind you...but the RT fans shouldn't be surprised if someone gets in their face for saying things like, "I love that scene in 'Force of Arms' where Rick rescues Lisa in his Veritech."

But yeah...it seems like it's mostly an issue here and (somewhat less) at RT.com. If you look at places like AnimeSuki, Robotech is barely a blip on people's radar screens.

There used to be kind of a long-standing rivalry between the two sites...members from here would join up there for the purposes of trolling and vice-versa.

It's faded in recent years to a degree, but I think Macross World is still known in RT circles as "that place where they hate Robotech," and most Macross fans think of RT.com as "that Harmony Gold site."

I think that kind of thinking has grown to "various places where they hate Robotech" and rt.com as "the only Harmony Gold site," in the last few years.

You think Kevin Mckeever, and I guess MEMO now too these days, is setting a bad example as someone once involved in that cycle and using it to their advantage?

Edited by Einherjar

You think Kevin Mckeever, and I guess MEMO now too these days, is setting a bad example as someone once involved in that cycle and using it to their advantage?

I don't think Memo was ever what you would call a regular poster over here. BankOfKev was realy only on the old boards, and while he wasn't rude...he usually brought trouble with him.

Most everybody who came here to troll got banned quickly. And I know RT.com members have their own stories of annoyance to share.

As I said, thankfully, it's calmed down. Few people at RT.com get riled at the mention of Macross, and the days are gone here where someone would get mercilessly flamed just for using the word "Veritech." We certainly put Whamhammer through his paces, but that's mild in comparison to the way it used to be. Just ask Keith. ^_^

There was one incident several years ago where one of the MW members asked the HG staff how they felt bootlegging the 3 seperate series. Needless to say, I know that stirred the pot like no one could believe, and I know a large feud started with that. Don't really know if that started all of it or not, but I think it was a build up of things that got that question asked in the first place. Because there are some people who have some knowledge, and some status withing the niche boards, and because a lot of rt.com old fans come here, I'm sure HG likes to come here and check out the threads here.

From what I've noticed, and this is just my researched observation, Macrossworld is only a portion of a large fanbase. There are many other sites dedicated to Macross talk, although, not as organized as here. Also, most of them are in Japanese language, unlike here. Although this site does represent a small portion of the Macross fanbase, its influence is pretty prominent. I mean, Graham has connections to Yamato, and our opinions do seem to count here as far as toys (too a certain extent). That's probably something that bugs some of the RT extremists, as they can't even get a decent t-shirt.

As for the seemingly risen strife between both sides, I think this time it's more on the RT extremists side. The spreading of some strange idea that HG is in total control of Macross and can do what they want with the designs and banning anyone who disagrees is dividing their fans, and then those Robotech fans are getting labled as Macross purists. So, it seems like their own "civil war" is somehow being blamed on Macross fans. I guess they'd rather have someone else to blame than blame themselves. Funny, that does seem to fit the Robotech staff at the helm and how they operate.

As for the seemingly risen strife between both sides, I think this time it's more on the RT extremists side. The spreading of some strange idea that HG is in total control of Macross and can do what they want with the designs and banning anyone who disagrees is dividing their fans, and then those Robotech fans are getting labled as Macross purists. So, it seems like their own "civil war" is somehow being blamed on Macross fans. I guess they'd rather have someone else to blame than blame themselves. Funny, that does seem to fit the Robotech staff at the helm and how they operate.

I don't think we here are the only threat to whatever they're trying to do anymore. Maybe the extremists should expand their attention to other areas of the Internet, in an attempt to keep up with the times. Though, I guess it's easier to use what happens here as a general example of how it is outside a heavily pro-Robotech site; the Macross Purist.

It sucks to be labeled as some type of stereotype for the benefit of a certain population.

I don't think we here are the only threat to whatever they're trying to do anymore. Maybe the extremists should expand their attention to other areas of the Internet, in an attempt to keep up with the times. Though, I guess it's easier to use what happens here as a general example of how it is outside a heavily pro-Robotech site; the Macross Purist.

It sucks to be labeled as some type of stereotype for the benefit of a certain population.

It doesn't suck really. If you're gonna get labled, usually those are the ignorant ones. It usually tells you which people don't have the knowledge or mentality to have a decent conversation. I still think MW simply gets blamed for starting their own garbage crusades, simply cause they can't face their own shortfalls. It's been done before, and will probably be done again. I really don't care what they like to say. We don't need ammunition for them, they simply hand deliver it over here.

I don't really mind being labelled. I am a Macross Purist...in that I love Macross and dislike Robotech. I try not to be obnoxious about it (except to people who really deserve it, like Memo), but if there really is such a thing as a "Macross Purist," I'm one of 'em. :D

I'm with Gubaba on this one.

I don't mind labelling myself a Macross Purist, and while I can tolerate the existence of Robotech somewhat like I can tolerate the existence of other franchises I don't happen to enjoy, what makes it stand out as a bunch of bad people is their history of Cease and Decists and their history of trying to monopolize the market and keep Macross goods out. And mind you, I don't even live in the United States, so their activities haven't directly effected me, but I think that what they are doing is outside the bounds of civil competition - they are trying to use laws to muscle away their competitors. Thankfully, in the age of the internet - that fails.

Finally - they are the people who are responsible for the feud. Why? Because they don't produce anything beyond trouble - no new toys worth mentioning, no new series worth mentioning. And yeah, yeah, there was a Cyclone and the Betas - but that was like a year or more ago. Yamato, Bandai, Kaiyodo - they keep churning out new stuff - you can SEE how hard they work to make stuff that is better and better. Same with anime shows. HG just made a couple of things and Shadow Chronicles and that's it.

So - they make lame products which are not interesting, and then they feel compelled to try and muscle themselves into a good market position. "Dag- nobody wants to buy our crap - so we'll just send the lawyers out so that people don't get to buy Yamato's stuff either!"

If HG just left Macross alone, and allowed original-Macross fandom to flourish - they could focus on Robotech and that would be it.

But they won't do that because they fear that Macross will win.

This is a strange fear.

If I owned a production company that had some rights to some designs and concepts, I'd be churning out tons of cool ideas, coming up with my own plots and designing my own toys and going all out to make a mark on the American cartoon market.

But apparently HG is so mentally bankrupt that all they can do is try to use lawyers against competition and generally pretend that it's still 1983 and nobody knows about Japanese anime, the internet doesn't exist, and people will accept what- by today's modern standards SURELY - would qualify as a cheap bootleg as being a "great animation."

Pete

Macross Purist

roar!

If I owned a production company that had some rights to some designs and concepts, I'd be churning out tons of cool ideas, coming up with my own plots and designing my own toys and going all out to make a mark on the American cartoon market.

But apparently HG is so mentally bankrupt that all they can do is try to use lawyers against competition and generally pretend that it's still 1983 and nobody knows about Japanese anime, the internet doesn't exist, and people will accept what- by today's modern standards SURELY - would qualify as a cheap bootleg as being a "great animation."

But HG isn't a production company, anymore at least, they've always been more of a distribution company. Their only real asset back in the day was money, which they used to buy animation and create Robotech around it. Later on, they reinvested money made from their initial success to keep it going, oftentimes trying to imitate many qualities from the animation they bought without the talent that originally made them. It might be the reason why they were more successful in other forms of media like comic books and novelizations. Animation-wise, I don't think they really had a chance in making new quality material since day one.

I was recently reminded of this when someone wanted to make a list about all the various people and companies that helped make the Robotech franchise. Of course, when you get through all the information out there, a lot of talented people "contributed" to it, but many unknowingly and uncredited to this day.

From the homepage of www.intheworks.com, one of those movie gossip sites:

BREAKING NEWS Associated Press: Plans of the progression of Harmony Gold's Robotech: Live Action Movie project has just been released. To save on costs, Harmony Gold has acquired International Marketing Rights from Azamatov Movie Production Company for the video footage to George Lucas's Star Wars: A New Hope. Harmony Gold discovered that Azamatov Movie Production Company was in possession of the rights based on a little known contract signed by Lucasfilm and Azamatov MPC back in 1989, when Azamatov Movie Production Company managed to secure the license to distribute Star Wars: A New Hope in Kazahstan for the first time (the movie was previously not allowed to be screened or sold under the former Communist regime). The contract apparently granted "Sole, international distribution rights" to Azamatov Movie Production Company, and Harmony Gold was able to acquire those rights from Azamatov MPC "for a bag of red pubic hair contributed by one of our staff," according to Tommy Yune.

"We're thrilled," stated Frank Agrapa, "and we've already notified Warner Bros. that we won't be needing them after all. We're going back to our tried and true modus operandi. After all, Robotech was put together by using footage from previously existing anime, so why should the Live Action Movie be any different?"

Already, plot titbits have been revealed - for example the following scene should ring some bells:

Dark Haydonite: Scott never told you what happened to Rick Hunter...

Duke Protoculture: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!

Dark Haydonite: No...I AM Rick Hunter!

Duke Protoculture: No!...That's not possible...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harmony Gold plans to dub over the original Star Wars movie after figuring out "how to fit it into existing Robotech cannon" after which the movie will be sleighted for release in early Feburary of 2010. Sadly, Harmony Gold has not acquired the rights to use any other Star Wars movies. Lucasfilm, meanwhile, has been totally surprised by the event. "Hasbro has already recieved a cease and decist order in term sof producing Star Wars toys, with Harmony Gold claiming exclusive merchandising rights, since Azamatov Productions owned ALL of Star Wars and transfered that ownership to them.

The Robotech: A New Hope, will be shown in Kazahstan under the banner of Azamatov productions, who have retained Kazah production rights to the film.

As to future films, Frank Agrama of Harmony Gold said: "The future of this business is clear. We're not going to make the same mistake as we made with Shadow Chronicles. Our initial sucess with Robotech came through us cobbling together three seperate films and then effectively stealing the international rights to it. The problem with Shadow Chronicles is that we tried to make something ourselves - something original. That is hard. That takes work, money and imagination. We'll never try that again. Having acquired the rights to dub over Star Wars: A New Hope, we are now moving aggressively to acquire other live action sci-fi movies from third world backwater semi-legal entities. Our point man in the endeavor is Borat Sagadievev, who has wide international experience and is one of the stars of Azamatov Productions. We're please to be working with them, and are actively shaving our pubic hair on a regular basis to make the necessary payments."

I don't think Memo was ever what you would call a regular poster over here. BankOfKev was realy only on the old boards, and while he wasn't rude...he usually brought trouble with him.

Most everybody who came here to troll got banned quickly. And I know RT.com members have their own stories of annoyance to share.

As I said, thankfully, it's calmed down. Few people at RT.com get riled at the mention of Macross, and the days are gone here where someone would get mercilessly flamed just for using the word "Veritech." We certainly put Whamhammer through his paces, but that's mild in comparison to the way it used to be. Just ask Keith. ^_^

Ask Keith nuthin, search Keith on the google Alt.Fan.Macross archives :)

Besides, look at how many people who get banned from RT.com come here for their next stop...I believe it was Taksraven who once mentioned that Macross World sometimes seemed more like a refugee camp for former RT.com members.

;)

Taksraven

Dude, Force of Arms totally rocked! I loved it when the SDF-1 blew up Dolza's fortress with their Reflex missiles!

Sadly, the Variations coffee shop didn't make it. :(

I liked the symbolism there where the coffee shop was destroyed, as was the fountain, two very symbolic places in Hikaru's love life. Verrry cool.

Taksraven

I guess that you are pretty right, but there is nothing wrong with a major flame war once in a while to "get the fires going again".

*Sighs, and wistfully remembers the old days on the usenet with chaotic, unmoderated discussions that were brutal and fun.*

Taksraven

This line on the rt.com frontpage referring to the hulu stuff absolutely cracks me up.

Watch Robotech for free (legally) online!

Thank GOD for that, I would HATE to watch it ILLEGALLY!!!

Is it just me or does that line from the rt.com frontpage say a lot about the mentality of HG?

Taksraven

This line on the rt.com frontpage referring to the hulu stuff absolutely cracks me up.

Watch Robotech for free (legally) online!

Thank GOD for that, I would HATE to watch it ILLEGALLY!!!

Is it just me or does that line from the rt.com frontpage say a lot about the mentality of HG?

Taksraven

So, you mean the thousands of dollars I spent on all the variations of Robotech on DVD and Blu-Ray, I didn't have to spend??? (J/K) LMAO :lol: