Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

I just bought the unarmored VF-25F from BBTS off of amazon. I know a little bit about this toy, y'all are starting to scare me. Did I waste my money or am I going to reasonably pleased? Most of my experience has been with Yamato 1/60s and toynami 1/100s so I have very little to go on with Bandai. Can anybody put my mind at ease? I like the VF-25, it's a sleek ship, I have a VF100 version of it, which looks good, but didn't satisfy the want. Help me out people.

I just bought the unarmored VF-25F from BBTS off of amazon. I know a little bit about this toy, y'all are starting to scare me. Did I waste my money or am I going to reasonably pleased? Most of my experience has been with Yamato 1/60s and toynami 1/100s so I have very little to go on with Bandai. Can anybody put my mind at ease? I like the VF-25, it's a sleek ship, I have a VF100 version of it, which looks good, but didn't satisfy the want. Help me out people.

Don't worry it's fine. Like all these toys they have their quirks. The paint application isn't so great on it but otherwise it's a sturdy toy. Eventually it might get a little floppy along the hip joints but just apply some nail polish to the ball and socket joint and it will be fine. If you like the toy I would recommend checking out the 1/72 Bandai snap together model as well. More fragile but allot better detail actually.

Don't worry it's fine. Like all these toys they have their quirks. The paint application isn't so great on it but otherwise it's a sturdy toy. Eventually it might get a little floppy along the hip joints but just apply some nail polish to the ball and socket joint and it will be fine. If you like the toy I would recommend checking out the 1/72 Bandai snap together model as well. More fragile but allot better detail actually.

Cool, I feel a lot better, especially after my recent experience with bandai and the vf-25 (my VF100 just broke a hip), so thanks. Not been having good luck with toys lately, my yamato 1/60 VF-0 has a floppy right arm (bad shoulder), and oddly enough, the best toys I've had thus far have been toynami (gasp!).

• 2 weeks later...

that must be the poster they announced a while back with the unpainted VF-27 sample. With the 27 release on Feb and the VF-25 due in March, you're supposed to have a big poster...the scan is a bit on the small side to tell what exactly it looks like.

Quick question: Next month, I plan to buy a 1/60 VF-25. As I've held off on buying one for the past year due to all the reported QC problems, I'm hoping the newer releases have improved. I'm leaning towards the VF-25S Armored Messiah, but if that one still has certain problems, which variant is the most trouble-free?

VF-25S with Armored Pack is generally pretty safe.

But to be honest, I haven't had any problems with any of mine, except for some minor blemishes on the paint apps or printing.

Of course with any of the Super Packs, the intake covers fall off at the slightest touch.

The one that gets most handling from me is a second issue VF-25F Alto that I keep without any packs on. It's fun, easy to transform and has no frustration factor.

Graham

But to be honest, I haven't had any problems with any of mine, except for some minor blemishes on the paint apps or printing.

Of course with any of the Super Packs, the intake covers fall off at the slightest touch.

The one that gets most handling from me is a second issue VF-25F Alto that I keep without any packs on. It's fun, easy to transform and has no frustration factor.

Graham

Thanks, Graham. Paint/printing blemishes aren't a problem for me; we get those in Yamato Valks all the time. :lol:

Guess that means the Armored VF-25S is my primary target, then. The VF-25F (even the Tornado Messiah) is on the bottom of my list, as I'm not a fan of Alto.

I don't know whether it happens to all the VF-25s, but the after a couple of locks and unlocks of the crotch lock during transformation or otherwise, the crotchs of both my 2 VF-25s (Ozma and Micheal, both with FPs) will become so loose that I can't keep the crotch locked in battroid mode, without wedging a piece of paper in between).

That explains my sig.

So far I have not found any permanent fix yet, and I would be most appreciative if anyone has a good solution that requires minimal surgery.

I've been trying to read up on these. Is there an earlier version to be watchful for? (I made the BIG mistake of buying a v.1 vf-1 before I knew better) I'd like a simple vf-25f alto.

Angloz has the 25f w/ superparts for only $135 but they charge $150 for the valk w/o superparts. Am I missing something here? Are there two versions of the main toy?

http://www.angolz.com/home/productDetails....96&catId=32

http://www.angolz.com/home/productDetails....02&catId=32

I've been trying to read up on these. Is there an earlier version to be watchful for? (I made the BIG mistake of buying a v.1 vf-1 before I knew better) I'd like a simple vf-25f alto.

Angloz has the 25f w/ superparts for only $135 but they charge $150 for the valk w/o superparts. Am I missing something here? Are there two versions of the main toy?

The 25F w/ super parts is marked at 22% off (from $173). The 25F w/o super parts is sold out (no point in discounting it).

I can't remember any differences between the 25F Valks themselves. (The 25S Ozma had a different neck piece with the Super Parts.)

The first link is the movie version of VF-25F with super parts. You'll notice that the super parts are actually blue, where as the web exclusive set was more of a dark blue/gray. The second link was to the original release of VF-25F and the price just kind of hung on there now that it is sold out. The movie version price is dropping because most people already have the first version, so it's less in demand, at least that's how I see it.

The 25F w/ super parts is marked at 22% off (from $173). The 25F w/o super parts is sold out (no point in discounting it).

I can't remember any differences between the 25F Valks themselves. (The 25S Ozma had a different neck piece with the Super Parts.)

Thanks!

(the regular Ozma is also priced at $150 too)

So I guess, by getting the superparts, I'm getting $15 off!

I don't know whether it happens to all the VF-25s, but the after a couple of locks and unlocks of the crotch lock during transformation or otherwise, the crotchs of both my 2 VF-25s (Ozma and Micheal, both with FPs) will become so loose that I can't keep the crotch locked in battroid mode, without wedging a piece of paper in between).

That explains my sig.

So far I have not found any permanent fix yet, and I would be most appreciative if anyone has a good solution that requires minimal surgery.

IIRC Wizatar's review on youtube had a quick and easy fix to the crotch lock issue.

Graham

Is yours loose at the right shoulder? I was told that the VF-25S I bought was a 2nd issue but I'm not completely sure if mine really is. The right shoulder joint is loose, the gun hand droops under the weight of the gun, and the crotch lock does not lock very securely.

Is yours loose at the right shoulder? I was told that the VF-25S I bought was a 2nd issue but I'm not completely sure if mine really is. The right shoulder joint is loose, the gun hand droops under the weight of the gun, and the crotch lock does not lock very securely.

No shoulders are loose on any of mine. The shoulder on the VF-25S with Armored Pack is a bit tight though.

The gun hand droops under the weight of the gun on all of them. Not a big deal for me, I can live with it, I just use a two hand aiming pose, with the left hand under the barrel for support.

Crotch lock tightness on my VF-25 toys ranges from acceptable (25S, 25F, RVF-25) to fairly loose on mine (VF-25G). However, without Super Packs fitted, even the loose ones are acceptable. Again, I haven't really found this to be too much of an issue.

The Super Packs generally make the toy frustrating enough with all the bits that fall off that they are for display only. If I actually want to play with one of the DX 25s, it wil either a bare version, or sometimes with Armored Pack.

I really enjoy the bare VF-25 toys. They are hassle-free, fun toys IMO, where as with Super Packs fitted, they become frustating pains in the ass.

Graham

I recently purchased the GE-44 VF-25G Messiah Michael Custom. Everything was fine except for one piece from the display stand it came with was missing some parts that held it up on battloid mode. I also own the 7 VF-25S Armored Messiah Ozma Custom so I knew which piece was missing.

This is from the GE-47 VF-25S Armored Messiah Ozma Custom and is what it should look like:

normal.jpg

This is what I got with the GE-44 VF-25G Messiah Michael Custom:

missing.jpg

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on how I can get a replacement?

No shoulders are loose on any of mine. The shoulder on the VF-25S with Armored Pack is a bit tight though.

The gun hand droops under the weight of the gun on all of them. Not a big deal for me, I can live with it, I just use a two hand aiming pose, with the left hand under the barrel for support.

Crotch lock tightness on my VF-25 toys ranges from acceptable (25S, 25F, RVF-25) to fairly loose on mine (VF-25G). However, without Super Packs fitted, even the loose ones are acceptable. Again, I haven't really found this to be too much of an issue.

The Super Packs generally make the toy frustrating enough with all the bits that fall off that they are for display only. If I actually want to play with one of the DX 25s, it wil either a bare version, or sometimes with Armored Pack.

I really enjoy the bare VF-25 toys. They are hassle-free, fun toys IMO, where as with Super Packs fitted, they become frustating pains in the ass.

Graham

I agree, they are more enjoyable bare. The crotch lock annoys me since I like disconnecting the waist section and angling it forward, makes for a more dynamic look, however during the dynamic poses I put it in, the crotch tends to unlock, leading the to Messiah falling backwards.

I recently purchased the GE-44 VF-25G Messiah Michael Custom. Everything was fine except for one piece from the display stand it came with was missing some parts that held it up on battloid mode. I also own the 7 VF-25S Armored Messiah Ozma Custom so I knew which piece was missing.

This is from the GE-47 VF-25S Armored Messiah Ozma Custom and is what it should look like:

normal.jpg

This is what I got with the GE-44 VF-25G Messiah Michael Custom:

missing.jpg

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on how I can get a replacement?

Contact the store you got it from and have them request a replacement part from Bandai (if they're in Japan). Otherwise, have the toy replaced by one that isn't incomplete.

Well, I went to my local anime toy store and put a down payment on a VF-25S Armored Messiah. Once paid in full (hopefully by the end of the week), it'll come out to US$206 after taxes. Is that a reasonable price?

Well..there's a 1/60 fully decked out ozma at our local store for like $369 or something like that.

The VF-27 looks REALLY nice, and it seems to have a fair number of improvements to coincide with the criticisms of the 25, such as a swing down locking arm for the gun and removable pilots.

16limmo.jpg

1z4hnw7.jpg

Now if only they had a confirmation that the crotch locking system was completely different, I'd preorder one right now.

Tornado pack included for completeness' sake.

inbio3.jpg

Pics from http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergundam/

Is it just me, or does it look like in GERWALK mode the VF-25 has more forward bend than the previous releases? It looks like the intakes may still be 'locked' but the nose is pointed far more below the horizontal than the anime Alto.

I'm probably just hoping too much since that was my major complaint about the VF-25.